Posting news articles on Rangers Media

Bad Robot

Posting news articles on Rangers Media   

232 members have voted

1. 1. Our collective response to the Daily Records negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper
  2. 2. We have a dedicated page for articles that constantly portray the club and fans in a negative way

• Yes - one page for the record
    • Yes - one page for all negative publications
    • No - keep them random within the other posts
  3. 3. Our collective response to all other negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

They wouldn't have to look very hard if it was pinned.

It just gives the impression that some posters don't believe that other posters can be trusted to decide for themselves what they read or what links they click on.

Fuck pinning that pish.

Never bought it, wouldn't click on a link to it. It's shite. Can't tell others what to think though.

Yet you are wasting all your energy in a thread about it sounds plausible enough.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ideally it wouldn't be thread after thread in the BD. It would be articles contained within one thread that people would have to go looking for.

But you know that.

It all seems so simple to me, one thread for all negative paper/media stories. One click then copy and paste article. I accept at first it would be a little more work for admin at the start, but surely regular posters would soon post all articles in that thread.

I would add it should be for all papers/media outlets not just the record, because we know they can all have a go at us and alse takes away this idea that we would be giving them their own thread.

Simples. :thumbup:  

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yet you are wasting all your energy in a thread about it sounds plausible enough.

I think I've still but some in reserve... but yes, it is a waste of time and energy. I'll leave you to continue discussing things which definitely won't happen.

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It all seems so simple to me, one thread for all negative paper/media stories. One click then copy and paste article. I accept at first it would be a little more work for admin at the start, but surely regular posters would soon post all articles in that thread.

I would add it should be for all papers/media outlets not just the record, because we know they can all have a go at us and alse takes away this idea that we would be giving them their own thread.

We do seem as a club to leak to the sun now rather than the record if we are letting stories out.

I think I've still but some in reserve... but yes, it is a waste of time and energy. I'll leave you to continue discussing things which definitely won't happen.

I have already said it would not happen yesterday so not new news. Thanks for your input.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

We do seem as a club to leak to the sun now rather than the record if we are letting stories out.

You could be right, but I do not think they are much better than the record with negative stories at times.

My point is just have one pinned thread for all negative articles and while it will probably be the record who provide most of the articles it does not make them any more important than the rest of the wankers.

Having said all that I do not think this will happen anyway, so we are probably wasting our time discussing it.  :pipe:

PS I think the RO is now being used as the get a story out there, so the sun has probably been kicked into touch. :happy:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You could be right, but I do not think they are much better than the record with negative stories at times.

My point is just have one pinned thread for all negative articles and while it will probably be the record who provide most of the articles it does not make them any more important than the rest of the wankers.

Having said all that I do not think this will happen anyway, so we are probably wasting our time discussing it.  :pipe:

PS I think the RO is now being used as the get a story out there, so the sun has probably been kicked into touch. :happy:

True about RO i still think a pinned thread gives them more attention which is not good either.

Just now, Smile said:

True about RO i still think a pinned thread gives them more attention which is not good either.

Pinned threads normally are not seen as much others IMO, it certainly does not work with fund raising or signing petitions etc, but I know where you are coming from. If someone has to look for this 'proposed' thread that may be on page 4 I am sure it will not be used.

I do not see any great number wanting this to happen anyway mate so I think I will just try and ignore this thread until it slips off the first page. :thumbup:

When these tabloids post a positive story then we're all for it being posted on here.  Even if the person who wrote it is a complete wank we get the usual - 'he's a wank but I agree with him on this issue' patter.  If it's a negative story then the article and paper is to be dismissed as agenda driven and inaccurate.  If it's a negative story about Celtic is their efforts to discredit the article or the paper that published it?  Of course not.  The take on any story written depends on the stance of the person reading it who is also biased.

Post the stories as normal and let people form their own opinions as to the content.  As it should be.

I had a quick browse through the Sunday Mail sports section today.

The back page was about them.

As were the first two inside pages.

And also the next two pages.

Guess which team was in the next two pages, yes, them against!

A totally of 7 pages about them. 

Finally on the 8th and 9th pages in from the back there was coverage of another team, Aberdeen!

Their coverage of Rangers was next, 2 pages followed by news from Wimbledon.

I wonder if their owner's The Mirror Group are aware of the blatant bias.

6 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

They wouldn't have to look very hard if it was pinned.

It just gives the impression that some posters don't believe that other posters can be trusted to decide for themselves what they read or what links they click on.

The 2nd biggest shareholder has asked for social media to assist in boycotting this rag.

Some like me want to support that request, others don't, some don't give a fuck.

I've made my views on it quite clear including how I would propose it could be done. It seems the mods or admin disagree.

I think that's a fair enough summary.

Not sure why you appear obtuse, confused, stupid or contrary on the matter.

It's about a boycott, which by the snapshot result quite a few seem to agree with. Fuck all to do with trusting posters and the content if their posts.

6 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Would have no issues however the boycott request is about one specific rag.

20 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would have no issues however the boycott request is about one specific rag.

Understand what you are saying about just the record and C1872 but I think the problem goes deeper than that and would be happy for a thread covering all 'negative' articles by all media. If one of them happened to put out a positive one then it could have a normal thread started. 

I think it is a waste of our time discussing it now anyway, I cannot see it happening.