Kenny Miller

jackrfc95

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked his 2nd. Being slightly right of central, having a bit of time to think and 90 minutes almost on the clock, the natural option is to fire it into the opposite corner across the keeper and sometimes snatch at it. Deserves a lot of credit for keeping his composure and calmly slotting it. The keeper kinda sold himself but still a very cool and confident finish.

As an out and out No.9 I think Miller is a class act. He may miss some but he'll get you a barrel load too. He knows where to be, what runs to make and has a knack of getting many a crucial goal. I just get frustrated when he continually comes deep. He doesn't need to. I get that he maybe lacks faith in his team mates at times but it shouldn't be Miller's job to drop so deep. Also I don't think he offers as much when he comes deep. He must stay higher up the park to get the best out of him IMO, and that goes for whoever plays No.9. Whether it be Garner, Dodoo or Waghorn they need to stop dropping too deep. Now and again it's okay but happens too much IMO. It's no coincidence that when we have to have a go, and our forwards play on a higher line we tend to get more success.............

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's nothing to do with playing for Celtic. He is simply nowhere near the status or stature of a Meiklejohn, Greig, McCoist, Jardine, Cooper or Johnstone etc etc. That word gets used far too much, almost to an embarrassing level. Kenny Miller is a terrific servant to Rangers Football Club but fuck sake, he's won about 3 or 4 trophies or something for the club. Effectively nothing. He's a model professional, nothing more. 

For you maybe, but plenty on here have stated the reason they don't class him as a legend is that he's played for them. You might be different, but I'm just going on what has been said on here.

4 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Just home from the game and watched the goals. 

Not his best game today but once again he got us out of jail as he has on countless occasions over the years. 

Say what you want about Miller but he's the only real winner in our squad right now, dreading the day he retires. 

Love the man :pipe:

If I have any more kids they will be getting called Kenny..........hang on a minute - up during the night changing nappies & giving them a bottle...stuff that

Maybe be a dog or a goldfish then!!

all kidding aside, what a hero that man is. Long live the King...King Kenny!!

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bit obvious really, isn't a legend imo, if he's worthy then Kris Boyd is, also his stint at the tarriers.

It just goes to show that we all have players we like and others don't. As a matter of interest, without naming names, are there any players in the HOF who you don't rate?

47 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

It just goes to show that we all have players we like and others don't. As a matter of interest, without naming names, are there any players in the HOF who you don't rate?

One in particular a think shouldn't be in it, can't remember most of it tbf.

8 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Kenny is a legend, pity some cant tag that status on him due to playing for the scum. 

It's a job at the end of the day, and it's clear where his heart is. 

1024px-StarScrollCrestRangersFC.svg.png

He should be, but he lost the chance of becoming a Rangers legend the day he pulled on those green and white hoops in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's nothing to do with playing for Celtic. He is simply nowhere near the status or stature of a Meiklejohn, Greig, McCoist, Jardine, Cooper or Johnstone etc etc. That word gets used far too much, almost to an embarrassing level. Kenny Miller is a terrific servant to Rangers Football Club but fuck sake, he's won about 3 or 4 trophies or something for the club. Effectively nothing. He's a model professional, nothing more. 

Miller has won more trophies than Gascoigne and there's certainly no doubting that guys status as a Rangers legend.

Kenny Miller has spent a combined total of 6 years at this club an array of honours and big important goals.  He should be a hall of famer, he should be a legend.  But he fucked it up the day he signed for them.