The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

I think CW is the man, He is right to take his time. 50+million is a lot of money even for a millionaire, He will get it done tho. I wonder how he'll make the payment my guess is through switch or DD :lol:

Can anyone give me any reason as to why this wont happen now. I cant think of any myself.

I think CW is the man, He is right to take his time. 50+million is a lot of money even for a millionaire, He will get it done tho. I wonder how he'll make the payment my guess is through switch or DD :lol:

Can anyone give me any reason as to why this wont happen now. I cant think of any myself.

The BBC are doing their utmost to scaremonger.

That's about it.

Just been told by someone in work saying the bbc are reporting the deal is off. Tell me its an april fool as i dont have access to bbc site

It's a load of shite mate (tu)

They're still running with the 'could go bust' bullshit.

What we do know about Craig Whyte is he likes to dabble in the stock and shares according to some reports, so he likes to be a risk taker.

Any Business man likes to buy things low and sell high, it would make perfect sense for him to hold off see what's on the horizon and snap us up for pennies.

Of course that's if he can keep the blue tinted specs off.

Agree with what your saying mate, whats interesting is Muir has gone from MIH who Lloyds put in i'm not sure if he has left the Rangers Board yet but i would expect he will be. Lloyds happy this deals going through.

Agree with what your saying mate, whats interesting is Muir has gone from MIH who Lloyds put in i'm not sure if he has left the Rangers Board yet but i would expect he will be. Lloyds happy this deals going through.

Muir has split loyalties, to his employers and to the club. Once this is all over in time we might even look back and give some credit to our full board. On how they managed this tight balancing act for so long. But of course right

now as fans we only want to see success.

Of course Lloyds are happy for this deal to go through, cause in the long run they would continue to make money off a successful, healthy, Rangers. If we continue down this path with no takeover on the horizon everybody loses out.

This waiting around is painful. I generally avoid threads like this as basically i tend not to give a fuck about off the field matters, but this is mad

Could be worse, you could be one of the 120+ guests hoping and praying that this doesn't happen.

Taken straight from official RFC app news

Apologies if it's a repost

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS chairman Alastair Johnston believes Craig Whyte's prospective takeover of the club could go through within the next 48 hours.

In an exclusive interview with RangersTV the chairman has revealed that there have been a series of meetings with the Motherwell-born highly successful businessman.

He has described these meetings as positive and constructive where the issues of Mr Whyte's funding and ability for further investment were explored and discussed.

Of course Johnston's only aim is to secure the best possible future for the club but there certainly seems to be every chance that Rangers could have a new owner imminently.

He told Blues News: "I'm not prepared to speculate over whether the deal will go through but I'm pretty sure we will know within the next couple of days whether it will happen or not.

"We had a meeting yesterday and it was positive to the extent that Craig was very engaged. We had had several smaller prior meetings. A couple of weeks ago he met with Walter Smith and Martin Bain.

"When we were in Eindhoven a couple of weeks ago Walter and Martin gave a briefing to the directors in terms of the realities of where our squad is and the amount of money that we needed and the resources that we needed to apply.

"I suggested after that this would be good presentation for Craig to hear so we arranged that and it took place.

"After that we had a meeting between his people and our financial people to go into cash flow issues for the club because if this goes through the bank won't be there and someone needs to provide the credit facilities on an on-going basis.

"It's not just all about buying players and selling players.

"We had to have a full understanding that these facilities would be available to the club to rely on for our operations.

"And then yesterday we talked a lot more strategically about a lot of issues with respect to the validity of his funding and when the funding will apply so it was a constructive meeting.

"You have to keep in mind that we as Rangers Football Club are not party to the transaction that is being contemplated - that's between the buyer and the seller - and because of Murray Group's relationship with the bank, the bank are a tag-along on that one.

"But as far as the commodity at issue, which is Rangers Football Club, we have to impose ourselves as much as we can with respect to getting assurances about getting investment and about commitment to certain things and that, for the last couple of weeks, is what we have been engaged in doing.

"As I said we have had a series of meetings and I will probably still meet Craig further - maybe later today - to have a wrap-up meeting to see where we are.

"It's all really now about the impact of this transaction on the club and as the Rangers board that's the only thing that matters."

If the Whyte takeover does not happen then Johnston revealed that Rangers do have other irons in the fire - but not another prospective buyer.

He revealed: "If it doesn't go through then we have to deal with that when that happens. In these circumstances we do have other engagement opportunities which we would have to pursue, not necessarily with a new buyer, but there are other things we are going to have to pursue.

"The timing is not right with an HMRC tribunal coming up which is somewhat imposing with respect to getting people to invest in the club, so we are going to have to address the realities of that if that is the case."

Im new to this forum stuff, never really post usually just read the comments for any info etc, And no im not a taig if anyone doubts this i can pm u my seat details and i will happily meet u tmorow to prove this...Right with that out the way, my point is with all the bad press we recieve and no one defending this from the club, we are bound to have some pretty high profile supporters in that i mean lawyers/soliciters etc,basically what im saying is i am a painter and if they needed volunteers to paint ibrox i would happily give up some time for the love of my club. So with the amount of pish spouted about us recently why dont supporters in the high positions in our country not start fighting back against this bias one sided reporting. Basically what im saying is its time to take a stand against these bastards and somewhere in our fanbase there will be people that can do this...Look what one lawyer is doing for them they are bulletproof...If i was a politician u would have to shoot me to shut me up...Come on get involved and fight back...

Im new to this forum stuff, never really post usually just read the comments for any info etc, And no im not a taig if anyone doubts this i can pm u my seat details and i will happily meet u tmorow to prove this...Right with that out the way, my point is with all the bad press we recieve and no one defending this from the club, we are bound to have some pretty high profile supporters in that i mean lawyers/soliciters etc,basically what im saying is i am a painter and if they needed volunteers to paint ibrox i would happily give up some time for the love of my club. So with the amount of pish spouted about us recently why dont supporters in the high positions in our country not start fighting back against this bias one sided reporting. Basically what im saying is its time to take a stand against these bastards and somewhere in our fanbase there will be people that can do this...Look what one lawyer is doing for them they are bulletproof...If i was a politician u would have to shoot me to shut me up...Come on get involved and fight back...

couldnt agree more m8,

the sad fact is though, the media wont give time to any person wanting to defend rangers.

Go back tae sleep gogzy...We'll ring yer bell when real news coms to hand! (tu)

cheers mate, just give me a kick if i don't answer right away :P

on a side note, STV just reported that we are closer to 29 million in debt than 22 million. are thay just talking shite i assume?

“Speculation needs validation regarding where Rangers Football Club is concerned – be it David Murray telling me or the press telling me - as far as I am concerned,” Johnston said of the potential takeover.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/240598-rangers-chairman-expects-takeover-news-in-next-couple-of-days/

I'm glad AJ said this, SDM has to come out and say something.