*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

From what I read it was people close to King that spoke to him and he's heard nothing since

Nah King spoke to him yesterday for the first time. Heard this from more than one person last night and it was in the paper this morning. Previously it had been Murray and Gilligan that he spoke to.

McCall wouldn't be my choice but I think some folk need to remember every appointment is risky. Le Guen should have taught us all that your reputation does not guarantee success. It can easily go tits up for any manager. On the other hand McCall could build his own team and return us to the top. What he achieved at Motherwell cannot be ignored. Saying that I would be happiest with us appointing Warburton or McInness.

He's going to Fenerbache.

Read that as well

We might have been in with a shout had we went up

The longer this goes, I can see McCall getting the job. Warburton will stay in England and McInnes will stay at sheep because we won't pay compo for him

And king wants to sell 45,000 season tickets FFS? be lucky to sell 15k at this rate

Read that as well

The longer this goes, I can see McCall getting the job. Warburton will stay in England and McInnes will stay at sheep because we won't pay compo for him

And king wants to sell 45,000 season tickets FFS? be lucky to sell 15k at this rate

This is starting to look like the final outcome! Damn its depressing!

Read that as well

Apparently it was a done deal if we had gone up. Hopefully we can get Warburton. I read on twitter earlier that the daily mail are saying he will be appointed next week.

Just on Twitter really but seems to more "reliable" people claiming it if you can call anyone on Twitter reliable. Wasn't Ibrox loyal anyway

Interesting. I have suspicions that this might actually be the case.

I hope so anyway.

So Paul Murray was right after all?

I don't know mate. It's still pretty much guesswork from me.

I still don't think even if a deal is agreed they will unveil him under the shadow of a court case and EGM. Best to just get that out of the way first.

I don't know mate. It's still pretty much guesswork from me.

I still don't think even if a deal is agreed they will unveil him under the shadow of a court case and EGM. Best to just get that out of the way first.

Could be good publicity though for a change.

Warburton managerial vision

"I strongly believe in youth," said Warburton. "I really believe that you can get young, hungry players who can embrace ideas and you marshal them with one or two senior pros who can really mentor them. That is a nice balance.

"I am also a big believer in smaller squads. I think Brentford used the least number of players, 24, over the course of the season. I think that tells you that you can keep a squad lean and hungry.

"I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I hope very much that the way we played at Brentford last season tells you a lot about Davie and me.

"People refer to playing the game the right way. That is nonsense.

"It is about playing the game your way. If you win trophies by being very long and direct, so be it, but I like to have players who can dominate a football, are comfortable in possession and enjoy being in possession."

Liking him more and more.