Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

surely we have another right back, even a young boy that can fill in for one game

shoe horning a centre half there does absolutely nothing for us, as it showed

we arent the team of superstars pre admin, we scraped the bottom of the barrel at times, these guys can barely play well consistently in their natural positions nevermind playing out of position

thats 6 pre season friendlies now, and ally seemingly doesnt know his ideal starting 11, formation to play, and style of play he wants, that effectively makes pre season a pointless fitness exercise, we could have had the guys running around bellahouston park and saved an absolute fortune in travel costs

Well I did say in a previous thread we could have brought the whole squad down but got shot down for it :)

By the way Foster did travel down he picked up an injury whilst down South in training.

Every single player from big Jocks 70s team would piss all over the current team!

Yep, and were probably a more cohesive unit than most teams in our recent history (rather than greater players, though many were exceptional). I believe the teamwork and character and commitment of Wallace and those sides helped create our success then.

Teamwork, discipline and some commitment seem to be lacking a bit more nowadays. Almost all of that team were great characters, on and off the pitch, many giving truth to the "Rangers Men" label which seldom applies today, and they combined so well together on the park.

surely we have another right back, even a young boy that can fill in for one game

shoe horning a centre half there does absolutely nothing for us, as it showed

we arent the team of superstars pre admin, we scraped the bottom of the barrel at times, these guys can barely play well consistently in their natural positions nevermind playing out of position

thats 6 pre season friendlies now, and ally seemingly doesnt know his ideal starting 11, formation to play, and style of play he wants, that effectively makes pre season a pointless fitness exercise, we could have had the guys running around bellahouston park and saved an absolute fortune in travel costs

We have, McAusland who keeps getting sent out on loan. Ally obviously prefers to CBs in that position: Faure, Perry, McGregor etc.

True Funny Story: Was in a pub in Manchester after the Derby game and a local guy at the bar asked me about our left winger who had returned to the club. Miller I said, No he's a striker. Boyd, no he's a centre forward. Then it transpired he was talking about Jig, who he had followed at Wigan. Glad Ally wasn't in the bar!

To be fair though the team is worth nowhere near that in terms of quality. Due to lack of investment we have been forced to rely on free transfers ever since we were relegated to the third division. Most of which we had to offer a high wage to give them an incentive to play in the third tier of Scottish football.

Despite this we won the third division by 20 odd points and finished League Two unbeaten.

The games against Dundee United we simply came up against a team who had better players at the time and were playing Premier League opposition week in week out while we weren't being tested most weeks.

The Raith and Forfar defeats I admit there is absolutely no excuses for losing those games, but in cup ties these things happen.

This is the season I will make my judgement on Ally. We are playing in what will be a competitive league this year, therefore will have to play at a higher standard every week, meaning we should be better prepared for facing SPL sides in the cups. We have good competition for places in most positions in the team so the players should be motivated to play well and fight for their place.

If this isn't the case then I too will want Ally out but I think he deserves a chance this season.

The manager disagrees completely. He thinks they are worth every penny.

Pre-season results mean nothing Jim.

I dont really care if Ally gets a crack at winning the Premiership or not, i only care about winning this league for now. If Ally is deemed good enough he will get a shot at the Prem, if not he wont.

Once we get to the top league it will also offer us the opportunity of entising a better class of manager, not your Butchers, McCalls etc.

Well I did say in a previous thread we could have brought the whole squad down but got shot down for it :)

should have i agree, at the very least you travel with one person for every position, ally must have known that both his right backs were injured, and didnt bother looking to bring down another one

should have i agree, at the very least you travel with one person for every position, ally must have known that both his right backs were injured, and didnt bother looking to bring down another one

Guess you didn't see the edit lol, Foster travelled picked up the injury before the game.

So they didn't have a party afterwards? Or is it only Rangers who should be criticised for it?

Why would we criticise them for it? That's up to Dutch fans who follow them half way around the world and back.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say your reasoning will be that we are not the only team who've lost a game and had a party afterwards even though the support would be gutted at the result and perturbed by the party taking place?

My answer to that would be short: Fuck how other teams conduct their business. We are Rangers.

Pre-season results mean nothing Jim.

I dont really care if Ally gets a crack at winning the Premiership or not, i only care about winning this league. If Ally is deemed good enough he will get a shot at the Prem, if not he wont.

Once we get to the top league it will also offer us the opportunity if entising a better class of manager, not your Butchers, McCalls etc.

what better class of manager is that then, we tried the wee dick dutch route, and that required a fortune, we tried the PLG revamping of the club style, and look at how the scottish contingent took to it

The fact is guys like mccall and mcinnes might just need a break like this to show their actual worth as a gaffer, by fuck mcinnes managed to win a domestic cup with the sheep in less than a season, our current gaffer canny even win the fucking ramsdens cup with a full squad

When did he say that?

