Ryan Hardie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Walking On Water said:

Brilliantly taken goal tonight against Hibs, been impressive on loan at Raith by all accounts also. Can we see him figuring in Caixinha's squad next season?

He is actually very good on the ball. It's time he became involved in the first team squad for us.

Can't do any worse. 

The signs are there by giving Miller another year that investment on any sort of scale is not forthcoming so give the boy a chance. 

This is "the" year for him. If he doesn't make it at Rangers next season he never will imo 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Can't do any worse. 

The signs are there by giving Miller another year that investment on any sort of scale is not forthcoming so give the boy a chance. 

This is "the" year for him. If he doesn't make it at Rangers next season he never will imo 

It depends what that will mean though. If he is very much part of the first team squad, surely that will mean he will have made it in some way.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Nah he's "pish", "absolute shite', I read those comments from the football intelligentsia on RM so it must be true.  

I saw the goal he scored this evening, very good. He looks a better player for going out on loan; hopefully he can make a breakthrough into our squad.

I'd like to see the young fellow get his chance to impress the gaffer in the close season, those on loan deserve their chance as much as some of the players who've had the chance of a clean slate under Pedro and fucked it up. 

We've already got players that performed, and scored many goals, in the Championship. We need players that can score in the Premiership. We never realised that it was going to be more difficult to score in the Premiership, we thought it wasn't a big step up. However, defences in the Premiership are better organised, and all the players are full time. The Premiership is a bigger step up, from the Championship, than I thought it would be. I'm not saying that it's a massive step up, just that they're a lot better at parking the bus, then steal a goal from a break away. Maybe Premiership teams were more prepared for Rangers, than we were for the Premiership???

I never once called The Premiership, SPL, because the SPL is dead. I recall, in 2012, saying to a Facebook 'friend' that Rangers would be alive and kicking, long after the SPL was dead, and I was correct.

I know that the SPL was just re-branded, and is now the SPFL, but I need to hold onto these small victories, it gives me hope that all is not lost...

4 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Got to be worth a run. At least he scores goals unlike Garner and Waghorn. Yes I know Wags is the top scorer but when we are just + 14, Aberdeen + 35 and the scum + 65 we need someone who can score.

9 goals in 32 Championship games this season. Think we need to keep looking. :tu:

Cannot see the boy cutting it in the top flight sadly.

I'd rather we brought in a host of new forwards.

Given that's unlikely, everyone that's on our books including Hardie Thomson and Crooks should be getting assessed the now and should have a fair crack at winning a squad place come preseason. If they aren't cutting it let them go or get them sold, no good being here getting loaned out every season with no chance of making it.

I like the boy, think there's a player in there, the only way we'll ever find out if he's good enough is if he's given this opportunity.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd rather we brought in a host of new forwards.

Given that's unlikely, everyone that's on our books including Hardie Thomson and Crooks should be getting assessed the now and should have a fair crack at winning a squad place come preseason. If they aren't cutting it let them go or get them sold, no good being here getting loaned out every season with no chance of making it.

I like the boy, think there's a player in there, the only way we'll ever find out if he's good enough is if he's given this opportunity.

Agree with all of this except the last sentence. Well, I like him too, but not that :lol:. He has less than 1-in-2 at Scottish Championship level. I don't think he's good enough but we'll see. 

I think it is worth taking a chance with the lad for next season. Being on loan may be good in some respects in that they are involved in competitive games however I am not sure that they are fully settled in their respective teams (especially if they are still doing part of their training with us). Working full time with the first team could give us positive progression.

I get frustrated with the amount of our youths who get released and then go onto find success (Dorrans is a prime example at the moment). I would just like a manager to have the balls to take a chance on some of our younger players and give them a decent chance.  

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Agree with all of this except the last sentence. Well, I like him too, but not that :lol:. He has less than 1-in-2 at Scottish Championship level. I don't think he's good enough but we'll see. 

Yeah but that depends on how they play, number of chances he gets, scoring ratios. I don't really know so I won't hold it against him.

From what I saw of him with us he was instinctive and direct. Just lightweight.

Don't know why you'd disagree with the opportunity to give him a crack at it preseason.

But it's all ifs buts and maybes.

Think he'd be better leaving permenantly and trying to get 1 of the better Championship sides to take him on.

We have a few forwards that are already here and we'll maybe get rid of 1 of them and add more. How much game time would Hardie see if he stays? Not much. If he goes on another loan he'd be as well going permenantly.

Next season isn't the time for blooding in youth, I'm afraid. To be honest, dependent on how we progress, the next few seasons might be bleak for youth development, coinciding with this new under-17s playing for the under-20s set-up.

We need to start winning; end of.

As someone else suggested; send Hardie out on loan to a Premiership side - an Inverness, a Killie or whoever - and see how he copes at this level.

2 hours ago, TheCutch said:

9 goals in 32 Championship games this season. Think we need to keep looking. :tu:

Cannot see the boy cutting it in the top flight sadly.

6 goals from 16 appearances, only 11 starts in a team fighting relegation is pretty impressive regardless of what anyone thinks of his ability. I wouldn't judge him for his time at St Mirren because they were a train wreck when he was there, even though he got 3 goals in 8 appearances.