Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing really new there, speculation and the likes, what does get me is the FACT none of us fans know exactly what is going on, its time we got the truth regarding the banks.

my other question is this, when walter came out after that game and said the banks were running the club, if this was any other club or business and the manager came out speaking against the grain, and remember they denied the bank had anything to do with running the club, why can a manager say this and get away scott free, summit aint right and the fact that nothing happened to walter tells me the banks are more involved, he cant get repremanded for telling the truth, and even at the gm how would you feel if you said that then attended a gm and it was all denied

So 'they' would prefer to lose a player that had a market value of over three million 12 months ago go for nothing all for the sake of 8 grand a week?

No wonder our banks have all gone tits up

Putting this in here, no need for a new thread :)

Exclusive by Thomas Jordan

Published on 13 Jan 2010

For 12 months, the picture has been painted of a club laid bare.

A world-famous institution where every meagre pound has become a prisoner.

Fed-up Rangers fans haven’t sniffed an A-list signing for a year and a half.

And Ibrox manager Walter Smith has claimed the men in suits from Lloyds Banking Group have tightened their fingers round the purse strings in a bid to ease debts totalling £31million.

The only light to pierce the gloom has been the form of Kris Boyd, whose goals have made him the hero of the Ibrox terracings – and helped Rangers open up a seven- point gap over Celtic in the SPL title race.

But now even Boyd’s Rangers future has been thrown back into the financial melting pot.

For we can exclusively reveal today the £18,000-a-week deal Boyd is keen to sign has still to be agreed by the club’s financial controllers.

That means the bid to keep the SPL’s record goalscorer at his boyhood idols could yet be scuppered.

Chief executive Martin Bain met Boyd’s representative at the end of last week and extended an offer which would bring the 26-year-old into line with the top earners at Ibrox and out of the clutches of English raiders.

Smith has urged Bain to do everything possible in his power to keep the player, who yesterday underwent a double hernia operation in Manchester, at the club.

However, the terms on offer have not been given the green light by certain individuals on the board.

And it now remains to be seen whether the offer will stand if, as expected, Boyd confirms he wants to put pen to paper on the deal.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor...id-yes-1.998370

While Martin Bain has his critics it would be a pretty poor Cheif Exec. who would offer a contract to anyone where that exceeds his authority or any companies business plan - so I feel there is a lot of shit stirring going on here as opposed to anything real - time will tell.

For we can exclusively reveal today the £18,000-a-week deal Boyd is keen to sign has still to be agreed by the club's financial controllers.

:lol:

Oh, can you?!

Fuck off with your second guessing pish. No quote=no story.

It is amusing, I'm sure Bain would have known his maximum limits BEFORE any deal would be offered!

As if we would ffer a contract that we didn't know we could pay..... :lol:

We did sign players we couldnt afford to buy so why not offer contracts we cant afford to pay?

So they are basically telling us that the new wage is still to be finalised by the money men. Thanks for that, very insightful.

Not a chance in hell that they are going to refuse the wage increase.

why?

Because it would see one of our biggest assets leave for free.

Even purely financially, it doesn't make sence.

nothing really new there, speculation and the likes, what does get me is the FACT none of us fans know exactly what is going on, its time we got the truth regarding the banks.

my other question is this, when walter came out after that game and said the banks were running the club, if this was any other club or business and the manager came out speaking against the grain, and remember they denied the bank had anything to do with running the club, why can a manager say this and get away scott free, summit aint right and the fact that nothing happened to walter tells me the banks are more involved, he cant get repremanded for telling the truth, and even at the gm how would you feel if you said that then attended a gm and it was all denied

I think you'll find Walter was 'Using the Media' in this instance, calling in favours from his media mates...you know the same media mates who never asked him any questions after the Unirea game. He's very good at using them when it suits his agenda.

This is what I think, the paper itsel is a rag however walter smith is very close to some of the journo's who write the stuff and like in the past walter likes to drop a bombshell when he detects things may be going wrongly for the club ie:

Boyd offered a deal which isnt signed off

Wilson + Fleck refusing their new offers

Novo + Broadfoot offered new contracts but on reduced terms

Now you can either look at this in 2 ways, either it is utter rubbish or walter has put it out there in order for a fans backlash or to prompt a new owner to finaly come up with the goods?

I honestly dont know my self 100% but I am more inclined to go with walter realising this to mount pressure!

How many of us has questioned the fact we are offering contracts to players when we dont have a management team contracted!

It just doesnt make sense!

is obvious that the agent give information to newspaper to get more money and put pressure on bank.

my friends tell me Boyd is happy in the rangers and is true blue. he not type of person to move from Scotland.

So they are basically telling us that the new wage is still to be finalised by the money men. Thanks for that, very insightful.

Not a chance in hell that they are going to refuse the wage increase.

why?

Because it would see one of our biggest assets leave for free.

Even purely financially, it doesn't make sence.

But we have offered contracts to Novo, Broadfoot, wilson, fleck, boyd when we dont know if the new manager will even want them? thats just crazy?