Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

There's a Bill Struth quote that springs to mind here. I won't quote it, just in case some posters feel I'm insulting their intelligence again..

Tell the wankers that use the name of the great man, who are willing to starve the club of income. about intelligence. I can imagine what quote the great man would have used for that lot.

Oh a professional taking a wage is a parasite - perhaps we should alwAys have been an amateur club ! One day, wether Ally makes it or not, I hope you come to your senses and realise just how bitter, uncalled for, and unreasonable calling our manager that is and hang your head in shame!

Did you call him "professional"?

Are you taking the piss?

A professional would have some sense of self-worth, pride and not be happy doing just enough to get by.

He is a disgrace and any goodwill earned through a great career as a player is being eroded as he continues to draw a very good salary while being utterly useless.

However, he is not the problem. Clearly McCoist has no self-respect and Wallace needs to stop this charade as soon as possible. Sadly, he has the backbone of a jellyfish - so we have a man needing the bullet and his boss too weak to act.

God help us.

Everything in our glorious and occasionally inglorious history is important. It made us what we are today. Get the impression some fans have forgotten or ignored our glorious history in past few years and become almost self loathing of being a Gers fan. We will rise to the greater level again, for that is the standard we set. Too many posters seem to (rightly) loathe where we are today, but (wrongly) forget the external circumstances that influenced that so much. Sack the manager, maybe, but don't forget Ally stood like a rock for us in our worst moments.

Hate that some of our current fans are apparently losing sight of our traditions and achievement. It's the rock we stand on and have survived on, especially in our recent adversities.

Well said.

Many should maybe take a step back and think...

Did you call him "professional"?

Are you taking the piss?

A professional would have some sense of self-worth, pride and not be happy doing just enough to get by.

He is a disgrace and any goodwill earned through a great career as a player is being eroded as he continues to draw a very good salary while being utterly useless.

However, he is not the problem. Clearly McCoist has no self-respect and Wallace needs to stop this charade as soon as possible. Sadly, he has the backbone of a jellyfish - so we have a man needing the bullet and his boss too weak to act.

God help us.

Even if Wallace wanted to sack him he couldn't. His compo package is massive IIRC

Who would you have signed?

Thats a stupid question. It would depend on who is available. People will ultimately judge signings on the wage they receive. If were paying guys £10k a week, we expect alot better in a part time league.

Even if Wallace wanted to sack him he couldn't. His compo package is massive IIRC

Heard this line before - didn't buy it then, don't buy it now.

There is a cost attached to NOT sacking him remember.

McCoist would compromise and be amenable to reaching an agreement (i.e. not the full entitlement) on the basis he would not want to be seen as a money-grabber or yet another lining his pockets - this "cost of removing him" argument is a red herring.

We cannot wait until we are struggling before we act.

Wallace is as incompetent as McCoist and that's saying something.

I don't think everyone who wants Ally out the door hates him. I have read some vile comments on here about him, parasite springs to mind. They can be personal and pretty vicious and seem like those people hate him, I have no idea why they would get to that stage with the guy.

Whilst I dont agree with the personal abuse aimed at the man, to say I don't understand why some supporters me have been taken to the point of calling him a "parasite" would be disingenuous. When you consider the names aimed at the like of Green and Ahmed and the reasons for it, ie the money they took for next to hee haw, it is no surprise that some look at the money Ally has made as manager and the way they perceive that he handled the issues surrounding his salary and come to view him in the same light.

Rightly or wrongly, they are not just randomly coming to this conclusion and abusing the man.

Tell the wankers that use the name of the great man, who are willing to starve the club of income. about intelligence. I can imagine what quote the great man would have used for that lot.

I'm sure you'll know that even Struth wasn't one to shy away from trying to force boardroom change when he believed it was necessary.

38 pages because of a friendly loss. I despair.

Nothing to do with yesterday.

Try "years of under-performing", "failure to plan" and "pissing a golden opportunity against a wall" for starters.

Oh, and "tactically useless", "unable to adapt" and "prone to playing players in the wrong position"

Whilst I dont agree with the personal abuse aimed at the man, to say I don't understand why some supporters me have been taken to the point of calling him a "parasite" would be disingenuous. When you consider the names aimed at the like of Green and Ahmed and the reasons for it, ie the money they took for next to hee haw, it is no surprise that some look at the money Ally has made as manager and the way they perceive that he handled the issues surrounding his salary and come to view him in the same light.

Rightly or wrongly, they are not just randomly coming to this conclusion and abusing the man.

But I do think you can probably assume that if they have reached that stage with him, that they hate him. They are seeing him as being against the best interests of the club, and anyone who backs him in the same light. I honestly find this whole thread just sad.

I couldn't believe it either, but I don't think the manager would have the authority to approve the contract offer. He'd merely ask for player "A" and leave the signing and contract negotiation to others. That said, I did question the signing of Kyle at the time!

Well since you've interjected the subject of Kyle, let me remind you that whilst Rangers legends, both on the playing side and coaching side, were accepting wildly inflated salaries a mere 3 months after being in administration a self confessed C*ltic supporter joined our club for much much less money after turning down a similarly ridiculous contract.

Now tell me, given the above is it not reasonable for people to be seriously pissed not just with Mccoist but certain others as well.

I'm sure you'll know that even Struth wasn't one to shy away from trying to force boardroom change when he believed it was necessary.

Using factual evidence and no small amount of reason and sanity.

Do you honestly believe that applies to the current push for boardroom change, particularly since November of last year?

Nothing to do with yesterday.

Try "years of under-performing", "failure to plan" and "pissing a golden opportunity against a wall" for starters.

Oh, and "tactically useless", "unable to adapt" and "prone to playing players in the wrong position"

Just a coincidence the thread was made yesterday after a friendly defeat then, eh?

Thats a stupid question. It would depend on who is available. People will ultimately judge signings on the wage they receive. If were paying guys £10k a week, we expect alot better in a part time league.

That's a stupid answer. We had to offer average players stupid money to tempt them to ply their trade in lower league Scottish football. You don't get much better (result wise) than we got last season and you'd have taken that at the start of the season, I'm sure.