The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Do you believe that AJ nodded in response to a question on whether we could go out of business if the tax liability was high enough?

i wanst there.

i believe its possible. but if he did it was beacuse he wanted a reaction.

TBH, in theory we could go out of business. IMO the person that asked the question knew what he was doing and got what he wanted. There is more chance of us all buying season tickets for Celtic than us going out of business.

It’s similar to me standing behind you in Tescos while you buy a lottery ticket and saying,”Mate, can you win the jackpot?” You nod “Yes” Of course you can, but the chances are millions to one.

This is fuck all lads, absolutely fuck all. AJ is doing well.

TBH, in theory we could go out of business. IMO the person that asked the question knew what he was doing and got what he wanted. There is more chance of us all buying season tickets for Celtic than us going out of business.

It’s similar to me standing behind you in Tescos while you buy a lottery ticket and saying,”Mate, can you win the jackpot?” You nod “Yes” Of course you can, but the chances are millions to one.

I enjoy your outlook on this (tu) well put sir. Nice gloss on it lol ;)

chick young is saying the takeover wont go through

Or to put in the correct perspective....

Host..."and finally Chick do you think the Takeover will go through?"

Chick Young..."No I don't!"

All they done was ask him a question based on his opinion of whether it will go through or not, he wasn't suggesting to have inside knowledge or anything incase anyone jumps the gun and thinks that.

Wee quote from kerryfail.

Quote Post Goto Top

rugby rebel Today, 12:04 AM Post #4114

Occasional Substitute

Group:

Members

"This deal looks like it going to happen. The scum from ibrox have managed to stave off their extinction. I am effing gutted that those ***** have been allowed to salvage their debt ridden hovel. effing gutted. This thread for many moons was a 'when it happens', not a, 'if it happens'. Those ***** were on the end of a rope and we helped them get a foothold. effing gutted that this thing they call a club has not gone into the history books. effing gutted".

WORRIED MUCH DECLAN ? :D :D :21: :21: :uk: :uk:

unillever could go out of business.

if you gave them a bill big enough. never mind rangers

I enjoy your outlook on this (tu) well put sir. Nice gloss on it lol ;)

LOL

It is worrying, but remember, we as Scotts are miserable people by nature, we don;t like success stories, we prefer the bad stories. There is a big story over G51 right now, a lot of diff stories. The tax thing is the most sensational one, so they are gonna nit pick at that

AJ is no mug. I believe he is manipulating the media here in order to apply pressure where it needs to be applied? Murray, Whyte, Lloyds....

I for one, believe this is near the end. It must be resolved one way or the other. The distraction is clearly becoming a burden imho.

And.. this thread has to end sometime. Doin ma heid in!

(tu)

AJ is no mug. I believe he is manipulating the media here in order to apply pressure where it needs to be applied? Murray, Whyte, Lloyds....

I for one, believe this is near the end. It must be resolved one way or the other. The distraction is clearly becoming a burden imho.

(tu)

This is exactly what i’ve said twice today. IMO the guy is playing a blinder and applying pressure at the right spots and got dicks like Young dancing to his tune

Quote Post Goto Top

Occasional Substitute

Group:

Members

"This deal looks like it going to happen. The scum from ibrox have managed to stave off their extinction. I am effing gutted that those ***** have been allowed to salvage their debt ridden hovel. effing gutted. This thread for many moons was a 'when it happens', not a, 'if it happens'. Those ***** were on the end of a rope and we helped them get a foothold. effing gutted that this thing they call a club has not gone into the history books. effing gutted".

Are you unable to swear on KerryFail? :lol:

That must be effing *****.

i believe its possible. but if he did it was beacuse he wanted a reaction.

There is a line that can't be crossed. Saying (or nodding) something that then forces us into making a clarifying statement to PLUS is poor corporate governance.

You may well be correct but having just listened to the BBC report it was all very negative insinuating that our debt is not fully disclosed and therefore may be more than what we the fans think.Dick Dung just stopped short of calling AJ a liar and chose the semantics line.They keep on talking about the tax bill saying it could be as much as £30 million saying we will go out of business according to AJ.All in all the BBC report didnt excatly leave you feeling confident.I still think the deal will go through unless (and it's a big unless) SDM suddenly discloses more debt we are liable for that we didnt know about.

This is exactly what i’ve said twice today. IMO the guy is playing a blinder and applying pressure at the right spots and got dicks like Young dancing to his tune

Genuinely interested in who will feel pressured by the chairman of a company agreeing that a potential tax bill could send the company under?

And then, I assume, approving a statement to the stock market to the contrary.

Seems like a bizarre turn of events rather than any genius attempt at manipulation.

Did AJ go on record today and say it will be clear in 48 hours?

I know we keep hearing about this "48 hours" but for once, someone at Rangers has come on record and said 48 hours. That will do for me.

48 hours it is.

(tu)

Exactly... you dont get the kind of position he has at IMG the biggest sports management company in the world if you are easily tricked by mediaocre journalists and silly questions. AJ knows what he has said and the only reason Rangers are issuing a statement is because the media are that stupid they have interpreted his words in the wrong way and they arent wanting the fans to believe it all. Rangers dont care what the media say but they are only doing this to reassure the fans i think :sherlock:

There is a line that can't be crossed. Saying (or nodding) something that then forces us into making a clarifying statement to PLUS is poor corporate governance.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool.

There was no need for AJ to respond in this manner, he must have known the usual idiotic response it would have created from the media. All he had to do was laugh it off.

Quote Post Goto Top

Occasional Substitute

Group:

Members

WORRIED MUCH DECLAN ? :D :D :21: :21: :uk: :uk:

Im sure that was posted before all this "going bust" shit was announced.

Had to turn off the radio earlier as that shower of bankers young , dodds and whoever it is host that show were all creaming it at the thought of us going to the wall , lets show our feelings at the game against utd and tell the bbc what we think of them , I sure will the morrow , lets here it loud and proud , Feck the bbc . Govan Front Loyal , any other members near by in govan front

and a pro fenian media that sees what it wants to see to convince its self rangers is fucked?

as i say i wasnt there. if you were and your telling me he clearly nodded then fair enough.

Has anyone else thought HOW THE FUCK could the deal get this close to completion if whyte thought he was going to be liable for a tax bill of 30 million bangers. There simply must be something else in the way of guarantees to get it this far.