Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

4 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

There will never be any punishment severe enough to punish for this crime. 

Agreed but there is a more fitting one than no punishment at all. 

I’m honestly disgusted with how this appears to be panning out. Granted things may develop but I have my doubts. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

The silence from the fanboys in the political and media world.will probably get broken when the next couple.of trials start/end...

Sectarian PF office hounding c****c and it's time.to let this all be forgotten.

That will be the new mantra....They are as predictable as they are sleekit...

Jim spence - football correspondent for the BBC - twitter bust back into life to talk about job losses in dundee and to retweet some celtic shite about brother wilfred or whatever his name is. Its absolutely astounding.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Some people don’t agree with me on this but I do feel there’s a corrupt element onto why they removed this statement. The SFA will put out the narrative that there is nothing in their policies that allows them to take action against a member club.

"http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

And that part was removed recently by the bheasts or should I say the corrupt scum that run our game now 

We should genuinely refuse to play the scum again until they are rightfully punished for this.

Sell tickets and have a sellout exhibition match/sashbash instead to pay the fines we will inevitably be given.

Just imagine the worldwide headlines. Let the scum mhedia up here try to sweep that one away.

11 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

We should genuinely refuse to play the scum again until they are rightfully punished for this.

Sell tickets and have a sellout exhibition match/sashbash instead to pay the fines we will inevitably be given.

Just imagine the worldwide headlines. Let the scum mhedia up here try to sweep that one away.

My first reaction on reading was “would be great but never gonna happen”

But why not?

Our issue is not with celtic, it is with the powers that be and their refusal to act on a member club now openly guilty of harbouring a child rapist.

How bad does it have to get for action to be taken?

1 hour ago, markem said:

Agreed but there is a more fitting one than no punishment at all. 

I’m honestly disgusted with how this appears to be panning out. Granted things may develop but I have my doubts. 

It's genuinely disgusting that our supposed media have had blanket silence over this for so long and now most of them are still running the narrative of the separate entity.

Even if the separate entity was real and a genuine excuse that doesn't mean Cairney and McCaffertty weren't a part of the full club.

honestly the club shut down and set on fire is the only option for cleansing their sins.

8 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's genuinely disgusting that our supposed media have had blanket silence over this for so long and now most of them are still running the narrative of the separate entity.

Even if the separate entity was real and a genuine excuse that doesn't mean Cairney and McCaffertty weren't a part of the full club.

honestly the club shut down and set on fire is the only option for cleansing their sins.

That they gave him access to children again whilst knowing what he was could easily be concluded as being complicit and must merit a police investigation?

12 minutes ago, markem said:

Buddy is that a fact? Was that removed? - when?

The only fact I have I’m afraid is that during the SFA independent enquiry they decided to remove current policies and make new ones. In doing so I can’t see where that clear and concise statement is replaced. During an enquiry where the focus is on the protection of children do you feel it has increased the protection of children or a bastardised football club by removing this.

Sellik are a stain on society, they   have many friends in the thankfully dying traditional media, but everycunt and his dug is now on the internet and knows the real story

disgraceful club, disgraceful history, founded by bigots and maintained by bigots and now more concerned about hiding from truth, a twisted entity of horrible cunts, every journalist in Scotland should be fired , I wouldn't piss on any of their papers or watch any of their news, we are truly a dark fucking land nowadays.

My thoughts are with those who suffered in this whole sorry evil era, I hope it has ended, but full validation and vindication will never be enough now for the victims who were anything but supported , Sellik can scurry back into their self denial about being some kind of Social Justice Inclusion club,  we all know the truth now.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Some people don’t agree with me on this but I do feel there’s a corrupt element onto why they removed this statement. The SFA will put out the narrative that there is nothing in their policies that allows them to take action against a member club.

"http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/ssfa/scottish_football.cfm?page=3812

Section 9 of this now removed link said.

"Section 5 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 creates a statutory duty to report any suspicions of child abuse i.e. a duty to do what is reasonable in all the circumstances to safeguard the child's health, development and welfare. Failure to report concerns, turning a blind eye or failing to protect a child may result in legal action."

