Skelf

The Boxing News Thread

4 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Wilder v Ortiz confirmed for 3rd of March.

Caught doping, escapes a ban then gets a title shot. What an absolute joke 

21 hours ago, james_85 said:

Caught doping, escapes a ban then gets a title shot. What an absolute joke 

He was using drugs prescribed for high blood pressure and cleared by the WBC. Ortiz will be a big test for Wilder.

Just now, bluebell82 said:

He was using drugs prescribed for high blood pressure and cleared by the WBC. Ortiz will be a big test for Wilder.

He is a fucking cheat. Caught before and just caught using a drug that happened to be used for high blood pressure or can also be used as for doping. Cunt should be banned for good. Should be a decent fight tho as Oritz hits hard enough to cause Wilder problems

Joshua v Parker March 31  millennium stadium. 

I believe that's a tough fight that most will predict for AJ

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Joshua v Parker March 31  millennium stadium. 

I believe that's a tough fight that most will predict for AJ

It’s certainly a step up in class than the likes of Martin, Breazeale, Molina and Takkam who Parker beat. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went to points.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:00, B1872 said:

It’s certainly a step up in class than the likes of Martin, Breazeale, Molina and Takkam who Parker beat. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went to points.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:00, B1872 said:

Not a step up from Klitschko though.  Big step up for Parker and his deluded promoter.

Usyk v briedis semi final for the boxing super series free on itv box office.  Just about to start

9 hours ago, james_85 said:

Usyk v briedis semi final for the boxing super series free on itv box office.  Just about to start

A friend just messaged me to say I have to watch it, it was unreal. 

I wonder what fuckery they'll pull to cram a third match out of those two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I wonder what fuckery they'll pull to cram a third match out of those two. 

Bomb scare in round 12.

• Like 1

Amir Khan's pre-fight press conference with Phil Lo Greco was temporarily halted after a scuffle broke out between the fighters.

Both fighters were present at the Hilton Hotel in Liverpool ahead of Khan's highly-anticipated return to boxing at the Echo Arena, Liverpool, on April 21, live on Sky Sports.

? #KhanLoGrego Presser erupts after the Canadian launches a personal attack on Khan #BackToBusiness pic.twitter.com/MzaEaZVQtf

— Matchroom Boxing (@MatchroomBoxing) January 30, 2018

The pair traded insults in the early stages, but it reached a climax when the Canadian made comments about Khan's wife and family, with the former world champion appearing to throw a glass of water over the 'Italian Sensation'.

Each of the fighters' entourages had to be separated by the security team as tempers frayed, with undercard fighters Sean Dodd and Tommy Coyle - dressed as Batman and Superman - attempting to separate both parties.

You couldn’t make it up! ?

Batman (@SeanMasher) & Superman (@TommyCoyle89) help bring calm to the situation! 

Mad few minutes as order is restored... #KhanLoGreco#BackToBusiness pic.twitter.com/OKlwPZvzOk

— Matchroom Boxing (@MatchroomBoxing) January 30, 2018

There was bad blood between the fighters before the conference after Lo Greco started a war of words on social media.

Khan, who has spent two years out of the ring, has signed a three-fight deal with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom boxing with the 31-year-old still holding ambitions of regaining a world title at welterweight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King_gazza said:

I've just watched the press conference and Khan flipped when Lo Greco said you lost to Canelo, lost your family and then tweeted the heavyweight champion of the world to say he could have your leftovers :lol: 

5 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I've just watched the press conference and Khan flipped when Lo Greco said you lost to Canelo, lost your family and then tweeted the heavyweight champion of the world to say he could have your leftovers :lol: 

Talk about a low blow :lol:

Khan hasn't been the same since his win over Devon Alexander imo.

Bought tickets to see Josh Taylor against Soto, looking forward to seeing him live.

Eubank v Groves this weekend is gonna be a cracker 

If Eubank is the real deal he wins if not Groves will beat him.

For me its Groves if he doesn't gas towards the end of the fight 

I think work rate will win this for Eubank.

• Like 2

Crazy that theres only 6 months difference in age and Groves has only had 3 fights more than Eubank. 

12 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think work rate will win this for Eubank.

If groves establishes his jab early I think he will out box Eubank. This fight will tell everyone if Eubank is the real deal. Groves might not be the fighter he once was but still punches very hard be interesting to see how Eubank handles the body shots and being the smaller man

On 14/02/2018 at 08:39, KingKirk said:

If groves establishes his jab early I think he will out box Eubank. This fight will tell everyone if Eubank is the real deal. Groves might not be the fighter he once was but still punches very hard be interesting to see how Eubank handles the body shots and being the smaller man

Agree,if Groves can get his jab going he can dictate the early stages of the fight.

My only concern is, if Groves tires late on because Eubank can be relentless. 

Hope Groves does a number on him.

Should be a cracker though ! ?

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 00:03, KingKirk said:

Eubank v Groves this weekend is gonna be a cracker 

If Eubank is the real deal he wins if not Groves will beat him.

For me its Groves if he doesn't gas towards the end of the fight 

That's a very bold prediction.

Groves is tidy odds for this weekend, don't understand how Eubank is favourite.

I like Groves but Eubank jr owned him at the press conference. Groves was flapping like fuck with the suit comments. ?

• Like 1