Rangers ban daily rhebel

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, The Dude said:

Crazy eh? Someone writes about Rangers and shares it on a Rangers forum. Whatever next?

Here we go again , you are a taig sympathiser who should have been booted off here a long time ago. 

No need for any reply............

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why would I do that? In the four years I've been writing about Rangers, for a variety of places, I've never saw the need to write about a minority of our fans singing. There's plenty already who do so, so there's not much point in duplicating it. As a I said at the very start when I began working with them, a wage is a wage and if people want to offer me more money not to write for them then great, If they don't then tough titty. 

I'd never tell anyone who they should work for nor what line of work is acceptable. I'll do what's best for me and my career. Always find it a bit odd that people think that someone who wants to write about the club and get it out to as many people as possible think that they should turn down an opportunity to do just that for a paper which gives me FAR more visibility than writing for any blog etc. Not to mention the greeting about them "taking over the media" then moaning like fuck when someone makes an effort over a number of years to try provide a more pro-Rangers voice. Then again, it's always easier to snipe at folk online than actually do something. 

Whats your thoughts on the reason the daily record have been banned? Was it justified? In your opinion is there a bias against us from them? If so, what you doing about it? Do you think anybody will take you serious on here knowing you work for the enemy? just curious on your opinion?

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Here we go again , you are a taig sympathiser who should have been booted off here a long time ago. 

No need for any reply............

Do tell me more about me being a 'taig sympathiser'. This should be good for a laugh.

7 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Whats your thoughts on the reason the daily record have been banned? Was it justified? In your opinion is there a bias against us from them? If so, what you doing about it? Do you think anybody will take you serious on here knowing you work for the enemy? just curious on your opinion?

Without getting specifics on who is banned and why, I've no idea. I've emailed someone who works in the office and is an actual employee there to try get some more info ('Im a freelancer who gives them a column once a week and am not employed by the Record or Trinity Mirror).

In terms of if I think there's a bias against us, then no. I do think there are some who have got involved in a petty spat with Traynor & King and have let that seep into their content but I don't think there's any editorial bias against Rangers. If there was, I don't for a second think they would have given me a platform or been looking at some of the ideas we've spoke about for the new season. The stuff that's been proposed we'll do doesn't fit with being something a paper with a bias against the club & support would be doing. 

On here, some folk wont take me seriously anyway regardless of what I do and who I write for while others have publicly and privately congratulated me and regularly make contact with me and praise the stuff I've been doing.

While we're sharing opinions on things, if there IS a bias against Rangers, how would you suggest it's ended? Given the size of Trinity Mirror I'll safely say that the Record isn't likely to go anywhere in the near-medium term (Longer term it may be online only but I expect most papers will go that way) so 'starving them out' isn't likely to work. Maybe getting more pro-Rangers voices in there would be a start?

19 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Totally agree and we even have a wanker that writes for them and posts his shite on here.

He's explained himself numerous times, don't see why it's constantly brought up and believe me I'd be the first to criticise if his writing appeared to be influenced in any way.

I was one of those up in arms about it but at the end of the day I'm currently unemployed and I'd take a job at the DR so can't complain at someone earning a living

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

He's explained himself numerous times, don't see why it's constantly brought up and believe me I'd be the first to criticise if his writing appeared to be influenced in any way.

I was one of those up in arms about it but at the end of the day I'm currently unemployed and I'd take a job at the DR so can't complain at someone earning a living

Each to their own , that papish rag could offer me 10 times what hes getting and they wouldnt get a paragraph .

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

Of the three I've written so far, I don't think anyone can accuse me of writing to toe the party line. Criticised Jackson and his 'ignorance of football beyond Sky & BT' in one, took shots at the 'ridiculous' reaction to Caixinha's appointment in the second and wrote how I expect us to win titles every year and that Celtic's players aren't as good as many think they are.

