Posting news articles on Rangers Media

Bad Robot

Posting news articles on Rangers Media   

232 members have voted

1. 1. Our collective response to the Daily Records negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper
  2. 2. We have a dedicated page for articles that constantly portray the club and fans in a negative way

• Yes - one page for the record
    • Yes - one page for all negative publications
    • No - keep them random within the other posts
  3. 3. Our collective response to all other negative publications about us fans and our club

• A complete ban on all things related (links, text etc.)
    • One poster cuts and pastes the text (no links)
    • We post want we want from this paper

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Where do you challenge them? On here? Or do you continually write to the reporter/editor. 

You are challenging fuck all yaking about it on a Rangers forum that's for sure. 

Keeping ourselves in the dark will get us nowhere either tho

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

There's been some discussion on here regarding fans boycotting the record but this is just to see what the consensus is regarding online articles.

The 1st question is just asking about the record.

The 2nd is asking if RM should have a dedicated page for the record or other publications that seem to constantly paint us in a negative light.

The 3rd is about other negative publications as we have the likes of the Herald who employ haters of our club and the Evening Times where their moderators continually allow the comments section be saturated with moon howlers writing negative about our club and fans.

I think all of the above contributed to the constant chipping away at our brand and do believe we need to take a stand.

(I hope the poll comes out ok as I can't re-read what I've written as it's posted from my phone)

How the fuck can we maintain our paranoia and keep the pitchforks sharpened if someone doesn't post and peddle the drivel that passes for journalism. 

My own option is to keep laughing at them all but to many of us bite! 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I voted 2 in all three but to stop people feeling that they cannot post anything, rather than one poster doing this why not just have a place (like the transfer section) for all media negative articles with no links.

I am no fan of C1872 but they do have a point about not financing newspapers who on a daily basis (going by what I read on RM) are writing negative stories about our Club.

The other option is just to carry on as we are at the moment and say fuck them and people just post what the want.

:panic:    :giggidy: 

Or laugh - it's all frivolous pish and laughing at it is ( imho) the only option! 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Where do you challenge them? On here? Or do you continually write to the reporter/editor. 

You are challenging fuck all yaking about it on a Rangers forum that's for sure. 

Of coarse challenging them on a forum for Rangers supporters isn't going to make any difference, by challenging them I mean supporters have got to continually bombard the club with complaints demanding that they reply to innuendo and start to sue publications and individuals who print downright lies about the club and supporters and not just issue banning orders, we as a support IMO. have let numerous boards off the hook in this regard it's way past time that we take the fight to the haters, so instead of whining about one sided news stories to the publications printing them as they couldn't give a fuck about us anyway, let's change direction and take the fight to the board and demand that they fight our corner.

I return to the original point, if we don't read what they print, then how can we demand that the board reply on our behalf.

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Or laugh - it's all frivolous pish and laughing at it is ( imho) the only option! 

That's all fine and well us laughing at them but the problem is they are preaching to the rest of the world, and that is damaging our reputation and brand to not only other team supporters but the general public who know nothing about football or the bias against our club and support and will then think of us as the knuckledraggers.

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Do you ever discuss football and Rangers outwith  this forum?

These articles damage our brand and blacken our name, folk who have never cared about football think Rangers are scum because of the way we are portrayed in the media

I used to think you were just at the wind up but I think you just live in ignorance. This isn't just about a few paranoid fans getting wound up by some daft articles, it's about our club being fair game and our enemies feeling they can write anything they want without fear of consequences 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How the fuck can we maintain our paranoia and keep the pitchforks sharpened if someone doesn't post and peddle the drivel that passes for journalism. 

I want to know what they're writing but don't want to give them anything that makes them money 

We need to know what our enemies are saying. TBH I don't read any papers and I get all my news on here. If someone cuts and pastes the story then we can, if we choose to, read it and not give the paper any clicks.

Keep your friends close but enemies closer and all that. We need to know what they're up to IMO.

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What about making an effot to work towards a unified front in getting behind the message from Club 1872 at a possibly important juncture ?

Spivs and our 'enemies' are the one's who have helped foster, taken advantage of and laughed at the divisions within our support.

33 minutes ago, buster. said:

What about making an effot to work towards a unified front in getting behind the message from Club 1872 at a possibly important juncture ?

Spivs and our 'enemies' are the one's who have helped foster, taken advantage of and laughed at the divisions within our support.

Lol now we get behind Club 1872 - many had them down as charlatans only days ago - just don't buy MSM - and laugh at any shite they spout that you come across - or man the pitchforks if ye like. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

We should laugh at some of it, but we need to keep our enemies under surveillance as well IMO.   :thumbup:

.... yep but treating the warped ramblings of either the MSM or warped fan groups is to give them a credibility they don't warrant - so I chose to treat them with the   Distain they deserve 

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Do you ever discuss football and Rangers outwith  this forum?

These articles damage our brand and blacken our name, folk who have never cared about football think Rangers are scum because of the way we are portrayed in the media

I used to think you were just at the wind up but I think you just live in ignorance. This isn't just about a few paranoid fans getting wound up by some daft articles, it's about our club being fair game and our enemies feeling they can write anything they want without fear of consequences 

Your post is the kinda paranoid drivel that we used to laugh at  When they spouted it - and so I say :lol: to you as well. You give them and the MSM far more credibility than they deserve by treating the shite they write as any way serious. 

Guest Lloyd72

I don't post links with any of the articles I copy and paste to here now (Unless it's from Rangers or a Rangers fans blog) because fuck giving them any hits to their site, that's how it should be imo.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... yep but treating the warped ramblings of either the MSM or warped fan groups is to give them a credibility they don't warrant - so I chose to treat them with the   Distain they deserve 

I have never been a fan of C1872 but I agree with not buying papers (which I have not done in years) and these fucking clicks that seems a bit like monopoly money. :winnings:

I still think we should know what they are publishing about our Club, and we will just have to agree to disagree on it old chap. :happy:

I thought @jintybear had a good post a bit up this page and put it better across than I am doing.