Aiden Wilson.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say he was a much better long term prospect than Bates, in football terms he is three years younger than Bates. Ross McCrorie would have been ahead of both of them if he wasn't out on loan.

The three 18 year old's did really well and they are 1999's therefore Under 18 in football terms.

Good to see them progress the same centre back pairing lost four goals in a Development League game against Dundee United in October, so they have make good progress this season.

1 minute ago, Elfideldo said:

I did say he was a much better long term prospect than Bates, but in football terms he is three years younger. Ross McCrorie would have been ahead of both of them if he wasn't out on loan.

The three 18 year old's did really well and in football terms are 1999's therefore Under 18 in football terms.

Good to see them progress the same centre back pairing lost four goals in a Development League game against Dundee United in October, so they have make good progress this season.

Heard we'd tried to get Mccrorie back this week to play tonight but it was k ocked back by authorities.

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

To be expected when they have fuck all midfield in front of them.

Agreed to a point, but they still look lost when anybody gets round the back our runs right at them. 

But they are young lads so as I said hopefully with a couple more years of development he can be our mainstay CB for the next 10 years.  

33 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I thought both of them looked alright, though Wilson was far more comfortable on the ball. They had some hairy moments, but Toral offered no support, and there were points where they went for the keeper's ball as Foderingham wasn't shouting for it. I think they're an improvement on Wilson & Kiernan. 

Main problem is that Miller kept having to come back to try to organise them, giving us less options further up the pitch. That's where someone like Bruno Alves is needed. Even Hill wasn't organising the defence that well; we need a communicator in there - and one who won't stand for shitebags trying to pin the blame on their own fuck ups on the defence. 

Both Bates and Wilson did well, both read the game and stand up to forwards rather than lunging in, Wilson looks the more composed of the pair as Bates seems to lack confidence.  Be happy to play either alongside an experienced CB but no matter who is there they need a midfield to protect them -- was a problem last season, a disaster this season and is still our major issue.

Thought the young lads all did well tonight, put their colleagues to shame by actually taking some responsibility and trying to take us forward. How Wilson hasn't been playing ahead of Bates is a mystery to me, you can feel everyone in the stadium gettting nervous when Bates is anywhere near the ball 

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

In all honesty, I thought all the u-20 kids done well tonight. Showed up the first team "pros". (apart from Bates's inability to pass a ball more than 10 yards.)

Yeah, Bates looks much more comfortable with defensive positioning - in general - and clearing his lines than he does playing the ball. I think he'll only improve so much in that regard; think he'll always be more of an old fashioned centre back. 

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I think we'll just call him Billy!

Billy Wilson :dance:Much better 

Works for me.

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Yeah, Bates looks much more comfortable with defensive positioning - in general - and clearing his lines than he does playing the ball. I think he'll only improve so much in that regard; think he'll always be more of an old fashioned centre back. 

He's the only 6'4" defender I've ever seen that can jump to a height of 6'2" ffs.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Works for me.

He's the only 6'4" defender I've ever seen that can jump to a height of 6'2" ffs.

A bit surreal that he can't get to balls in the air, yet Joe Garner seems to have springs in his boots. 

Aidan Wilson- good friend of my son- they played together at Ardencaple- has never been anything but a Rangers loving fan- level headed, hard working, and respectful. Clearly a prospect who adds value to the Club. Let's not start the "Taigy" insinuations, and instead support and enjoy watching the performances of one of our own. Looking forward to seeing him prosper. It is good to see young talent emerging. Well done to all those who have developed  and coached these young players- both at Auchenhowie and Ardencaple.