Kenny Miller

jackrfc95

Just home from the game and watched the goals. 

Not his best game today but once again he got us out of jail as he has on countless occasions over the years. 

Say what you want about Miller but he's the only real winner in our squad right now, dreading the day he retires. 

Love the man :pipe:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Just home from the game and watched the goals. 

Not his best game today but once again he got us out of jail as he has on countless occasions over the years. 

Say what you want about Miller but he's the only real winner in our squad right now, dreading the day he retires. 

Love the man :pipe:

As you say not great, especially when he comes deep.

Stays central upfront and guess what, two great goals and was the difference between a win and a defeat.

Think he tries too hard to show his experience, maybe even try to bail out an underperforming midfield.

If he just played his position his goal return would be a hell of a lot better than it is this season.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As you say not great, especially when he comes deep.

Stays central upfront and guess what, two great goals and was the difference between a win and a defeat.

Think he tries too hard to show his experience, maybe even try to bail out an underperforming midfield.

If he just played his position his goal return would be a hell of a lot better than it is this season.

Agreed, think today that was due to how pish we were so felt he had to come back to get involved. Problem was when he came deep to get on the ball there wasn't a striker to pass to.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Agreed, think today that was due to how pish we were so felt he had to come back to get involved. Problem was when he came deep to get on the ball there wasn't a striker to pass to.

Nah he does it every game.

I actually think it's a tactic to let someone else break into the space. But it's shite as they don't, and he's then anywhere between left wing and right back tripping over the ball.

Probably unpopular opinion on here but I thought like the rest of the team he was honking for 75mins. The team gained a sense of urgency after they scored and that's what turned it around today. Got to give him credit for scoring the goals but for me Miller, Wallace and MW should have been getting tore into the team for treating it like a training session for the vast majority of that game. 

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Probably unpopular opinion on here but I thought like the rest of the team he was honking for 75mins. The team gained a sense of urgency after they scored and that's what turned it around today. Got to give him credit for scoring the goals but for me Miller, Wallace and MW should have been getting tore into the team for treating it like a training session for the vast majority of that game. 

Wallace was absolutely anonymous and should have started by having a word with himself.

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nah he does it every game.

I actually think it's a tactic to let someone else break into the space. But it's shite as they don't, and he's then anywhere between left wing and right back tripping over the ball.

Magnified today because both McKay and MOH want to stay out on the touch line regardless of where the ball is. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wallace was absolutely anonymous and should have started by having a word with himself.

I really don't rate the guy, even when he was hyped up and was - to be fair - playing well, I didn't mix it too much with the praise.

A rangers captain? Not a chance, give the captaincy to Miller.

Warburton has Miller to thank for the day as he's constantly showing us he's not the manager for the job. Hats off to Miller 37 yearold and still offers more than anyone in that team. Waghorn & Garner couldnae lace his boots! 

9 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Keeps ramming my 'not good enough' comment down my throat.

He's alright is oor Kenny.

I am the same I think I was in turmoil when we resigned him and filled with rage but by god has he booted my balls with the balls he has booted in the net I dont know where we would be without him rite now.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Kenny is a legend, pity some cant tag that status on him due to playing for the scum. 

It's a job at the end of the day, and it's clear where his heart is. 

1024px-StarScrollCrestRangersFC.svg.png

It's nothing to do with playing for Celtic. He is simply nowhere near the status or stature of a Meiklejohn, Greig, McCoist, Jardine, Cooper or Johnstone etc etc. That word gets used far too much, almost to an embarrassing level. Kenny Miller is a terrific servant to Rangers Football Club but fuck sake, he's won about 3 or 4 trophies or something for the club. Effectively nothing. He's a model professional, nothing more.