Golf

kplfishtank

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anyone played the taylormade tp5x ball?

I am usually a prov1x man but hearing great things about this ball and tempted to give it a try and see.

I think it is better than the pro v1x, bought 2 dozen a month ago.

I think in this day most gold balls are very similar I use the Callaway chrome soft truvis in medals the now. Was going to change but have a few of them. Heard the taylormade ball is good but I have just never liked taylormade as a company don't know how think it's with how often they used to bring clubs out. 

Hitting the ball decent the now have a medal tomorrow as usual the course was in not bad nick on Wednesday. 

Had an actual stand up argument with a guy who phoned me last night re a tie to be played in a 2 ball 4 some.

I have been on a couple of weeks holidays and he  phones last night to arrange the tie. Comes on all attitude saying he text me with 3 dates . Now, I haven't had any text but regardless my playng partner is also on holiday now and this guy expects me to forfeit the tie! I told him to fuck off and that I would get a weeks extension from match and handicap. He starts rabbiting on about "so we have to sit about waiting for you"...etc. Not happy.

Wee tadger.  I can't wait for the tie now.

9 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Had an actual stand up argument with a guy who phoned me last night re a tie to be played in a 2 ball 4 some.

I have been on a couple of weeks holidays and he  phones last night to arrange the tie. Comes on all attitude saying he text me with 3 dates . Now, I haven't had any text but regardless my playng partner is also on holiday now and this guy expects me to forfeit the tie! I told him to fuck off and that I would get a weeks extension from match and handicap. He starts rabbiting on about "so we have to sit about waiting for you"...etc. Not happy.

Wee tadger.  I can't wait for the tie now.

Extra motivation to win.

I love that format but trying to get 4 people to agree a time takes longer than the tie itself!! 

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Extra motivation to win.

I love that format but trying to get 4 people to agree a time takes longer than the tie itself!! 

Arranging them is a nightmare. We call it the "sorry" cup. Cause of what you say to your partner when you play a bad shot.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Arranging them is a nightmare. We call it the "sorry" cup. Cause of what you say to your partner when you play a bad shot.

Ha we have it at Lanark too.

Two of my mates play every year in it, but a few years ago the two of them were arguing and as a result one deliberately put the other one in a bunker ???

59 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ha we have it at Lanark too.

Two of my mates play every year in it, but a few years ago the two of them were arguing and as a result one deliberately put the other one in a bunker ???

I've won it two out the last 3 years. My partner has a higher handicap than me so can be good or pish. When he is pish I am never out rough, bunkers, woods, all the shie you can think of.  When he is good,  I am a spectator almost.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I've won it two out the last 3 years. My partner has a higher handicap than me so can be good or pish. When he is pish I am never out rough, bunkers, woods, all the shie you can think of.  When he is good,  I am a spectator almost.

Aye it's a format that when you are both decent it just works. Actually found in the past that if you are both consistent off the tee it makes a huge difference as you are in play.

Played this morning, shite front 9, sitting 2 under for the back 9 with two to go. Finish bogey, triple to not only not get cut but also miss the buffer. To say I am pissed off is an understatement. 

On 7/8/2017 at 8:05 AM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Extra motivation to win.

That's why I don't play in them anymore, it's a pain in the arse.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Right guys surely we can get a couple of 4 balls sorted for a Sunday? My club (paisley) being the venue...

i need 7 names or people interested and then i'll look at  dates etc.

Who's interested?

Paisley a cracking course. Used to play members guest up there.