Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

agree this lot will stay. add alves, jack, nemeth, weiss, dorrans... still need another cb two mids and a striker with real pace...

While I agree we need this amount of players....where are we honestly getting the funds to support a 10 player swing in 1 transfer window? Especially the players you've mentioned...

Not just in regards with transfer fees but wages!

11 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Wes, Alnwick, Tav, Wilson, Wallace, Holt (sadly), Kranjcar, Rossiter, McKay, Miller, Garner, Dodoo

I reckon they'll be kept on. Every single one of them except the keepers needs improved on this summer though if we're even going to get single digits close to Celtic next year. 

Hopefully he gets the names not mentioned above all the way to fuck. 

Would be happy with those players to stay (except Holt :duh:) add some core to the team and we could really push on I think. 110% from everyone next season from the word go!

The comments about Aberdeen begining a downward spiral are a slight worry.

It's as if we're lining up a statement along the lines of "sorry we didn't have the funds to improve as much as we wanted to. But don't worry Aberdeen are getting worse, so it'll all work out ok"

If we haven't got a sizeable budget for next season I'd rather it went on wages for free transfers, than try to split it between wages and transfer fees.

9 minutes ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

The comments about Aberdeen begining a downward spiral are a slight worry.

It's as if we're lining up a statement along the lines of "sorry we didn't have the funds to improve as much as we wanted to. But don't worry Aberdeen are getting worse, so it'll all work out ok"

If we haven't got a sizeable budget for next season I'd rather it went on wages for free transfers, than try to split it between wages and transfer fees.

That what you think, aye?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That what you think, aye?

Yep. Why goad Aberdeen by telling them they're on the decline, just before we play them. I realise the haven't won at our place in 26 years, but there's no need to give them extra motivation.

Also last summer we brought in 11 players including a fairly hefty fee for Joe Garner. We can't afford to try and stretch our budget so far.

Snap up 5 or 6 good players on free transfers but good wages.

15 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

His emphasis on the Academy concerns me a little, in terms of players coming in. There is nothing to suggest he will be given a big enough budget, and that will be very disappointing if it is indeed the case. It sound's to me we will be told to look to the future blah blah. We need a team of winners now, and I hope those running the club appreciate that. if we don't compete for the title next season I can't see this manager lasting long in the job.

We're always going to have to have an eye on the academy from now on regardless of how many players we sign. We're ultimately going to be a selling club and developing our own talent to sell on to clubs in a bigger and better league is going to be a big part of our strategy going forward. I don't think it means that Pedro is not getting money to spend, or is not going to bring a good few players in to improve the squad to challenge for the title. It's just realism. We can't just think in  the short term imo, it's the same thing we've always done.

12 minutes ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

Yep. Why goad Aberdeen by telling them they're on the decline, just before we play them. I realise the haven't won at our place in 26 years, but there's no need to give them extra motivation.

Also last summer we brought in 11 players including a fairly hefty fee for Joe Garner. We can't afford to try and stretch our budget so far.

You make that sound the easiest thing in the world. We need to buy players, and we need to buy good players and pay them good wages. If we are not attempting to win the title next season then it won't be good enough; we will no way win the title doing it according to your plan.

2 minutes ago, Cumbria_blue said:

We're always going to have to have an eye on the academy from now on regardless of how many players we sign. We're ultimately going to be a selling club and developing our own talent to sell on to clubs in a bigger and better league is going to be a big part of our strategy going forward. I don't think it means that Pedro is not getting money to spend, or is not going to bring a good few players in to improve the squad to challenge for the title. It's just realism. We can't just think in  the short term imo, it's the same thing we've always done.

I'm concerned about the emphasis on it when it's regarding the making of signings; although, I am willing to concede it make have came up because it was topical. We need players now first and foremost, because if we sign mediocre players it may actually harm our development of players ironically.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You make that sound the easiest thing in the world. We need to buy players, and we need to buy good players and pay them good wages. If we are not attempting to win the title next season then it won't be good enough; we will no way win the title doing it according to your plan.

I'm just being realistic (pessimistic?) about the amount of money we'll have and worry that we might spread it too thin.

37 minutes ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

You seem to know a lot about our finances.

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You seem to know a lot about our finances.

Wish I knew more as it seems to me the bulk of the investment next season will be our Season Ticket money.

It would be nice to know that we have other sources of investment. Sadly I am not privy to this information.

42 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Don't get the love in with Weiss and Dorrans.  Two to avoid if you ask me.

I think Dorrans would be a fantastic signing tbh. Weiss not so much, too much money for a glorified Barrie McKay 

1 hour ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

I don't think people truly understand how hard that is

17 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

His emphasis on the Academy concerns me a little, in terms of players coming in. There is nothing to suggest he will be given a big enough budget, and that will be very disappointing if it is indeed the case. It sound's to me we will be told to look to the future blah blah. We need a team of winners now, and I hope those running the club appreciate that. if we don't compete for the title next season I can't see this manager lasting long in the job.

if there had of been a decent budget for the manager he wouldn't have got the gig

17 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think Pedro will suffer from the same problem Warburton suffered from.

Wanted money,

was told there was money,

there is no money.

Common denominator dave king, the liar.

8 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I think Pedro will suffer from the same problem Warburton suffered from.

Wanted money,

was told there was money,

there is no money.

Common denominator dave king, the liar.

I agree up to a point.

Mark Warburton suffered mostly due to being a mongo.

5 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

While I agree we need this amount of players....where are we honestly getting the funds to support a 10 player swing in 1 transfer window? Especially the players you've mentioned...

Not just in regards with transfer fees but wages!

Hear what you are saying. Some of those coming in are going to take a cut. Would be interesting to see what Ryan Jack is on at the moment and what he expects to move for. Also don't think we will get everyone we are looking for this time round. Of the wish list I mentioned we will maybe get 4/5 and that will be it. Which raises a question ... is Pedro being too optimistic/naive in believing what the board tell him about money? We are goosed if he thinks he is going to get X, negotiates on that basis, then gets 10% of X. 

TBH Ithink this was what happened to Warburton to an extent and it's why we ended up with Senderos rather than that guy from the EPL (not Lescott, the other one) who ended up going elsewhere...