I think it's more the case that he was limited to the player that he could bring in.

What a shame eh. Having to compete for 2 years against part time and semi pros and only having a pool of mid table SPL players to pick from.

Jesus wept.

Mccoist has continually back his players and defended signing them. He must think they are worth the money or else why bother.

what better class of manager is that then, we tried the wee dick dutch route, and that required a fortune, we tried the PLG revamping of the club style, and look at how the scottish contingent took to it

The fact is guys like mccall and mcinnes might just need a break like this to show their actual worth as a gaffer, by fuck mcinnes managed to win a domestic cup with the sheep in less than a season, our current gaffer canny even win the fucking ramsdens cup with a full squad

McInnes domestic cup win amounted to a draw against part time alloa and 3 wins and McCall just got horsed out of Europe by a bunch of part timers who's will have been working all week.

At some point the vast majority will reach a tipping point and it wont be nice , Ally the player will always be a legend but he is no manager , the long term good of the club must be the boards only thought but off field issues should not distract them from the dross that is getting served up , not one of the preseason games showed us anything , players out of position , lack of movement etc etc , its the same old issues that just aren't being addressed , and please save me the "the only thing that's important is promotion", thats bullshit

McInnes domestic cup win amounted to a draw against part time alloa and 3 wins and McCall just got horsed out of Europe by a bunch of part timers who's will have been working all week.

mcinnes domestic cup win still beat better teams than ally has failed against in the ramsdens cup

mccall got horsed off of part timers who worked all week, kinda reminds me of someone else in charge of a certain club called Rangers

remember eck once got relegated before coming to us, yet he managed to punch well above his weight when given our gaffers job

What a shame eh. Having to compete for 2 years against part time and semi pros and only having a pool of mid table SPL players to pick from.

Jesus wept.

Mccoist has continually back his players and defended signing them. He must think they are worth the money or else why bother.

It's a managers job to back his players in interviews/press conferences.

Why do folk say he should be given a chance this season ?

2 seasons gone without progress footballing wise, just the same turgid shite with the same players, game after game.

If he continues to play the same rancid football, then that's an opportunity gone with us stuck in the Championship for another season. This will also cost us financially, which we are not in a position to accept.

Get the blinkers off, he is, as a manager, crap.

The biggest loser in this whole affair will be OUR beloved Club.

mcinnes domestic cup win still beat better teams than ally has failed against in the ramsdens cup

mccall got horsed off of part timers who worked all week, kinda reminds me of someone else in charge of a certain club called Rangers

remember eck once got relegated before coming to us, yet he managed to punch well above his weight when given our gaffers job

It was actually 3 wins and two draws (won both on PKs) one of the sides McInnes knocked out was one we knocked out of the Ramsdens that season (Falkirk) and one we beat in the league cup the year before (Motherwell) and the third (St Johnstone) we haven't played since the SPL (where McCoist had an unbeaten record against them)

McLeish punched above his weight? He had the second biggest budget in the country before qualifying for the last 16 of the CL with the lowest points total of any side ever. Bu aye, punched above his weight...

I don't think Ally is the man for the job anymore, the personal insults are however embarrassing.

What worries me most about Ally is he seems happy with the level of performance and the style of football.

Were he to acknowledge that there was a long way to go and that performances from last year would not be acceptable I could at least hope something will change.

You can bet for every fan who thinks player A should get a game there's another who will think he's absolutely useless. For every fan who wants 4-4-2 there's another who wants to play 4-5-1 or 3-4-3....

It was actually 3 wins and two draws (won both on PKs) one of the sides McInnes knocked out was one we knocked out of the Ramsdens that season (Falkirk) and one we beat in the league cup the year before (Motherwell) and the third (St Johnstone) we haven't played since the SPL (where McCoist had an unbeaten record against them)

did mcinnes win a domestic up, has ally won one yet?

McLeish punched above his weight? He had the second biggest budget in the country before qualifying for the last 16 of the CL with the lowest points total of any side ever. Bu aye, punched above his weight...

ally had the second highest wage budget in 2011, ally has STILL the second highest wage budget in the country

remind me how ally got on in europe and list his domestic successes again? shouldnt take you too long tbh, incase you have forgotten ecks

he won the SPL twice

The scottish cup twice

The league cup 3 times

the champions league group stages twice

the uefa cup group stage once

the champions league last 16 once

pretty impressive for a gaffer that was relegated with hibs and failed to do much with motherwell