Golf

kplfishtank

On 11 September 2016 at 4:30 PM, RFC RYAN said:

We were shit 64.1 a think our score was didn't sink anything all day except the last had 3 bogeys 4 birdies there was a 56.5 in when we went in 14.5 under par. 

Can't have any bogeys. Our  golf day 54.4 won it. 

We played with three players and played great to shoot 58 and we were no where near it lol 

On 3 September 2016 at 10:17 PM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

After over two years away from golf due to major spinal surgery, I hit balls last night for the first time at the range.

50 balls ranging from wedges to 8 iron and although there is still a bit of instability it was fucking great. 

Actually hit few good strikes.

Motivation is through the roof. 

Hey Floopy I've just had the all clear (to exercise) after 4 months in a spinal cage. Still on Vitamin D and Calcium tablets though, and will wear a less obtrusive support for a while. What exercises did you do before you started swinging again. I'm thinking of swimming?

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Hey Floopy I've just had the all clear (to exercise) after 4 months in a spinal cage. Still on Vitamin D and Calcium tablets though, and will wear a less obtrusive support for a while. What exercises did you do before you started swinging again. I'm thinking of swimming?

Had 3 discs out of place, trapping spinal cord. Needed two rods and 9 screws to give structural support and stability to the spine. 

Been working on lot of things since including swimming, walking, core exercises on floor and Swiss ball, started using rowing machine this week too. 

Also been working on a stretching programme to keep my hips etc loose. 

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Yep, doctors suggesting half of the above too. Ouch that was some injury mate. I hope all works out with the recovery. I was only one compression fracture.:lw:

Fucking right it was, this is the x Ray of the metal work in my back!!!

IMAG0726.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played the Torrance course at St Andrews couple weeks back and finished with a credible 82 (10 over) for my first attempt. £30 a round was great value. Knew I was gonna win when off the first I was in a bunker, scooped it out and bounced over a wee burn, duffed my chip onto the green and nailed a 45 footer for par ?

On 16 October 2016 at 11:02 PM, cushynumber said:

My mates didn'the want to/ couldn't play this weekend one excuse was cause there wives were saying the golf seasons finished. 

Useless cunts. 

Golf season never finishes added a extra medal at my course then it's winter league time. 

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Looks pretty bad, good to hear you're swinging a club again. Looks like thats an achievement in its own right (tu)

Doing not bad mate.  I'm a stubborn determined wee cunt. I might not get back to playing off 1 again but will definitely get back playing though. 

Nae point lying down.

Been really keen to start playing. Basically starting from scratch though.

What do you fellas recommend as the best starting point? Get down to the range and start working on a swing? Or get some lessons to give me a solid base? I mean I watch it every single weekend so I have a rough idea of the basics of a swing, but I get it's a very complicated practice.

Last time I played any golf was at Inverclyde when I was about 12....