The thing is though the crimes were committed under different rules. celtic were /are still culpable, changing rules in the last year does not change that. 

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The thing is though the crimes were committed under different rules. celtic were /are still culpable, changing rules in the last year does not change that. 

Yes maybe looking too much into it but the excuse that it’s out with their jurisdiction to hold any member clubs to account for this is much easier with that statement removed, they might be hoping it goes away.

Desperate cunts, question being asked on twitter as to how Stein could remove Torbett if it was a separate entity.  Guy has answered...easily, it was a separate entity however celtic had enough influence to have him removed. 

Question, why didn’t they exert that influence to prevent him being reinstated then? 

I mean really think about this, many people at celtic knew this guy was a nonce yet went to bed at night knowing he once again had access to children.  

It’s fucking stomach churning, and I’m removing all my own hatred for them etc when I say that.  On a human level that is despicable.

https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=165&a=fight-fire-with-fire

One should not be surprised at two startling developments in the crazy obsession of the sevco-ists this week, namely the relevations that celtic CEO Peter Lawwell has been agitating for further punishment of Rangers with regards to EBTS, both in 2012, and several weeks ago.

It seems that Rangers being demoted to the bottom division, losing a squad of full international players, being fined while in Administration, being penalised points in the 2011/2012 season, with the result effectively handing celtic both a free run for 5 years at the title, and 5 years riches of the champions league is not enough.

You'd think celtic would realise how lady luck has smiled on them, since they stopped their own EBT usage (without punishment I may add), and since former celtic Chairman (and friend of Dawn Primarolo) John Reid's friends at HMRC moved the goalposts on tax, at the same time that Govt owned Lloyds bank, were attempting to strangle the club.

Like most Rangers fans, I detest what David Murray did to the club, how he operated our tax arrangements, and how he left us vulnerable to forces looking for an excuse to damage or kill Rangers, however, it is those forces who will not rest and those forces who appear to have reached the end of the road, so are looking for any avenue to damage a resurgent Rangers.

The throwing of Stewart Regan under the bus by Lawwell and Neil Doncaster for not being stupid enough to pursue a non-case against Rangers on use of EBTs following the final EBT judgement, is not surprising, however, we should not forget that the final five way agreement was signed by Regan while incomplete (as revealed by VB), meaning that those present in the room after he left are responsible for the small print that mandated Rangers should face no further punishment, including Doncaster, and SPL/SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie.

The desperate act to try and find a case elsewhere by the SFA on Rangers UEFA application in 2011, looks very much like a sop from Regan to Lawwell to placate the hordes, and I expect, like several other ill thought attacks on Rangers, that this will fail.

Lawwell, of course, was careful in 2011 not to be a public face of the moves to demote and punish Rangers and it is now clear as we all knew that he was instrumental in this fight.

I have no issues with a CEO looking out for the best interests of his business, and clearly Lawwell believes any successful attack on Rangers is a success for celtic, however, lets kill any pretence that Sporting Integrity is in any way relevant to this, other than to show it's the exact opposite of what Liewell and his friends are indulging in.

Lets also not forget that, while Rangers were 'out of the way', celtic's sponsorship takings, ticket sales and tv takings reduced significantly. If this is how acting in your own interests ends up, I'm not clear why Lawwell is revered as a great business man. He is, in fact, a snide cowardly bully who doesn't like a fair fight.

As the SFA's Tony McLennon begins his futile investigation in to Rangers UEFA application in 2011, it indicates clearly that historical conduct in Scottish Football is open to be investigated and punished.

Therefore, it's time we asked when the following are going to be fully investigated;

* How many coaches at celtic Boys club have now been charged with child sex offences, who from the club was involved in keeping issues silent, and what is going to be done about it. Let's not forget, that Penn State in the USA were stripped of all trophies for the period they had failed to act. While this was later reversed following legal action, it certainly indicates a more appropriate priority.

* How and why did so many celtic employees become members of movie tax avoidance schemes shortly after joining celtic?

* Where did the payments in to these schemes on behalf of these employees come from?

* Were there payments in to players' bank accounts not documented on their salary slips?

