europe?

Superabby

When are we allowed to compete again in Europe?

Is it after next season or the season after?

I thought it was after next season but guy at work (an obsessed one) said it was 3 years after the accounts were published which is at seasons end and makes it 4 seasons in the end.iz that the case Or is he talking ghe usual bollocks

Europe? The theory - I think other posters are correct - its 3 years of audited accounts published to remove the eligibility barrier to playing in Europe. The on-the-pitch performance reality? I think the Board said at the AGM it would be 5 years to become competitive again in the top league (I presume they meant counting this season and not 5 years from the first year of return to the top flight). If by competitive they meant competing for a top 6 slot or better then that still seems to me to put Europe far far away.

But if ST boycotts take hold - and cash starvation applies - and players can't be bought - but players have to be sold to reduce costs - and the result is a weakened squad competing in the Championship - it could then take a few seasons to get out of the Championship and that puts Europe even further away. And if that scenario becomes a reality then a large measure of the delay will not be down to the players or the Board. It will have been a deliberate choice by Supporters to boycott and to create the financial and on-the-field consequences. Europe - the closest we will get is videos of past games and the distant hope of what might yet happen when the turmoil is ended and the whole energy goes back to just supporting the team on the field.

I think its 3 years accounts is needed. So 2012-13 , 13-14 & 14-15 would mean 2015-16 is the chance for us to qualify for Europe.

Correct, at the moment, we only have one set of accounts, to 30th June 2013, which were logged on companies house website on 4th April 2014. I would imagine they were delivered before the deadline on 31st March.

I'm not sure by which date we need the three sets of accounts.