Time To Back The Manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bears said:

Calling for his head before he's had a few games with his full squad is never going to help anyone get the job done right. Or help us find a replacement who thinks he'll be given a chance to succeed either.

I was calling for his head last season and prayed the board admitted they made a mistake and sacked him in mayĀ 

Personally, it is only a personal opinion, i will give him until the end of September before I start throwing my toys out the pram or saying he is right for us. That is enough time for the players to gel and if he hasn't by then he never will.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

No manager at Rangers will ever succeed without the vast majorityĀ of the fans backing them.

Sadly a large number have already made upĀ their mind and don't want him to get another game. I just get the feeling he could win the first 4 matches and many will still want him gone.

Trouble is, we probably aren't going to win our first 4 matches and any dropped points will only increase the clamour.

Good post .Ā 

If you lookĀ at guys like Souness ( who lost his first two league games ) and Advocaat ( who won 3 of his first 7 league games ) then you realise how difficult it is as a new manager .Ā 

I think the danger is with the way things are right now with a lot of folk calling for his head Ā , is PC not being able to express himself and play a damage limitation game in fear of defeat . It's probably the worst thing he could do ,Ā Ā but when you're under pressure it's probably a natural instinct .Ā 

Thats why it's important to back him ,Ā show patience , let him play his game and see how we stand at Christmas orĀ over the course of the season .Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Good post .Ā 

If you lookĀ at guys like Souness ( who lost his first two league games ) and Advocaat ( who won 3 of his first 7 league games ) then you realise how difficult it is as a new manager .Ā 

I think the danger is with the way things are right now with a lot of folk calling for his head Ā , is PC not being able to express himself and play a damage limitation game in fear of defeat . It's probably the worst thing he could do ,Ā Ā but when you're under pressure it's probably a natural instinct .Ā 

Thats why it's important to back him ,Ā show patience , let him play his game and see how we stand at Christmas orĀ over the course of the season .Ā 

Ā 

Souness had pedigree as a player and this is before 9 in a row, where we had finished 5th the previous season. We were rubbish and things could only get better.

Advocaat had pedigree as a manager.Ā 

This no mark has nothing to his name.

"There is nothing to be shocked or alarmed ā€“ if the team was not producing or the team was not playing or giving the philosophy we want from them, then I would be worried."

Well i'm worried because the philosophy doesn't seem to exist.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Souness had pedigree as a player and this is before 9 in a row, where we had finished 5th the previous season. We were rubbish and things could only get better.

Advocaat had pedigree as a manager.Ā 

This no mark has nothing to his name.

"There is nothing to be shocked or alarmed ā€“ if the team was not producing or the team was not playing or giving the philosophy we want from them, then I would be worried."

Well i'm worried because the philosophy doesn't seem to exist.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The point is Souness and Advocaat were under no pressure after a slow start . They could carry on playing the way they envisaged , and , ultimately played some of the best football I've seen Rangers play . I just hope we let PC do the same and not add to the pressure . The job is hard enough without his own support being on his back from the very off of the league campaign .Ā 

Ā 

We've been fed a lot of lines about his 'character' - he has a great opportunity to show us his character at the start of this season.

Being honest, the majority of Scottish football think he's a joke. I'd like him to prove them wrong.

All he has to do is get the team to (his own words) 'win, win, win' and he's bound to get a very high level of support from the Support. Ā 

He knows what he has to do.Ā  He knows the Luxembourg result was disastrous.Ā  He must surely know he is already under self-inflicted big pressure from a fair bit of the Support who have backed off from any sort of strong optimism about him despite the summer signings. Ā Ā  Quite where King and the Directors stand in terms of supporting him and giving him time is another matter........surely they must fear another wasted season if he turns out to be all talk and no delivery despite the backing to get him is chosen first choice players.Ā 

