Were we really as bad as people are making out today

lewisrfc93

6 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Please don't tell me Beaton is the reason the taigs skelped us 5-1?

Ffs go and sit with your beggar mates 

Not that is mattered but he gave us fuck all that day either 

I bet you are one of these guys that beat your chest and say " I'm not behaving like a beggar .Fuck that .

Refs make honest mistakes... ..It does my head in .All that garbage 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Thought he was fairly poor today to be honest, looked off the pace.

He's 35 remember. I said that at the time and folk were saying he was still quick etc. But his age and lengthy career will have an impact.

We were down to 10 men, with:

37 yo Kenny Miller

35 yo Bruno Alves

a five a side player on for the second half (pena)

Herrera who's slower than a week in the jail

What chance did we really have? 

As soon as we lost the first goal the heads all dropped, we started with a great tempo but when Miller stepped over the ball and morales didn't read it (30yards from hibs goal) all of a sudden Murray was one on one with cardoso who defended like a novice, there was no cover from the midfield at all, from that point we lost all momentum and struggled from then on, really worrying going forward for this season as we showed no urgency from then on, also thought we fell right into lennons trap he clearly sent them out to wind us up, and he succeeded, we were very nieave. 

I don't think we were that bad at all.

Foderingham was shite.

Cardoso looked like he shat it a bit in all honesty after the sending off.

Hodson was a liability until he was replaced by Wilson.

Miller was hopeless.

Other than that I thought we played well until the sending off and then the ref giving a foul every time one of our players put a tackle in.

I was shocked at how bad we were. 

We were just punting the ball from back to front like mugs.  Hibs took control of the midfield, passed the ball around, and pressed high to get it back.  We were bossed.  Hibs had better midfielders than us, and better tactics.  Wrap your head around that.

During the second half our midfield four included Windass, Miller, and Tavernier who proved last season that they lack the ability and fight needed to take this team forward.  We've begun this season with the exact same group of clowns in there.  If we don't get a couple of quality midfielders in we're doing fuck all this season. 

Afraid I thought we were, when it went 1 all I thought we totally collapsed and at times it was embarrassing. Stokes was obviously told by the reptile to wind up as many players as he could and we bit, I know he should have been sent off but players should know what h's like. Been singing the praises of Cardoso but afraid yesterday he had a howler, in fact I'm struggling to think of a player I'd give pass marks to. Pedro too comes in for criticism, don't understand his substitutes, tells us Pena's 7 to 10 days away then puts him on when our backs are to the wall, puts Herrerra on and starts playing the high ball , now McGregor's not a very good players but this was food and drink to him.

Aye a poor day for us all but lets hope we learn from it -, just a pity it had to be against that wee reptile Lennon - oh on a positive note heard Pedro on the radio some dick from the media asked him something that happened with Lennon, the reporter said he saw it, Pedros answer - if you saw it print it don't ask me about what you saw then blame me 

No we weren't that bad but not nearly good enough.

We started well.

But gave away a very cheap goal, comical defending.

Tactics were shit when down to 10 men allowing them to totally dominate.

If it had stayed 11 vs 11 or 10 vs 10 then who knows, game could of went either way.

We badly need a couple of new players. A left midfield/winger and a quality forward. Miller and Windass can be decent impact subs.

10 hours ago, danger ranger said:

The full backs problem is still present, the midfield still keeps getting overrun and the forward line is poor, could be talking about last season.

looking like we are playing good for the first 20 when games last 90 minutes.

He brings in a quality player in Alves and surrounds him with average players ain't going to cut it, a bit like last season.

So Cardoso, Jack and Dorrans are average? 

14 minutes ago, five stars said:

No we weren't that bad but not nearly good enough.

We started well.

But gave away a very cheap goal, comical defending.

Tactics were shit when down to 10 men allowing them to totally dominate.

If it had stayed 11 vs 11 or 10 vs 10 then who knows, game could of went either way.

We badly need a couple of new players. A left midfield/winger and a quality forward. Miller and Windass can be decent impact subs.

Bang on.

A couple of years ago I travelled up to Edinburugh and watched us beat Hibs 6-2 in the Petrofac Cup.  It was Warburton's first game in charge and we dominated them.

Two years later and I think we've actually gotten worse while Hibs are now a better team than us.  How did that happen?  Totally disilusioned.

Just now, EastEnclosureBear said:

Better team before they scored then Hibs grew confidence from that, the sending off completely changed it. We looked all over the shop after that. 

I still think we should have took KM off, and went 4-4-1 with Rossiter to just to steady the ship. 

Agreed with Rossiter on we woukdve had a chance to win the midfield battle and then start playing.  Lumping high balls to Herrera was bread and butter to McGregor. 

A lot of opinion seems to flip flop game to game.

To generalise on here.....

Pre-season....excitement due to transfer activity.

European ties.....every player and the manager should be hung drawn and quartered.

Couple of good pre-season results followed by Motherwell and Dunfermline....excitement back, Pedros plan coming together, promising season ahead.

Hibs.....the end is nigh.

We need to stop over reacting game by game. We haven't won or lost anything yet. Critical analysis is fine but let's keep it in perspective. 

Had time to calm down but I'm still hurting from yesterday. Still think we were poor. We started brilliantly but you can't keep that pace going for 90 minutes. 

