*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Are you trying to tell us that Davie Weir has not been chirping in Warburton's ear telling him all about the club, its history, traditions and expectations?

Warburton also ran the NextGen series youth tournament, and is very well connected. This leads me to believe that he will have contacts not just in Scotland, but all over Europe and beyond. These contacts could be vital to us getting some very talented players in.

No I am not trying to suggest that David Weir will not have told Warburton all about the club and its history,traditions and expectations but it's one thing being told what it is like and another thing entirely to have to actually live it and deal with it...

I could sit down and chat with Bear Grylls all day every day for a week and listen to him telling me how difficult it was to walk 400 miles through the Amazon jungle having only a compass and a Swiss army knife and I'd understand it was difficult, but it have no real idea how difficult until I tried it for myself...

That's the point I'm trying to make..

There are loads of times in the past when players have come to us and a few weeks later come out with " I knew this was a big club but i had no idea how big" etcetera ...

That's just my take on it...

I'm still not necessarily saying Stuart McCall is the best man for the job I'm just saying that I think he may not be that bad...

if that's who we want(McInnes) then well just need to pay it.. I don't get what the hold up is with Warburton offer him your best package if he takes it good if not move on. I really don't think they want him as manager or they would've moved now.. Out of the rest McInnes is the next best option imo

What hold up? It is not yet 2 weeks since our last game.

My local amateur club took 3 weeks to compete the process and still opted for someone in house. These things can't be hurried, not if you want the right person.

What hold up? It is not yet 2 weeks since our last game.

My local amateur club took 3 weeks to compete the process and still opted for someone in house. These things can't be hurried, not if you want the right person.

point is if they want Warburton go and get him now like yesterday why wait if that's who you want 100% that's why I now think they'll go after McInnes

point is if they want Warburton go and get him now like yesterday why wait if that's who you want 100% that's why I now think they'll go after McInnes

You could flip that logic completly on it's head.

If McInnes was our top target why would Aberdeen want to drag the negotiations out and why has there been no talk about compensation discussions between the clubs? Surely they would want it done and dusted so they can start work on getting a replacement in?

If anything the length of time it's taking suggests me to that it's somebody not in a job and negotiations are taking a while because they have to weigh up the offer and any other options which might be on the table prior to accepting the offer.

You could flip that logic completly on it's head.

If McInnes was our top target why would Aberdeen want to drag the negotiations out and why has there been no talk about compensation discussions between the clubs? Surely they would want it done and dusted so they can start work on getting a replacement in?

If anything the length of time it's taking suggests me to that it's somebody not in a job and negotiations are taking a while because they have to weigh up the offer and any other options which might be on the table prior to accepting the offer.

Exactly, sadly I'm beginning to think it's actually Stuart McCall ... Seems the most logical when exploring the other options and perhaps why we haven't moved already.

Earlier poster suggested that if they have players in mind one may assume the most recent manager (McCall) was involved in that process and also wait till after the qualifiers are out the way; nothing to do with McCall being the cheapest option all round.

If we miss out on Warburton I will be seriously disappointed - was more than happy to trust Dave King (cautiously of course) in this process and give him time to do the right thing, he has made promises that are weak and leaves them open to an easy exit/back tracking for him and his staff. Transparency and trust will be completely jeapodiersied if he does not deliver next week as he has 'promised'.

Stevie Wonder can see that he is the best candidate given our current circumstances and Dave King will be viewed everybit of a shyster than every one of his former chairmans/charlatans

Warburton is just one on the list. They may not be 100% sure about him. They may want to speak to other people before deciding on him. Maybe they are split between more than one candidate?

I don't know but they have said they will appoint someone by Friday and that to my mind is brisk work.

I think he may well take the job but From what bits I've heard those odds aren't reflective of where the potential deal is .

if they board want him I think they should just offer him the best package we can afford on a take or leave it ultimate.

If its purely down to finances that's holding this up.

John Carver sacked by Newcastle.

I'm not suggesting him for one second but there is another potential vacancy for Warburton.

We should appoint him asap if he's our number one target.

Imagine if MA stole Warburton from us...