* How was Robbie Keane's salary funded? Newspaper reports at the time, carried boasts of Dermot Desmond paying Keane's salary himself. Could celtic not afford him? Was this declared anywhere in celtic's accounts? Was this declared to the SFA or SPL?

* Were Roy Keane and Thomas Graveson paid directly by the club?

I'm sure we could go further back, and question the promises made by celtic to Paul Elliot that resulted in an out of court settlement too?

Scottish Football stands at a crossroads. Do we tie up the game in historical issues for years to come, while potential sponsors conclude that the whole thing is a basket case, and we sink further and further behind all of our competitors? It's beginning to look that way.

Should Rangers turn the other cheek to move the game on? The quick answer is No. All avenues for attack require to be closed off before this can happen.

There is no other option than for Rangers to fight fire with fire. 

https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=209&a=all-that-it-takes-for-evil-to-succeed----

44 years after previous allegations of child molestation, James Torbett, founder of celtic Boys Club, was found guilty at Glasgow High Court yesterday on 5 charges of historical child abuse ranging from 1986 to 1994.  2 of his victims were members of his under-14 team and one other a 5-year-old boy.

Owner of the Trophy Centre business based in Pollokshaws, he committed many of these sordid crimes as an employee of celtic Football Club

The Conviction

Credit must be given to reporter Mark Daly for his extensive research resulting in a 6 year prison sentence being handed to Torbett.  One of his reports is detailed in this video and is horrific viewing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhxZbRWqDU

The Trial

Throughout the two week trial the court heard disturbing and sordid details of Torbett’s nefarious life.

How he abused children at his business factory, on return from football training and on football trips to France

How he would strip to music in front of his victims before abusing them

How he would subject youth players to other forms of abuse by encouraging them to sing songs in praise of the child murdering IRA

How he groomed kids by taking them on trips to Orlando by paying for it from money out of his own pocket

How he stuffed £100 notes in the mouths of his innocent victims

His business partnership and friendship with celtic FC directors

How celtic Boys Club and celtic Football Club are inextricably intertwined

The Deflection

celtic fans, in their own perverse way, have attempted to deflect attention away from their sectarian stained club by claiming that Torbett was sacked by Jock Stein for previous child tampering allegations in 1974. They (and celtic FC) allege that the boys club was nothing to do with celtic Football Club – the latter officially going to great lengths in attempt at distancing itself by changing the boys club name to St Patrick’s, with £20,000 paid to the boys club for their co-operation.  It is little wonder that they are referred to by many as Sleekit FC!

If there was no official link to the boys club why did celtic FC manager Jock Stein have the power to “kick him out” of it? 

Another despicable deflection tactic they used was to claim that Torbett was a Protestant Rangers supporter – a ‘H**’.  These absurd allegations were disproved when the court was informed that he was a Roman Catholic and would often play music from Irish republican band The Wolfe Tones at his home while preying on his innocent victims.

The Silence

At the time of writing celtic FC has made no comment – which is utterly bizarre considering they were quick to comment on the recent passing of Louis Tomlinson’s Mum! You may be asking yourself what One Direction had to do with celtic FC?  Ambulance chasing is a fine art! 

Their failure to apologise to the victims says all one needs to know about the level of contempt they have for anyone outside of the celtic circle.

The Scottish Football Association, to date, has also not made comment.  In the interests of “sporting integrity” – a phrase coined by celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell – one would have thought they’d have something to say about the most shameful events in Scottish football history?  No? 

In the USA recently, football team Penn State were severly punished for failing to report child abuse crimes and warning the public of it by one of their employees.   celtic FC is not above the law of the land – The Scottish FA, by saying and doing nothing, is being complicit in the cover up of heinous child abuse.

The Cover Up

Evidence of a cover up at celtic Park is damning.

After being “kicked out” by Stein, the club re-employed Torbett – effectively, they facilitated a known paedophile to continue his abuse.  Let that sink in!  celtic Chairman Kevin Kelly, friend and business partner of Torbett, knew what he was up to!  He chose to say nothing. He denies knowing – but he sanctioned the sacking in 1974!   I’m sure you have heard the phrase liars from cradle to the grave!?

