*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Could be good publicity though for a change.

It's possible i think King was just giving his honest opinion on the likelyhood of a deal being done this week. Maybe it's been wrapped up quicker than he thought.

Mind you i've been trying to find a Daily Mail article tonight which apparently says Warburton will be appointed next week.

The longer this drags on it does seem like it's going to be McCall by default. Only positive was MW ruling himself out the Fulham job as I can't think of any other vacancies present that would suit him? Rangers is definitely his first choice, I imagine Weir will have had a massive say in it too.

I just don't trust that our current board have what it takes to secure him, King says they don't want to rush in to an appointment but let's be honest here, you've had nearly 3 weeks, we need to start building. I get the impression he's using the "don't want to rush it" line as he's waiting for MW to pull out and make his life easier.

We seen it with the whole NOMAD situation as well, "we'll get one no bother" "probably within the next 24 hours" etc. And it was all bullshit.

The longer this drags on it does seem like it's going to be McCall by default. Only positive was MW ruling himself out the Fulham job as I can't think of any other vacancies present that would suit him? Rangers is definitely his first choice, I imagine Weir will have had a massive say in it too.

I just don't trust that our current board have what it takes to secure him, King says they don't want to rush in to an appointment but let's be honest here, you've had nearly 3 weeks, we need to start building. I get the impression he's using the "don't want to rush it" line as he's waiting for MW to pull out and make his life easier.

We seen it with the whole NOMAD situation as well, "we'll get one no bother" "probably within the next 24 hours" etc. And it was all bullshit.

Hate to agree with you but it does seem a bit like the spin story we had a number of years back with the big signing of an Italian striker who ended up at sampdoria. Fed the spin to the papers to get fans all hyped up and then it was the players fault for not signing not the club. It's got the same hallmarks, fans are aware we've spoke to him, he's interested, but some other club swoop in or he was asking for too much.

I really hope I'm wrong as I think if he is appointed it will be great for the club but will also restore a little faith in the current board. If McCall gets it as the back up then it's going to be a massive anti climax.

Hate to agree with you but it does seem a bit like the spin story we had a number of years back with the big signing of an Italian striker who ended up at sampdoria. Fed the spin to the papers to get fans all hyped up and then it was the players fault for not signing not the club. It's got the same hallmarks, fans are aware we've spoke to him, he's interested, but some other club swoop in or he was asking for too much.

I really hope I'm wrong as I think if he is appointed it will be great for the club but will also restore a little faith in the current board. If McCall gets it as the back up then it's going to be a massive anti climax.

Who was that, mate?

Made my mind wander back to the days of just missing out on signing Vialli.

Here he is waxing lyrical about Rangers, Souness, Sir Alex and... Jim Duffy?

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/big-interview-vialli-regrets-never-joining-rangers-1.865844

Who was that, mate?

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/big-interview-vialli-regrets-never-joining-rangers-1.865844

Andre caracciolo (sp) smith and baim went to Milan to meet him. He played with Brescia at the time iirc

Who was that, mate?

I think it was 2008 and the guy was Carricino or something to that effect.

Bain flew out to Italy on deadline day and came back with nothing :anguish:

Andre caracciolo (sp) smith and baim went to Milan to meet him. He played with Brescia at the time iirc

I think it was 2008 and the guy was Carricino or something to that effect.

Bain flew out to Italy on deadline day and came back with nothing :anguish:

Cheers, lads.

The private jet arriving back empty on deadline day is ringing more than a few bells now.

Thy've had longer than 3 weeks IMO, even with the appointment of McCall short term, for me the search for a manager should have started there and then. If King and co didnt start sounding out potential managers before the play off games then god fucking help us. McCall should have been told his appoinment was temp and that the board over the coming months will be seeking a new man and his name would be concidered for the position.

The longer this drags out and with McCall in Dublin on International duty the more I fear he'll be announced as manager on Moday when he returns.

Already we are seeing decent players being released from clubs, players signing pre contracts and despite releasing half our squad we are still waiting for some kind of management structure to be put in place, its a joke.