Aiden Wilson.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17 May 2017 at 11:24 PM, Elfideldo said:

Ross McCrorie would have been ahead of both of them if he wasn't out on loan.

That's interesting.

I've heard a lot about the McCrorie brothers, but things had gone quiet, so I assumed they had fallen away.

How do you see the situation panning-out when McCrorie returns? We certainly won't be playing with three young centre-backs in Bates, Wilson & McCrorie.

I'd be spewing if I was McCrorie, by the way. Missing out on a first team opportunity due to being out on loan, resulting in a player further down the pecking order getting the nod.

Wilson impressed me. Looked brave. Good in the air. Not afraid of the ball at his feet either. Very vocal as well which is good to see from a CB never mind a young CB.

Wee mention for Bates as well. Reads the game well for his age. Looks coach-able as well because his positioning has improved over the few weeks he's played.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'd be spewing if I was McCrorie, by the way. Missing out on a first team opportunity due to being out on loan, resulting in a player further down the pecking order getting the nod.

All the boys out on loan are probably spewing. Would Thompson and Hardie have been given a game with Pedro in charge? But these are the breaks in life...

5 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

All the boys out on loan are probably spewing. Would Thompson and Hardie have been given a game with Pedro in charge? But these are the breaks in life...

Aye, that's very true. Caixinha may now be of the opinion that Bates are Wilson are ahead of McCrorie in the pecking order.

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

one of the things that has struck me about the young guys that have come in is that physically, they look capable. They dont look like wee boys trying to compete with men.

Aye. Even at 18 Aidan Wilson especially looks like a budding brick shithouse. 

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/next-gen-gers-aidan-wilson/

Slightly short for a centre back, right enough.

5 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Bates and Wilson have taken the opportunity with both hands and fair play to them. McCrorie is young enough to get a chance too. I reckon Thompson and Hardie (and possibly Kelly) may have missed the boat...

Pedro has spoken about us playing in 4 competitions next year so I think he realises he needs a big enough squad but they can't all be guys on 5k+ a week so youngsters will get their chance.

Warburtons approach was to get them game time on loan rather than fleeting appearances in the first team to injury has given bates and Wilson their chance at the back and midfield is just shite but I suspect Warburton would have carried on playing Halliday.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year but Wilson and barjonas both at 18 look like they have a lot of potential.

8 hours ago, Inigo said:

Gary Medel is pretty small and is a good centre back. Young Wilson has done well and looks like a good prospect. Hopefully he'll have good experienced players alongside him when he next gets a run in the team 

8 hours ago, Inigo said:

He's just shy of 6 ft 2 inches, Clint Hill who has been without doubt our best CB this season is 6 ft tall.

15 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

Aidan Wilson- good friend of my son- they played together at Ardencaple- has never been anything but a Rangers loving fan- level headed, hard working, and respectful. Clearly a prospect who adds value to the Club. Let's not start the "Taigy" insinuations, and instead support and enjoy watching the performances of one of our own. Looking forward to seeing him prosper. It is good to see young talent emerging. Well done to all those who have developed  and coached these young players- both at Auchenhowie and Ardencaple.

Aidan is true blue through and through, he lives and breathes Rangers, always has done always will do.

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

still only 18 and he is 5ft 11 -- time still for a wee growth spurt, happy to see him, Bates and Barjonas grab their opportunities -- still reckon Thompson is a player and hope he gets a chance under Pedro.  

Ramos is only 6ft...

This kid is solid btw, very rarely got shoved off the ball and I like the way he defends. Like strikers do to defenders he got in their faces, and really riled them up which resulted in McLean ripping Bates shirt because they were closing them down so quickly and using their bodies, not allowing them to turn or have time to beat them. He defends well and also has a fair leap on him for his height. 

A lot more to come from him and Barjonas 

39 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

still only 18 and he is 5ft 11 -- time still for a wee growth spurt, happy to see him, Bates and Barjonas grab their opportunities -- still reckon Thompson is a player and hope he gets a chance under Pedro.  

40 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

3 hours ago, Jackanory said:

He's just shy of 6 ft 2 inches, Clint Hill who has been without doubt our best CB this season is 6 ft tall.

Wiki is talking shite again then. Says 5'11".

14 hours ago, Inigo said:

Didn't seem to worry Jimmy Millar and he was only 5'6" (1,68m) :pipe: