Boxing and MMA

Silva is done.   He lost that on points IMO, the judged got it spot on.  I gave him 1,2 and 4.

The definiing moment in the fight should never have happened.  Herb noticed the mouthpiece fall out, bend down to pick it up, and then change his mind.  He should have called time as soon as he seen the mouthguard come out.   If herb had done his job, then Bisbig doesn't take that huge knee to the face, which caused all the damage that he sturggled to recover from.

A pretty ordinary fighter in Bisbig made Silva look equally as ordinary, so i say again, Silva is done.  I doubt he fights again in the UFC after this contract runs out. 

Delighted with the result and the fight went exactly as I thought and predicted. As an added bonus I had £30 on Frampton to win on points to add to my £10 winning football quad from Saturday afternoon, good days work.

Frampton controlled the fight for 6 rounds and then slowed slightly and Quigg stepped it up as was always gonna happen. Frampton had to dig deep in the last part of the fight but again against another world champion that wasn't a surprise. Frampton again showed great experience by ensuring he won and controlled the last round.

I only care that he won and shut those pricks Gallagher and Hearn up. Well done Jackal.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Silva is done.   He lost that on points IMO, the judged got it spot on.  I gave him 1,2 and 4.

The definiing moment in the fight should never have happened.  Herb noticed the mouthpiece fall out, bend down to pick it up, and then change his mind.  He should have called time as soon as he seen the mouthguard come out.   If herb had done his job, then Bisbig doesn't take that huge knee to the face, which caused all the damage that he sturggled to recover from.

A pretty ordinary fighter in Bisbig made Silva look equally as ordinary, so i say again, Silva is done.  I doubt he fights again in the UFC after this contract runs out. 

Breaks my heart, but agree with all of this. 

7 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

I don't know if it was the adrenaline dump from thinking he won because it looked like Silva gassed in the last few rounds.

I honestly thought it was a draw, but perhaps Silva being inactive for so many rounds cost him the fight.

a draw,  which round did you have as a draw,  3?   I don't think a draw would have been a terrible result tbh.

32 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

I've just seen the highlights on SSN and had to rewind it to check if it was Lafferty, fuck is he doing in the ring, cunt.:lol:

Because he plays for Norn Iron, as does Josh Magennis, Gareth McAuley and Stuart Dallas, who were all also with Carl last night. 

Our wee Country!!!

do cyclone promotion currently have a tv deal. Or are they just gonna jump from platform to platform. Last fight I seen of Frampton was on ITV. Surely it would be criminal if his fights don't get shown live more often. Hopefully sky can start showing more of them

On 28/02/2016 at 0:51 AM, gogzy said:

He shouldn't have fought again after Weidman dethroned him, his head wasn't right before that fight and a documentary I seen leading up to that match shows that he was missing his kids and promoting the fight was secondary. He was rightfully smacked down in that fight for his arrogance and IIRC he didn't even want the belt back after that loss.

He was the reason I heavily got into the UFC so it pains me watching him put in performances like that, he's cheating everyone by fighting on though when he clearly has lost that spark for it.

I agree regarding the ref, Bisping should never have turned round and tried to debate it in the middle of a round but the look on Herb's face shows that he knows he kinda fucked that up.

1 minute ago, Polo said:

Didn't realise Diego was on the card. Has he ever been stopped? Maybe for cuts? Miller is a submission beast though (tu)

Nearly every fight I have seen him in has ended up with him on someones back choking them out :lol: