***The Official Forres Mechanics v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

Alexander

Faure Perry Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton MacLeod Aird

Crawford

McCulloch

Subs: Gallacher, Argyriou, Stella, C.Gallagher, Naismith.

:craphead:

Team should still be buzzing after that game last night! The fall in atmosphere and stadium size may cause some discomfort but the players know what to do, I'm going for a first 6+ goals for us tomorrow!

Forres Mechanics 0-6 Rangers (McCulloch(3), MacLeod, McKay, Aird) :21::beer1:

Argyriou should not lose his place

On any given day we should have more than enough to win this comfortably but on their pitch against effectively Junior standard players it may be a bit of a battle. This is where I would be inclined to bring in Kyle and maybe protect one or two of the younger trickier players like Aird and Mckay. I have been banging on about width and fluency but with such a small squad this may be the opportunity to utilize some of the others like Naismith, Stella etc..

Hopefully Rangers TV has a stream up for it

If Shiels is ok I'd stick with the same line-up as the other night, with Jig up top and Hutton in the middle obviously. If Shiels is touch and go I probably wouldn't risk him and go with McKay instead.

I have a mate from Forres (doesn't still live there though) and he knows a few of the boys in the team, majority big Rangers fans apparently.21.gif

I simply cant wait for this game even although Im getting stick from the other half as its our 24th wedding anniversary :lol: Give us the same performance as Wednessday and I will be delighted.

I dont think they will just be there to make up the numbers tho.

C'mon the Gers :21:

So many players deserve to start this game after last night. If Shiels and Black both miss out, I'd like:

Alexander

Faure Perry Cribari Wallace

Mcleod Hutton

Argyriou ___ McKay ___ Aird

McCulloch

I said the other day I didn't want to rush Aird into the starting line up after the Montrose game. But last night showed he's more than capable. Just think when we've got Mckay, Shiels, Aird and Templeton to fight for places.

I'd agree with this but I've a feeling Ally might go with Crawford instead of McKay or Aird, if Shiels doesn't make it.

Add Little to that line up behind the striker and we'll finally be giving young attacking players games and confidence :)

Asumming the following injuries (Little, Templeton, Black, Sandaza, Shiels) I'd go with

Alexander

Argyriou....Perry....Cribari....Wallace

Hutton....Macleod

Crawford

McKay......McCulloch......Aird

Go straight at them from the off and go for goals. It can always be changed to a standard 4-4-2

Alexander

Argyriou....Perry....Cribari....Wallace

Macleod....Hutton....Crawford....Aird

McKay......McCulloch

And if Stella is on the bench, he can always come on next to Jig if young McKay fades out the game.

anyone on here lucky enough to have a ticket for this?

A story in the paper made me smile entitled

Demand for cup tickets is pie-high by Charles Gall.

Fans hungry for tickets for Forre's biggest cup tie are scoffing scotch pies.

Baker Lewis Maclean is giving supporters the chance to win a coveted £15 brief by spending a pound on a pie.

The 47-year-old decided to put put six tickets up for grabs after the last 400 for tomorrow's Mosset Park showdown with Rangers were snapped up in less than 10 mins.

Lewis, of Mcleans Highland Bakery in the town, said "with the game being a sell-out i knew there'd be a huge demand"

"for the three days up to match day i've been hiding two winning tickets inside two pies"

"we've increased our pie run to 500 a day"

Fans of Forres Mechanics, nicknamed the cans, will take up two-thirds of the increased 2751 capacity at Mosset Park.

But club official say they could have sold 10 times that amount.

Reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory with the golden tickets, hope a bears lucky enough to win one. :D

This will be a tricky game. Forres will have saw our away form and although won't expect to beat us, they will certainly be no pushovers.

A performance like Wednesdays second half is a must.

I agree (tu)

Ideally, if Hutton and Mcleod can play centre midfield together it has such a good balance to it. Loads of movement and nice crisp passining making it much easier for Aird, Mckay, Shiels or whoever plays to influence the game.

I think Aird has potential, but I still think he's too raw. A great talent but, if not nurtured properly he could end up like Wylde who's all pace and no ability. Aird looks to have a better football brain mind you and he's still young, so I hope it clicks for him.

Regardless of the team - I expect more of the same - quick slick passing with movement and drive as well getting in Forres faces.