***The Official Queen of the South v Rangers thread***

Captain Hilts

Lots of differing views on that game I see! :) I'm the same myself. Other than the first 10 minutes, we never really looked in that much danger. We started very slow, and it looked like the players were worried about getting an injury from that pitch. Ice skates would have been more appropriate!

Lots of plus points, so I'll start with them. 3 goals from set pieces....how often does that happen for us? Great delivery from our midfield at last! That shot from Daly in the first half was outrageous!! So unlucky with that one. Could also have had screamers from Law & Peralta in the first half and been out of sight at half time! Mohsni looks an absolute diamond! Did he even miss a header all night? I thought he also did superbly for their first penalty claim. Presence of mind to keep his arm tucked in and not move it towards the ball.

Second half we looked much more in command. Little had some great touches & runs too. Not bad from an 'inferior' payer! :rolleyes: Thought he was a decent shout for MOTM for us, just behind Mohsni! I didn't really think that the combination of Wallace & Smith worked that well. Not that they played badly, but it just didn't gel. Smith ha shown before he can play wide left, but on that performance, I'd rather have gone with Aird or Templeton tbh! Obviously we got a couple of goals after they went down to 10, but I thought it was only a matter of time before we scored again. Clark WOULD have scored had he been given more time. That move between him & Daly was superb and so unlucky the defender managed to block it.

That said, I still think there's a few thing that worry me. Ally's choice of substitutions at times baffle me. Faure for Peralta? Hasn't Faure been CB all season long & done well there? He was our most defensive sub I guess, but still baffled me. Surely we could have gone 4-4-2 for the rest of that game? Also, the respect we show some teams sometimes is ridiculous. For large parts of that first half we had 1 up top.....shocking! We need to learn to start pushing defences back, not invite them forward!

Also hate seeing our centre backs just pass the ball back to the keeper or hammer it hopefully down the line. A couple of times Foster had acres of space to look inside & pick a pass, but passed it back for Bell to hoof it up to no one.

Most important fact I took from that game tonight......just how much we have progressed in 12 months. Last season they took us all the way & beat us on penalties, at Ibrox! This season we're making small, but relevant 'complaints' after beating them comfortably at Palmerston Park with what looks to be a far superior squad than last season! :)

Fuck sakes. What a ridiculously long post at this time on a school night, and everyone's away to bed!!! doh!

Ffs .Its very least we expect when we have spent as much as us on wages for top players, its being organised .If anyone says anything negative , your on them like a flash but using this as a example of improvement to feel justified is tosh mate .Im looking for a massive improvement on the entertainment and the choice of first 11 and where the players are being played .At this moment it's the least we should be expecting considering the opposition .Im perfectly happy but your ultra positiveness is bit rich sometimes .

You could do so much better if you are intent on moaning like a bitch about us winning every week and scoring a barrowload of goals.

Were the shirts ironed properly? How are the players haircuts? I head Durrant had an untied shoelace. Is it true that someone dropped a mars wrapper (when leaving the team bus) and didn't pick it up and safely deposit it in a waste bin?

And can it really be true that Craig Mather only stands and applauds when we score and isn't screaming: 'Fuck the pope!'?

It's just not good enough...

Was interested to hear that we will be installing a 5th genration 3g pitch, initially thought interesting WIFI from the pitch, then found out it's for training at Auchenhowie. The team needs the time on these pitches as more and more teams install them. Not needed at Ibrox of course but some of these teams have pitches that look like public parks

Was interested to hear that we will be installing a 5th genration 3g pitch, initially thought interesting WIFI from the pitch, then found out it's for training at Auchenhowie. The team needs the time on these pitches as more and more teams install them. Not needed at Ibrox of course but some of these teams have pitches that look like public parks

Will we definitely be training on it at Auchenhowie? I remember last season Ally saying we don't use the current artificial pitches there due to injury concerns (remember Temps wrecking his ankle at Annan last year). How much better is the 5th Gen 3G pitch?

rangers subs, hey but daly still on, is this a rangers anti bigotry/sectarian pr exercise to appease the scottish people,we are not sectarian, really cant understand why daly gets a game tbh

:thumbup: qots down 2 ten, law fires 1 in bounces af daly, aye al get ma sash on, bye :pipe:

Got to be a raging Tim.