Boydy

thehost

5 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Good to see the Rangers support give the lad a round of applause for all he did in his first spell at the club when he came on even though he was playing against us yesterday. Same goes for Coisty when he played against us as well back in the 90s.

Unlike the manky mob who booed the feck out of Larsson when he played against them for Barca and sang songs about how Bobo would snap him in half etc.

It's clear to see the difference in class between the two sets of fans.

Larsson scoring against them is still the best thing ever to happen in football 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BenLui said:

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Didn't cheer when he came on and still don't understand why people did!

My favourite players were red hot tim slayers (Gazza, Albertz, Goram, McCoist). Boyd's performances were so bad against them Walter stopped picking him.

1 hour ago, BenLui said:

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Didn't cheer when he came on and still don't understand why people did!

Scored how many goals for us?

Fuck up.

Agreed, an excellent touch.

I even noticed the Union Bears giving him a round of applause when he first ran down the touchline for a warm-up.

I actually hit a space and drifted back to that period between 2008 and 2011, (I appreciate he left in 2010) during which he played a huge part in a massively successful period for the club. I don't think you can underestimate how much a successful Rangers improves your life; I look back on that period very, very fondly.

The 2008 League Cup final against Dundee United, when Boyd came on to save us twice before scoring the winning penalty, was an unbelievable day. I also remember his double at Rugby Park with George Burley in the crowd in the same week he had criticised Boyd/left him out of the Scotland squad. We won 4-0 and it was a great win.

Killie's strikers should become sponges when it comes to working with Boyd in training. Perhaps they should turn a blind eye to his diet, but I seen him setting-up their attackers before the match and there isn't another striker in Scotland I'd want finishing advice from.

All the best, Boydy.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Scored how many goals for us?

Fuck up.

Fuck Up, why? gave an opinion why he not a hero of mine did not say I never liked him. He scored marginally more than any beast player in the SPL yes but in nearly twice the amount of time.... hence not a hero to me.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How many goals did he score for Rangers that season we were failed to get promotion? 

How many goals did he score for Rangers that season we were failed to get promotion? 

Come on now how many did anyone score,no one was exactly on top form were they.How many did Miller score that same season?

You're an unintelligent, illogical imbecile of absolute epic proportions.

You're an absolute stand-out candidate for the least valuble opinion on this entire forum.

You ask a question that is instantly countered by one of the strongest replies since the vile Nicola Sturgeon claimed we had oil; not many, but the first time around, he set the Scottish record.

3 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Fuck Up, why? gave an opinion why he not a hero of mine did not say I never liked him. He scored marginally more than any beast player in the SPL yes but in nearly twice the amount of time.... hence not a hero to me.

Done it in like two more year, and considering he played for Kilmarnock for a lot of that.

The fuck up was more aimed at the not knowing why he was clapped 

I clapped and thought it was a lovely touch.

I personally thought most people would be clapping as a show of support after the tragic events with his Brother. Some things are bigger than football and a show of unity with our top goalscorer in recent memory, in times of hardship definitely qualifies as that.

He was a goalscorer who would relish the service our current forwards get (and he would probably score them)... Iv said that before.

Also think that if he was to co-comment on an Old Firm game he tongue wouldnt be stuck up Muttons arse.

7 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Hang on a second, Boyd began his scoring record as a teenager in a poor Kilmarnock side. Larsson began his as an experienced international in a strong Celtic side with European football under his belt.

That post is criminal.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Most of the blame for that cluster fuck of a season comes from another one of our goal scoring greats who was a dud in the dugout 

1 hour ago, rfc_watp said:

I clapped and thought it was a lovely touch.

I personally thought most people would be clapping as a show of support after the tragic events with his Brother. Some things are bigger than football and a show of unity with our top goalscorer in recent memory, in times of hardship definitely qualifies as that.

I would agree that the tragic events in his personal life would also have been in folks minds when he came on, it certainly was in mine.

I also noticed he (and Stevie Smith) made sure they shook hands with M W and all the backroom staff as they left the pitch, good Rangers men. (tu)

3 hours ago, kanjo said:

His goals were massive for us.  He fimopped the second time around but I have respect for him for dropping a division for us.  Delighted he got an applause.

Cash  would have helped him dropping down a division I would IMagine, he first spell was what we shoukd remember him by.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would agree that the tragic events in his personal life would also have been in folks minds when he came on, it certainly was in mine.

I also noticed he (and Stevie Smith) made sure they shook hands with M W and all the backroom staff as they left the pitch, good Rangers men. (tu)

Definitely mate and I'm sure Boydy would have been delighted with the gesture.

I left straight away at the final whistle so didn't see it, but I can believe that and it's great to see.

Boydys recent outspoken criticism of Joey Barton and all that carry on shows he cares for the club and our fans. He was speaking not only as an ex player and pundit, he was speaking from the heart imo.