He'll find out very quickly if early league results fall short of wins that it serves the Support - and maybe even some Directors - to search for a lightning conductor through which the Support's anger can be narrowly discharged. Ā Ā  He's seen this after Luxembourg and is already using defensive language after failing to score in the St.J friendly of there being nothing to be shocked or alarmed about and asserting that goals will come. Ā  He accepted full responsibility for the shocking EL result but nothing else has happened to turn that admission of responsibility into accountability. Ā  A poor start to the league season, if that happens, would also be his responsibility and there is no way he could not be held accountable. Ā Ā 

So far, imo, he's not done a good job of fighting important battles (the OF game, the Aberdeen game at Ibrox, and Luxembourg part timers). Ā  So his stock in terms of backing from my pov is nil right now.Ā  Whether he can do a good job of fighting a good and respectable campaign for the league title is up for grabs and to be seen. Ā  All he has to do is deliver on his own words of 'win, win, win'.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I'll back him when he deserves my backing.

two of the worst defeats in our history under him and a 26 year undefeated record throwing away in the blink of an eye. Ā He deserves every bit of criticism coming his way right now.Ā 

Warburton's team, needs time, experimenting etc etc

We can't just decide to back the manager, we need evidence to see that we're not wasting our time and energy supporting someone who will ultimately do the club harm.

He's made his job a good bit harder for himself so farĀ and he either has a cracking poker face or he's just oblivious to the magnitude of the job.

Im still holding out some hope for him on the strength of certain signings from this window and despite the shite results so far I have seen some improvements in the teams playing, that's honestly as generous as I can be to him.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

We will struggle under this manager and he will be out before the season ends. He's been here a while yet and I've still to see a Plan to take us Forward.

I amĀ hoping he is a success but fear the worst.

Who in our country had ever heard of him before King made him our manager ? The guy is a fraud and King has made one helluva fuck up here !

After the game against Progres I'd lost all my optimism and hope for the new season... but the way Pedro is building the team and bringing in the right type of players like Alves, Dorrans and Jack is making hopeful that he will turn things around. If we can build a solid back line and become hard to beat, then we have a chance to start challenging again.

Ā 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Some cunt want to check that hell hasn't frozen over?

Where the fuck have you been? You do know I met with Dave and he assured me everything would be ok.Ā 

I was impressed and very assured with what he had to say.

He even winked at me and smiled when we shook hands as IĀ was saying my goodbye's.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Ā 

Where the fuck have you been? You do know I met with Dave and he assured me everything would be ok.Ā 

I was impressed and very assured with what he had to say.

He even winked at me and smiled when we shook hands as IĀ was saying my goodbye's.

Ā 

I've been a busy Dude working on a few things for the coming season.

19 minutes ago, Mazy74 said:

Who in our country had ever heard of him before King made him our manager ? The guy is a fraud and King has made one helluva fuck up here !

If he goes as a failure, one thing you can be sure of isĀ that King will be first to tell us he wasn't his choice. He'll be out front washing his hands of the appointment.

If I was to look at his record the obvious thing that stands out is not only the number of clubs he has been involved with, some of which are good clubs, but that he doesn't appear to have been with anyone more than two years. That said, even JoseĀ Mourinho hasn't been with anyone longer than three, so it might be a standard thing with managers in the continent to be with a club a short time and do some sort of specific job, and then leave. His record suggests that even if he was successful he would be here for a relatively brief period.

I'm not going to boo him or anything but for me he's nowhere near good enough.

The manager is the most important employee in the club. Players can flourish or stagnate depending on hisĀ attributes. A clear example is Delia/Rodgers.Ā 

Rodgers is on big money - allegedly around 3m a year but i consider that an investment because all he has to do is to develop/improve one player and flog him to the prem - Delia couldnt, he can. I dont think Pedro can either.Ā 

Mcinnes orĀ Moyes for meĀ 

He's had our backing and will continue to get it. But if he can't get this team winning games and trophies quick he better be ready to resign. He's done nothing so far to give us confidence in his ability. The upcoming friendlies will show if he is heading in the right direction. Defeats I can take. Any more downright embarrassing performances I can'tĀ