Ryan Hardie

7 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

6 goals from 16 appearances, only 11 starts in a team fighting relegation is pretty impressive regardless of what anyone thinks of his ability. I wouldn't judge him for his time at St Mirren because they were a train wreck when he was there, even though he got 3 goals in 8 appearances.

11 starts in a bottom half championship isn't really impressive at all. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes then all the very best to him.   In many ways I'd hope that he transfers to a club in England or in Europe in a league that is much stronger than the Scottish Championship so that he can really start to prove to himself whether he might have what it takes to really improve his game.   Same goes for the others who may leave in summer.  

IMO far too many players go on loan to lower div Scottish clubs or stay in Scotland when they leave Ibrox.   It seems to me that it would benefit the development players and the Club if partnerships could be formed with English and / or European clubs for loan arrangements.   We have to find a way of developing young players through to the point where the experience they gain in development and on loan means they become well prepared and ready to step into a Rangers first team squad.   If that pathway is not a well trodden pathway for development players of all ages then it seems to me the whole approach to developing own football talent becomes more and more questionable.   The cost of development not delivering enough value results for the Club.    There must surely be a hard requirement to see a pipeline of development players (not just the odd one or two) reaching the point where they step up into the first team squad and improve that squad. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes and no. It's apparently his decision to look elsewhere. At 20 he's not really done much to merit a start at Rangers yet. Particularly given he's been on loan since before the manager arrived.

Do you think he will make it. I can't think of many youth players who have left us recently who have made it 

44 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Do you think he will make it. I can't think of many youth players who have left us recently who have made it 

Depends on what you call making it. Bigger and better than Rangers? No. A decent career somewhere in Scotland or England? Yeah

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

11 starts in a bottom half championship isn't really impressive at all. 

I quoted someone who said his goal return was poor, his overall ability is a completely different argument. So to my original point 6 goals from 11 starts and 3 goals from 8 starts while playing for two of the worst teams in the championship is pretty impressive.

22 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I quoted someone who said his goal return was poor, his overall ability is a completely different argument. So to my original point 6 goals from 11 starts and 3 goals from 8 starts while playing for two of the worst teams in the championship is pretty impressive.

His overall ability is very much overlooked. Ryan is technically good with his feet, and I think he will be a very good player, wherever he plays. Ideally he will play for Rangers.

I liked the look of him the few times he got a game for us. Pace. I understand the 'not the time to blood youngsters' thoughts,  but it turned out this would have been a perfect year. Wouldn't have done any worse with a few of our own lads rotating in and out compared to some of the journeymen. I would have Ryan and Dodoo on the pitch rather than Waghorn and Garner anytime.

Not for me. It's looking like we might have to settle for one new striker in the summer with Miller going to sign a new contract. Would have him, Dodoo and Rudden from the u20's along with a new signing and get rid of the two duds who have let us down time after time.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Scored a couple goals today at that u21 Toulon tournament.

Decent finish on the first goal and the second was a penalty:

Decent? That was a lovely finish.

Other comments: impressive dive from the Scottish captain for the pen, and what the hell were the Scottish centre halves doing for the Indonesia goal?! :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Other comments: impressive dive from the Scottish captain for the pen, and what the hell were the Scottish centre halves doing for the Indonesia goal?! :facepalm:

Was just about to post that the penalty looked dodgy and the finish for the 1st Hardie goal was sublime..:huh:

Just now, Inigo said:

The defence in the clips look absolutely brutal :lol:

Nice finish for the goal I watched the full game and Hardie really needs to work on his positioning the amount of times he was ahead of the defence was ridiculous, he wasn't even trying to bend his run etc, and he looks a fairly lethargic player but maybe it's because he's not had a break or whatever but hopefully he CAN come back and be a good forward option for us under Caixinha.

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Reformation Bear said:

If he goes then all the very best to him.   In many ways I'd hope that he transfers to a club in England or in Europe in a league that is much stronger than the Scottish Championship so that he can really start to prove to himself whether he might have what it takes to really improve his game.   Same goes for the others who may leave in summer.  

IMO far too many players go on loan to lower div Scottish clubs or stay in Scotland when they leave Ibrox.   It seems to me that it would benefit the development players and the Club if partnerships could be formed with English and / or European clubs for loan arrangements.   We have to find a way of developing young players through to the point where the experience they gain in development and on loan means they become well prepared and ready to step into a Rangers first team squad.   If that pathway is not a well trodden pathway for development players of all ages then it seems to me the whole approach to developing own football talent becomes more and more questionable.   The cost of development not delivering enough value results for the Club.    There must surely be a hard requirement to see a pipeline of development players (not just the odd one or two) reaching the point where they step up into the first team squad and improve that squad. 

I just think it's simpler than that - it's all to do with the talent pool Scotland produces nowadays. The answer ?? Very little 

If we can produce one first team calibre player a year from the youths then we are doing very well. 

On 27/04/2017 at 0:00 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

If we are all prepared to let him start and play for 3 months to let him settle in then yes give him a chance. 

But he will have a couple of poor to average games and it will be Hardie is shit get him ta fuck. 

I honestly think he's one of those players that can't handle playing for Rangers first team,but looks a player the second he leaves. 

Think that's been a bit harsh, he's barely had an opportunity in the first team - when he has he played well enough. 

Not like Hemmings who got a few chances and absolutely fluffed every one of them. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I just think it's simpler than that - it's all to do with the talent pool Scotland produces nowadays. The answer ?? Very little 

If we can produce one first team calibre player a year from the youths then we are doing very well. 

You may well be right about the talent pool in Scotland (shallow and lack of...)   If that is the case then it seems to me to be inevitable that far closer attention will be given to the cost of operating academies and the extent to which they deliver a value that justifies the cost.   

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

You may well be right about the talent pool in Scotland (shallow and lack of...)   If that is the case then it seems to me to be inevitable that far closer attention will be given to the cost of operating academies and the extent to which they deliver a value that justifies the cost.   

Thats a no brainer - for example if we could have kept a hold of Billy Gilmour till he was 20/21 and he realised his potential how much can you command from an Englisb prem club? 

It's 10 yrs since we sold Hutton for 9m - that just about paid for Auchenhowie 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Think that's been a bit harsh, he's barely had an opportunity in the first team - when he has he played well enough. 

Not like Hemmings who got a few chances and absolutely fluffed every one of them. 

What Hemmings who was thrown upfront on his own in a 4-5-1 with Papac & Davis/Lafferty on the wings. I remember those games and remember us creating absolutely nothing just big long punts up the park. Even fucking Jelavic turned to shit that last 6 months under mccoist so I think we were judging Hemmings to harshly.