English Football

Clemdog

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

Wonder when Harry Kane will get the injury that keeps him out of the World Cup thereby ruining England’s chances of winning it?

England’s chances of winning it were fucked the day Southgate got the job.

I watch spurs - and this is probably true for a lot of EPL teams, but Spurs seem to epitomise it - is that they all look as if they are all nicely inside their comfort zone. They play this nice 5 a side football, that sometimes gets results and sometimes doesn't, but nobody really seems to bother all that much. The players kind of grimace a little if they miss a chance, but its no more than that and it all just seems really, really comfortable and cosy.

Ive no doubt they are trying and being professional, but they seem to play in a little bubble. I suppose when you put 22 multi-millionaires together on a park, time and time again, it just turns into a bit of a boys club, where everybody is relatively happy with a status quo. The quality of football technique on show is high , but in terms of engagement there's something missing and it all just seems as dull as dishwater to me.

34 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I watch spurs - and this is probably true for a lot of EPL teams, but Spurs seem to epitomise it - is that they all look as if they are all nicely inside their comfort zone. They play this nice 5 a side football, that sometimes gets results and sometimes doesn't, but nobody really seems to bother all that much. The players kind of grimace a little if they miss a chance, but its no more than that and it all just seems really, really comfortable and cosy.

Ive no doubt they are trying and being professional, but they seem to play in a little bubble. I suppose when you put 22 multi-millionaires together on a park, time and time again, it just turns into a bit of a boys club, where everybody is relatively happy with a status quo. The quality of football technique on show is high , but in terms of engagement there's something missing and it all just seems as dull as dishwater to me.

Good points there Cushy. I get the feeling these days that in most cases the players care a lot less about the result than the fans do.