Street parties in Newcastle

Geordie Bear

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other side of that is in England they would receive millions in TV money and other sponsorships that you just wouldn't get near in Scotland.

Other side of that is he would get european football with us and that would mean money through the actual competition and money from advertising his company in other countries.

Other side of that is he would get european football with us and that would mean money through the actual competition and money from advertising his company in other countries.

Indeed.

Just pointing out he would have got a fair whack at Newcatle in terms of the EPL.

Here it will be more difficuilt to get a return on his money unless we perfromed well in Europe and finished 1st for CL (with the new seeding rules for next season).

Indeed.

Just pointing out he would have got a fair whack at Newcatle in terms of the EPL.

Here it will be more difficuilt to get a return on his money unless we perfromed well in Europe and finished 1st for CL (with the new seeding rules for next season).

That is true, but I honestly think the Tims are fucked. If we get our shit sorted we should be winning the league almost every season should they not get their shit sorted.

They don't play part time sides in a diddy cup...

Ally's cup record is non existant and that is in a country where only 1 team have more resources than us.

They weren't very good when they played a 'Diddy team' in 1964. Jock Wallace and the rest of the Bedford Town team beat the Bar codes 2-1 at St James' Park. I guess that was MA's fault too though. :)

To be pedantic, he never cleared the debt - he switched it so that Newcastle owe him the debt now (circa £120m iirc) - granted it is now in an interest free loan.

I listen to podcasts about the EPL and he's often discussed on there. The lack of ambition (specifically not attempting to challenge for cups), refusing to speak to the media, and the way he treated club legends (such as Keegan) are often spoken about for reasons for the dislike in the past though I think currently it is refusing to sack Pardew. Also the commercial deals being loaded in favour of SD rather than the club is used as a criticism.

Newcastle do turn a profit and their wage bill is pretty low by EPL standards I think - Personally think they are cutting it a bit fine with the players this season but I don't see them being relegated.

GM

Ach that the issue - it's how you view these things - I would say he gave Keegan a chance, he has provided a financially stable footing for the club and if SD get benefit is that a good price for financial stability? Also chasing the dream can be financial roulette - are we not examples of that? However I don't really have the answer unless my £100m ticket comes in

One of the richest men in the UK wants in on our club, a double smart guy who makes David Murray look like Del boy, I will ask anyone against him being involved to list the reasons why, maybe they enjoy the emergency loans, share offers to get by, alleged threat of admin 2 etc etc, ffs look at the nick of our team imo he is exactly the man we need, whingeing Geordies with ideas way above their station.

They expect a Van Gaal type manager and the top drawer players (never going to happen)

They are ready to party down the toon , BUT it will be the worst thing ever to happen to your great club ! The fat slug does care about clubs fans or history , He I ruled by money and money alone and as soon as he has milked Rangers dry it will be on to the next project

He will drip feed the fans just enough to give you hope , Try to keep this man away from your great club at all costs

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated, although wasted on here.

It seems Ashley is next in line to receive unconditional slavish devotion from the media guys.

They are ready to party down the toon , BUT it will be the worst thing ever to happen to your great club ! The fat slug does care about clubs fans or history , He I ruled by money and money alone and as soon as he has milked Rangers dry it will be on to the next project

He will drip feed the fans just enough to give you hope , Try to keep this man away from your great club at all costs

Gany nip doon the toon and get us a pack o bullets?

I'm just wondering which billionaire businessman who expresses an interest in buying us would get the least amount of shit thrown at them on here or in the Scottish press?

Dermot Desmond although some of ra sellick unwashed who post on here might be less than happy

Might be better to get someone in that knows the colours angers play in ? Ashley wont even know where Glasgow is never mind Ibrox , All he will be seeing is a club with a big fan base ( like Newcastle )where he can sell loads of his tat

SPORTS DIRECT SELLING SPORTS GEAR TO FAT PEOPLE THAT DONT DO SPORT

Might be better to get someone in that knows the colours angers play in ? Ashley wont even know where Glasgow is never mind Ibrox , All he will be seeing is a club with a big fan base ( like Newcastle )where he can sell loads of his tat

angers? fucked if I know the colours of that team also that Ashley cant be very smart geographically, he might have a sat nav.

Don't ever compare us to your pishy club with its false sense of entitlement :lol:

We're much more than you ever will be.

I hear people saying that 'toon fans are raging at what he has done to their club. Hasn't he brought plenty players into the club who have then moved on for even higher inflated fees?

Just think, Rangers right now costs approx £20M a year to run from top to bottom. That doesn't even buy you a top player in the EPL...

Running Rangers would be pocket money to someone like Ashley, even once into the top tier we will still only need about £30-£50 Million to run with the next level of player.

Just imagine Ashley bringing in players like Cisse or Ba?????

Which he could easily do with the lure of European Football for these players and the stepping stone to the EPL.