Both league games so far, when the game starts to settle down a bit we've failed to take control of the game and build on our good starts. It's all well and good putting teams on the back foot with early pressure but we need to be able to dictate the pace of the game and not let teams back into it after the frantic start. At the minute we're falling away 20 minutes into matches

22 minutes ago, rblair92 said:

Had time to calm down but I'm still hurting from yesterday. Still think we were poor. We started brilliantly but you can't keep that pace going for 90 minutes. 

Both league games so far, when the game starts to settle down a bit we've failed to take control of the game and build on our good starts. It's all well and good putting teams on the back foot with early pressure but we need to be able to dictate the pace of the game and not let teams back into it after the frantic start. At the minute we're falling away 20 minutes into matches

The team showed a lot of discipline after the sending off; the match could have become chaotic than it did. We kept our shape for much of the time, and if we had managed to get a goal back when we were 2-1 down then who knows. We had the better players, which we couldn't really say last season, and we will get better.  A few more good signings could help this team, in terms of better depth.

11 hours ago, danger ranger said:

The full backs problem is still present, the midfield still keeps getting overrun and the forward line is poor, could be talking about last season.

looking like we are playing good for the first 20 when games last 90 minutes.

He brings in a quality player in Alves and surrounds him with average players ain't going to cut it, a bit like last season.

Basically we are shite ...another season of mediocrity looms ! 

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

I thought we were poor all over the Park after 15 minutes and struggled to contain hibs our substitutions second half were a joke.

I watched it back this morning on RTV, as I thought it was maybe the bevy and blue tinted specs clouding my judgement.

We were great in the first 15-20. And should have been 2-0 ahead, with Stokes off the park. 

They scored and came back into it, but it wasn't as if we were really struggling when Jack was inexplicably sent off. I don't doubt we'd have gone ahead and won it if he was still on the park. 

On another day Stokes, McGeoch and McGregor could / should have been off the park too. 

I disagreed with the subs, but it was the ref that won them that game. 

The performance when down to 10 men is an indication of the managers tactical awareness.

He didn't galvanise the midfield when it's management for dummies to sacrifice a striker for the defensive position to be filled and then formulate your plan from there.

In regards to the ref I remember him having a stinker when we played Hamilton at Ibrox. Think it was a cup game, Wes handled outside the box, Garner toe punted Imrie right in the ring piece and a few other decisions that were questionable. Either way if he was trying to rectify those mistakes or genuinely made yesterdays decisions on what he saw he has to go.

Total ineptitude and a clear lack of refereeing skill and common sense.

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The team showed a lot of discipline after the sending off; that mach could have become chaotic than it did. We kept our shape for much of the match, and if we had managed to get a goal back when we were 2-1 down then who knows. We had the better players, which we couldn't really say last season, and we will get better.  A few more good signings could help this team, in terms of better depth.

Surely we can't be happy with sitting in and damage limitation at home to Hibs? Obviously if we got a goal things would have been different, but we didn't and we didn't really look like scoring. 

You're right we've got better players and I don't think we need to be panicking about the season yet, we will get better. But for the first two games, opening 20 minutes aside, we haven't looked like the better team. Even before the red card the game was evening out yesterday. 

We've started brilliantly both games but we need to take our chances to put the game to bed. Then when the pace does settle down we need to show we've got the better players and dictate the play. So far we haven't done that. 

There has been some overreaction. We dont need to write the season off, I think we'll comfortably finish above Hibs and Aberdeen and push Celtic much closer than last year. But solely focussing on yesterday as one match, it was a bad result with or without a red card. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I watched it back this morning on RTV, as I thought it was maybe the bevy and blue tinted specs clouding my judgement.

We were great in the first 15-20. And should have been 2-0 ahead, with Stokes off the park. 

They scored and came back into it, but it wasn't as if we were really struggling when Jack was inexplicably sent off. I don't doubt we'd have gone ahead and won it if he was still on the park. 

On another day Stokes, McGeoch and McGregor could / should have been off the park too. 

I disagreed with the subs, but it was the ref that won them that game. 

I think last ten or 15 minutes we could have beaten them once the Ginger Clown upfront went off they really struggled but we played too many long balls, Long balls are great if they are accurate Like Wilson for Tavs goal, but too many were just aimless punts.

2 minutes ago, rblair92 said:

Surely we can't be happy with sitting in and damage limitation at home to Hibs? Obviously if we got a goal things would have been different, but we didn't and we didn't really look like scoring. 

You're right we've got better players and I don't think we need to be panicking about the season yet, we will get better. But for the first two games, opening 20 minutes aside, we haven't looked like the better team. Even before the red card the game was evening out yesterday. 

We've started brilliantly both games but we need to take our chances to put the game to bed. Then when the pace does settle down we need to show we've got the better players and dictate the play. So far we haven't done that. 

There has been some overreaction. We dont need to write the season off, I think we'll comfortably finish above Hibs and Aberdeen and push Celtic much closer than last year. But solely focussing on yesterday as one match, it was a bad result with or without a red card. 

Of course I'm not, but we had to be pragmatic, and we were pragmatic. Had we equalised through Cardoso finding a better header then who knows how the game would have went; but within our play we had to be conservative about how we went about things. We even nearly equalised for 3-3 at the end. I agree, we need to take our chances when we have them; especially early on for a more commanding lead.