Season ticket renewals reach record high 35,000

Broxi

Interestingly, King says "all season ticket money will go towards the playing squad". Doesn't 35,000 season tickets (not even final number after public sale) equate to like £15m? I'll believe that when I see it, but hopefully a good chunk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Interestingly, King says "all season ticket money will go towards the playing squad". Doesn't 35,000 season tickets (not even final number after public sale) equate to like £15m? I'll believe that when I see it, but hopefully a good chunk

Think it's about £10m mate, if that.

Our wage bill is about £10m, so will cover that.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

What a fucking support we have, especially after this season.

This. ??

Cant fail to be impressed ~ saddens me to fuck what they've had to endure but when we are back on top where we belong, everyone will know it was the support that deserves all the plaudits. 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think it's about £10m mate, if that.

Our wage bill is about £10m, so will cover that.

Ah, I haven't had a season ticket, I just guessed an average price of £450 because I looked into it last year. But when you add further sales to come it must get close to around £15m. Also it would be a bit misleading to say it's "all being invested into the playing squad" and then use it to cover the existing wage bill. 

Nah, that can't be right. Walking away is the Rangers way - the sheep shaggers said so last night. And if anyone knows about that it's them, given how most of them fucked off and stopped supporting their team for a decade when they were beyond shite. 

Just now, Broxi said:

Ah, I haven't had a season ticket, I just guessed an average price of £450 because I looked into it last year. But when you add further sales to come it must get close to around £15m. Also it would be a bit misleading to say it's "all being invested into the playing squad" and then use it to cover the existing wage bill. 

Got to take VAT off as well. Think the average we get per ticket is about £300 after deductions, might be wrong though.

I don't think it's misleading, it's fairly obvious.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Got to take VAT off as well. Think the average we get per ticket is about £300 after deductions, might be wrong though.

I don't think it's misleading, it's fairly obvious.

That's what I remember the case being just before the shit hit the fan, and tickets are more or less back at those kinds of prices.

20 minutes ago, Broxi said:

the DK way - infer what you want from his comment. He will view it as not misleading you if you decide to take  "investing in the playing squad" doesnt mean the player wage bill

10 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Exactly.. net spend on actual transfer fees will be 3-4 million based on what this board has served up 

is that enough? 

No, not imo 

Depends on the manager and if he can get the best out of the players ... have to say I haven't seen any sign of that so far 

29 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Depends on the manager and if he can get the best out of the players ... have to say I haven't seen any sign of that so far 

No manager would have us winning the league with 3 to 4 million transfer fees

56 minutes ago, Broxi said:

You've answered your own question there!

Dave King and misleading go hand in hand to be honest