And aye, at the end of the day, a jobs a job. I'm sure the same folk who moan about me writing there would happily trade places so that their only job was writing about Rangers.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Without getting specifics on who is banned and why, I've no idea. I've emailed someone who works in the office and is an actual employee there to try get some more info ('Im a freelancer who gives them a column once a week and am not employed by the Record or Trinity Mirror).

In terms of if I think there's a bias against us, then no. I do think there are some who have got involved in a petty spat with Traynor & King and have let that seep into their content but I don't think there's any editorial bias against Rangers. If there was, I don't for a second think they would have given me a platform or been looking at some of the ideas we've spoke about for the new season. The stuff that's been proposed we'll do doesn't fit with being something a paper with a bias against the club & support would be doing. 

On here, some folk wont take me seriously anyway regardless of what I do and who I write for while others have publicly and privately congratulated me and regularly make contact with me and praise the stuff I've been doing.

While we're sharing opinions on things, if there IS a bias against Rangers, how would you suggest it's ended? Given the size of Trinity Mirror I'll safely say that the Record isn't likely to go anywhere in the near-medium term (Longer term it may be online only but I expect most papers will go that way) so 'starving them out' isn't likely to work. Maybe getting more pro-Rangers voices in there would be a start?

Good reply I do however disagree about the bias imo, it's obvious Keith Jackson has never got over getting pied for the job Traynor landed with us. The hatred for our club is ripping out the rhebel.  Your free to do as you please of course but if possible could you cut and paste the content you upload instead of providing links as I'm sure the hits on your article won't influence how your viewed by the rhebel but it sure irks us rhebel haters ??

Just now, The Dude said:

And that's exactly why they've "taken over" the media, politics etc.

They are alive because folk still buy and read it online and almost all on this forum , then come on here greetin about what they say.

It should be a blanket ban from the club and the fans and it should be permanent , they need us we dont need them. They will die with no publicity.

Hows yer buddy McCulloch ya taig ?

1 minute ago, bluenose1975 said:

Good reply I do however disagree about the bias imo, it's obvious Keith Jackson has never got over getting pied for the job Traynor landed with us. The hatred for our club is ripping out the rhebel.  Your free to do as you please of course but if possible could you cut and paste the content you upload instead of providing links as I'm sure the hits on your article won't influence how your viewed by the rhebel but it sure irks us rhebel haters ??

The hits on it massively influence how I'm viewed. At the end of the day its a business and if I (and the other fan content) doesnt generate hits and revenue, it gets binned and, regardless of what people may think of me, it's one less Rangers-friendly voice in the MSM. The Jackson stuff is more about a personal tiff with Traynor. Traynor has used L5 to try settle old scores, Jackson has done the same with his column.

Personally, I'd rather fans got behind the various fantastic fan-driven sites and outlets like GTBFO, Rangers Observer, WWTC and created a scenario where external media like the papers are playing catch-up with those guys but, inevitably, those are often shot down as 'blue pound chasers' and we complete the self-defeating cycle.

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

They are alive because folk still buy and read it online and almost all on this forum , then come on here greetin about what they say.

It should be a blanket ban from the club and the fans and it should be permanent , they need us we dont need them. They will die with no publicity.

Hows yer buddy McCulloch ya taig ?

You think the largest newspaper & magazine publishing company in the UK will die because a Scottish football team stops dealing with them? Fuck me, you must live in your own wee fantasy world.

Still upset over a tweet I sent wishing someone congratulations? :mutley:

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You think the largest newspaper & magazine publishing company in the UK will die because a Scottish football team stops dealing with them? Fuck me, you must live in your own wee fantasy world.

Still upset over a tweet I sent wishing someone congratulations? :mutley:

Keep it up taig , u will fuck up big time and eventually get what u deserve.

Enough publicity for you and yer catholic pals now .

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Keep it up taig , u will fuck up big time and eventually get what u deserve.

Enough publicity for you and yer catholic pals now .

And what would that be?

Catholic pals? I must say, Big Lalo is a top cunt. Pedro too.

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No bias? Their piece accusing Rangers fans of using children to hinder the police at the cup final was inexcusable & says all you need to know about that fenian rag.