Convicted paedophile James McCafferty, the subject of an ongoing investigation into paedophilia, was also employed at celtic Park, as was Frank Cairney – he too the subject of an ongoing child abuse investigation. All too much of a coincidence, is it not?

A previous VB article suggested that a paeodophile ring was operating at celtic Park - https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=136&a=vb-makes-another-donation-to-civil-rights-camp – one thing is obvious; evidence suggest the board of celtic FC are complicit in the abuse of children by an employee(s) of theirs!

The Victims

Hopefully this conviction gives closure to the victims and their families and they feel they have received justice.  These innocent people have lived a life of hell caused by the actions of a disgusting sick beast.  

A Full Inquiry

The judge in court summed up by telling Torbett: “You used the club as a front for child abuse”.

It is clear that an investigation into paedophila at celtic Park is needed.  There are many questions that need answered.    

celtic youth player Lawrence Haggart was murdered by a paedophile in 1996 – is it just coincidence that McCafferty, Torbett and Cairney were on the prowl at that time?

Why did celtic FC give Torbett’s Trophy Centre commercial business AFTER he was kicked out of the club on paedophile allegations? 

On 26th October 1993 a motion was tabled in parliament by George Galloway congratulating Torbett and his youth team on their successful trip to Palestine. Did Galloway know of Torbett’s sordid past? Is he complicit in all of this? 

There is much more to be revealed about the “open secret” (as former celtic player Lou Macari claimed in his book) at celtic Park.

For the sake of the innocent victims and prevention of further abuse at celtic Park, VB calls on the SFA to launch an investigation into on-goings at celtic Park, and solicits a full independent inquiry into the actions of the SFA and celtic FC employees.

“Sentencing Torbett then, Sheriff Margaret Gimblett said: “You have brought anguish and shame to one of the greatest football clubs, never mind the stress and anxiety to friends and family, including your own.” Mid 1990’s at his first trial, same club!

“The love which young boys have for the game of football, their competitive spirit, their dreams of playing professionally and perceived association with celtic Football Club, which is a revered institution for a significant part of the population, gave you substantial power over the boys whom you coached.”

It’s now just a perceived association!

The silence is not deafening.. it’s absolutely sickening.

The club was happy to have its greatest ever manager handing trophies out and  attend the celtic boys club but when it comes to this sick carry on they say it’s a separate entity.  It may well be on paper a separate entity but funny how they never not once mentioned it in any of these old headlines regarding the super babes winning trophies etc.   

Seems that they only ever want the good out of everything and just brush the dirt away

6 minutes ago, Jonok said:

Petition up for British investigation into celtics child abuse.   Rule Britannia ya manky bastards.

https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0/d?source_location=combo_psf

Signed! 

51 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“Sentencing Torbett then, Sheriff Margaret Gimblett said: “You have brought anguish and shame to one of the greatest football clubs, never mind the stress and anxiety to friends and family, including your own.” Mid 1990’s at his first trial, same club!

“The love which young boys have for the game of football, their competitive spirit, their dreams of playing professionally and perceived association with celtic Football Club, which is a revered institution for a significant part of the population, gave you substantial power over the boys whom you coached.”

It’s now just a perceived association!

I dont think perceived in this case is the Sheriff deflecting it away from celtic (or saying 'separate entity') but rather the kids themselves were under the perception that boys club lead to main club as they were both associated.

52 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The silence is not deafening.. it’s absolutely sickening.

The club was happy to have its greatest ever manager handing trophies out and  attend the celtic boys club but when it comes to this sick carry on they say it’s a separate entity.  It may well be on paper a separate entity but funny how they never not once mentioned it in any of these old headlines regarding the super babes winning trophies etc.   

Seems that they only ever want the good out of everything and just brush the dirt away

It truly is sickening they haven't said one word about this. Even the victims in the daly report said they haven't heard one word from the scum club. 

Penn state in US got hit with a 60 million dollar fine and all victories overturned for the period the coach involved was hired. Punishment for their inaction in allowing abuse to happen  

Scum fc should be hit with these type of punishments. It's very clear their inaction allowed this to happen. 

We as a club should be pushing for an independent investigation to ensure this happens.

Archived