Street parties in Newcastle

Geordie Bear

They are ready to party down the toon , BUT it will be the worst thing ever to happen to your great club ! The fat slug does care about clubs fans or history , He I ruled by money and money alone and as soon as he has milked Rangers dry it will be on to the next project

He will drip feed the fans just enough to give you hope , Try to keep this man away from your great club at all costs

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has watched what's been happening at Newcastle over the last few years should surely have concerns? I know we are all looking for financial stability and long term planning, but Ashley seems to have absolutely no footballing ambition.

Anyone who has watched what's been happening at Newcastle over the last few years should surely have concerns? I know we are all looking for financial stability and long term planning, but Ashley seems to have absolutely no footballing ambition.

I'm genuinely not clued up enough on newcastle. To me he seems to have supported the manager with decent funds, and given lengthy contracts to both manager and head of scouting which should provide stability.

Geordies appear to hate him because he won't compete on the same financial level as the Chelsea, Man City's etc.

Factually, what has he done right or wrong down there that is of note?

Can you have footballing ambition with Newcastle?

Yeah by getting them running at a profit, buying players for low fees then selling of for ££'s while still performing decent enough in EPL.

Newcastle have this false sense of entitlement that they should be fighting at the top of the table...they are mental.

The clubs at the top end are clubs with bags of money and ran by billionaires. United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal...

Sure he could blow millions and try to get into the top 4-5 spots and run the risk of the club suffering financially, all in the name of footballing ambition…sound familiar?

HOW LONG HAS ASHLEY BEEN AT NEWCASTLE UNITED AND WHEN DID NEWCASTLE UNITED LAST WIN A DOMESTIC TROPHEY

They are ready to party down the toon , BUT it will be the worst thing ever to happen to your great club ! The fat slug does care about clubs fans or history , He I ruled by money and money alone and as soon as he has milked Rangers dry it will be on to the next project

He will drip feed the fans just enough to give you hope , Try to keep this man away from your great club at all costs

Allreet pet

Another diciple of dodgy dave - awa the lad.

Newcastle fans may hate him but this quote sums up why he would probably work out for Rangers..

He'd probably be very good for Rangers, to be honest.

He doesn't need to spend anywhere near as much there compared to Newcastle to get success as the fees being thrown around in the SPL are far lower. I believe the highest fee ever paid by an SPL club was £12m for Tore Andre Flo, but those sorts of fees are fairly common in the PL. Mid-level fees of £6-8m even moreso. You can probably expect that sort of expenditure from Ashley providing that club revenues are up to scratch.

He's probably looking at Rangers not only as a big club with lots of commercial potential, but also as a route into the Champions League where he can get strong European advertising for Sports Direct.

Now unless King Dave wants to put his hand in his pocket and actually buy us (LOL) then we've got a smart businessman at the top which is something we desperately need right now.