Director of football

K.A.I

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

What's the remit of a director of football? I'm not sure we need one.

What we do need is an extensive scouting network which covers more than the English leagues.

What we need first, before anything, is a group of 15 or 16 players good enough to challenge Celtic. We don't need scouting networks or DoFs for that. Most of us could identify a team good enough to beat them. It's the boards job to make funds available for the club/manager to do that. 

Rangers number 1 priority right now is catch Celtic. We need better players and for that we need money spent. 

Couldn't really care about this tbh.

Not like it's going to change what's happening on the pitch or the investment we crave. Just be another pointless appointment that is papering over the cracks pretending this board have a fucking clue what they are doing.

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

What we need first, before anything, is a group of 15 or 16 players good enough to challenge Celtic. We don't need scouting networks or DoFs for that. Most of us could identify a team good enough to beat them. It's the boards job to make funds available for the club/manager to do that. 

Rangers number 1 priority right now is catch Celtic. We need better players and for that we need money spent. 

Go on them identify a team good enough to beat them within our budget?

I couldn't without spending more than we have. That why we need an excellent scouting network.

Appoint a Director of Football, tell the fans we need to be patient, write off next season early on at some point, and then play for the long term again, being told how wonderful everything is coming along at Auchenhowie? It's meaningless, if we do not have a team on the park to bring this club success then all of this is worthless. The fans have been very patient, it is now time the people running the club gave the team the backing it needs, and that will mean spending on players who will bring this club success immediately. 

12 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We don't need a scouting network? Ok :lol:

14 minutes ago, five stars said:

Go on them identify a team good enough to beat them within our budget?

I couldn't without spending more than we have. That why we need an excellent scouting network.

What is our budget? You don't know what we have. 

Scouting takes time. That's along term thing. Our need is here and now. 

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We don't need a scouting network? Ok :lol:

Not to sign a team in the short term to catch Celtic, no. Scouting is long term and our club don't have long term. Celtic need stopped now. 

15 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

A scouting network would help the club identify players that have the desired quality at a price we can afford.  You say we don't need scouts, that we should go and get the players first, but isn't that putting the cart before the horse?  Identifying players is more difficult that you might think and I can assure you "most of us" wouldn't be up to the task.  A DoF could help when it comes to player acquisition.  I still maintain we should've brought Park to Rangers in some capacity to help us get players in. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

What is our budget? You don't know what we have. 

Scouting takes time. That's along term thing. Our need is here and now. 

Not to sign a team in the short term to catch Celtic, no. Scouting is long term and our club don't have long term. Celtic need stopped now. 

And to stop Celtic we need to identify players capable of doing that. A scouting system is probably the most important thing we need just now along with proper funding.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A scouting network would help the club identify players that have the desired quality at a price we can afford.  You say we don't need scouts, that we should go and get the players first, but isn't that putting the cart before the horse?  Identifying players is more difficult that you might think and I can assure you "most of us" wouldn't be up to the task.  A DoF could help when it comes to player acquisition.  I still maintain we should've brought Park to Rangers in some capacity to help us get players in. 

I must have put that across wrong, you are the 2nd person to say that. I didn't mean that. Of course we need scouts, every club does. But right now, we need a team who can beat Celtic. We don't need worldwide scouting to do that. We don't need to scour the planet for the next 6 months before we can sign a better player than Andy Halliday or Jason Holt. 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

And to stop Celtic we need to identify players capable of doing that. A scouting system is probably the most important thing we need just now along with proper funding.

They take too much time, time our club doesn't have. Sure, we can put one in place, we definitely need to, but we don't have enough time to wait on people flying across the globe finding this player or that player. Our need is great. 

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Celtic, no. Scouting is long term and our club don't have long term. Celtic need stopped now. 

So how are we catching the tims if we don't scout players? 

We just going off what we know from these gutter leagues and the pish Pedro has managed in? so a team full of lower league English flops like Waghorn and some lower league Portuguese brick layers? 

I'm sorry but it's abundantly clear we need a vast scouting network if we are to have any hope in hell of catching them because we can't afford the well known players that they are linked too at the bottom of the EPL so it needs to be from far and wide.

We didn't have a scouting network and ended up with utter shite, just continue that aye?

:lol: 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

They take too much time, time our club doesn't have. Sure, we can put one in place, we definitely need to, but we don't have enough time to wait on people flying across the globe finding this player or that player. Our need is great. 

So how do we find these players? :lol:

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I must have put that across wrong, you are the 2nd person to say that. I didn't mean that. Of course we need scouts, every club does. But right now, we need a team who can beat Celtic. We don't need worldwide scouting to do that. We don't need to scour the planet for the next 6 months before we can sign a better player than Andy Halliday or Jason Holt. 

We clearly do.....

Where are we going to get players to catch them? League one down south? Some scottish premiership flops? League one in Portugal? Because that's about the extent of what we have here just now.

If you think the above will catch the tims you are living in a bubble.