Broxi1872

WTF? The deadline's Monday, not Thursday:

18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a) 20 June 2011 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;

b) 8 July 2011 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;

c) 22 July 2011 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;

d) 8 August 2011 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-off round;

e) 1 September 2011 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first

match in the group stage up to and including the final.

Hopefully the club are aware of this

It will be same as the Malmo game, name squad on Monday but have to thursday to name one further player

This boys a decent player, was doing well with roar over in oz but i remember him being shipped out on loan, cant remeber who to though. Decent standard of player in oz these days.

China

he is unique in the sense that he has blossomed late..he only really became a socceroo at 27, but since asian cup and world cup, he is a regular starter, and one of our best...not to mention he captained a side that went undefeated in the a-league for a stupid amount of games...

Matty Mckay will be a fans fav if we get him.

He can play intelligent football and is an excellent passer. Mainly a short game with great movement off the ball. Unbelievable work rate and I can easlly see him and Davis playing well together.

He is very strong for a smallish guy and wont hold back at all. He is a forst choice starter for the Aussie NT.

Main weakness is he is ofet criticized for not scoring enough

Id take him, could well turn out to be a star for us if the Aussies here are anything to go by.

Cant imagine it being a big fee as well if hes in the A-League. Maybe £500k tops?

I watch the A-League highlights every week and the odd live game on TV and have often wondered why Matt McKay hadn't got a move to a European football, a stand out player in the A-League technically very good with a good engine, whilst its hard to judge the different standards of the SPL & A-League, i don't seee no reason why he couldn't do well for Rangers.

really? So, rather a shit player that costs over the odds, than a cheaper one that is good?

Maybe am reading that wrong but, makes no sense to me.

By pedigree, i mean their standing or history in the game

Of course you may sign someone with no pedigree who ends up being great, but a 28 year old still playing in the Australian league? I'm not exactly creaming with excitement

hey guys im an aussie and i just thought id give yall a fair description of the guy

matty has a massive engine and will never stop running, ever. but hes not just a headless chook either

hes very technically gifted and benefits from his low centre of gravity and quick accelaration. hes especially good in transition and is always intelligent with the ball. he is very creative in the final third.

yes he is small, but hes played against some lumbering physical ogres who just hack him all day long in the a-league for a long time, he is used to it.

mckay is not young, but hes not exactly old either. hes playing at a level currently which makes him a starting XI player for our national team, often getting into the starting side ahead of more established european players that play in the EPL, continental europe and the championship

you guys shouldnt expect mckay to single handedly change things but hes a very good player and will be very cheap and will bring a lot to your team through his versatility, work ethic and technical ability

weaknesses? of course he has some, hes very poor in the air and although he doesnt win 1v1 duels very often like youd expect from a defensive midfielder, his athletic presence allows him to make up a lot of ground in the defensive third of the pitch. he is very rarely wrong footed and if hes partnered next to a more defensive minded midfielder, they could flourish. another weakness is that for all his work he doesnt always score enough goals. but he obviously brings other qualities

hope i helped

The best Australian players have usually ended up in Europe before too long, he's 28 and hasn't left there yet which indicates his talent hasn't caught the eye of too many.

But it would be unfair to judge him on that right now, could end up being a good player for us if he signs. Least we're still going after midfielders!

So are we basing his ability, without actually having seen him play, based on what league he plays in?

Odd, but fair enough.

Seems a reasonable enough reaction to me given he's 29 in January and playing in a league worse than the SPL

Maybe he just has no ambition

mckay has been on loan twice in his time at brisbane, once to korea and the other to china. not because hes been "shipped" out at all, but because the a-league season is very short and they want to keep match fit so they go on loan overseas during the a-league offseason which is 5 months long

indeed, the a-league as a competition is hard to gauge. we dont have a great league but its improving. its not as good as the spl however there are individual players that are good enough to play in europe and regularly move over. mckay could make the move too