Ryan Hardie

stewaj3

What was the point in all the hype from pedro, plus letting him do the pre match conference to not even put him on the bench. Sends out the wrong message to the kid.

I'm not even his biggest fan and I don't think he will make it here, but if your gonna give the kid encouragement, back it up and show that you mean it

Maybe its just me, but I find it a strange call irrespective of what the score ends up today.

• 3 months later...

This lad's time with us is evidently over.

Trailing St J at home and he still can't get a sniff. Has got to watch Niko and Herrera getting their opportunity which they fucked up yet again.

Whilst he's no world beater, he can be a decent finisher and surely  has to offer more than Herrera up front. Tbh I think I did as much as him from my seat in the enclosure.

We'd honestly be as well not having him in the squad if he isn't going to ever get tne chance. Which given that atrocity today is fucking baffling.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

This lad's time with us is evidently over.

Trailing St J at home and he still can't get a sniff. Has got to watch Niko and Herrera getting their opportunity which they fucked up yet again.

Whilst he's no world beater, he can be a decent finisher and surely  has to offer more than Herrera up front. Tbh I think I did as much as him from my seat in the enclosure.

We'd honestly be as well not having him in the squad if he isn't going to ever get tne chance. Which given that atrocity today is fucking baffling.

The 2 run outs I’ve seen for him this season have both included a stick on chance from 8 yards out.

Instead of sweeping them home, he took an extra touch, which led to him being blocked out.

I don’t blame him for wanting to make sure but anybody with any instinct would have clattered both chances away.

Anyone who’s watched our league for more than a minute knows that every split second you take means an extra opponent behind the ball.

The first opportunity you get is likely to be the only opportunity you get.

Unfortunately, Ryan’s blown his.

Even more unfortunately, by trying to do the ‘right thing’ & make sure.

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

The 2 run outs I’ve seen for him this season have both included a stick on chance from 8 yards out.

Instead of sweeping them home, he took an extra touch, which led to him being blocked out.

I don’t blame him for wanting to make sure but anybody with any instinct would have clattered both chances away.

Anyone who’s watched our league for more than a minute knows that every split second you take means an extra opponent behind the ball.

Seems to be a massive problem for our squad.

Every time they should be firing the ball into the box, or taking on the shot, they always take another touch, it's been the same for a number of years now.

I don’t think he will make it. 

Hes banged in goals in the youth teams and when out on loan but if the manager of the youth team doesn’t pick you when it’s obvious we need another striker, or eve bring you on when winning 3-0 until the 86th minute, what chance have you got?

If Murty is determined to play his diamond in midfield and 2 upfront, why not play him with Morelos and then out Windass at CAM?

24 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's pish tbh.

I'm not even arguing he's great. I think he'll be ok for a mid to lower all team.

I just don't get why we have a bench filler as a forward but he can't get a chance. I get that there will be squad fillers, but bench fillers that are strikers?

Herrera has started games and been given far more minutes and offers so little. Hardie is the only forward not given any sort of opportunity other than typically at the end of games where the game is fizzling out.

If he's the best we've got as a back up striker (that can't be relied upon) I guess it shows how little talent there is up front in the development squad that no one can take his squad place.

Seems a real strange one, I don't think he'd get a place on the bench if Murty didn't rate him at all, I just don't think that after yesterday there's any scenario where he will get a start or even say 45 mins. Yesterday probably was the best scenario for it yet Niko and Herrera deemed better options.

1 hour ago, Sid2103 said:

Seems to be a massive problem for our squad.

Every time they should be firing the ball into the box, or taking on the shot, they always take another touch, it's been the same for a number of years now.

I understand them wanting to make sure - unfortunately, they end up making harder a lot of the time.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm not even arguing he's great. I think he'll be ok for a mid to lower all team.

I just don't get why we have a bench filler as a forward but he can't get a chance. I get that there will be squad fillers, but bench fillers that are strikers?

Herrera has started games and been given far more minutes and offers so little. Hardie is the only forward not given any sort of opportunity other than typically at the end of games where the game is fizzling out.

If he's the best we've got as a back up striker (that can't be relied upon) I guess it shows how little talent there is up front in the development squad that no one can take his squad place.

Seems a real strange one, I don't think he'd get a place on the bench if Murty didn't rate him at all, I just don't think that after yesterday there's any scenario where he will get a start or even say 45 mins. Yesterday probably was the best scenario for it yet Niko and Herrera deemed better options.

I'd agree with him being ok for a lesser team. I've just never seen anything from him to suggest he's capable of making it here. Even when he's went out on loan he's never appeared to be anything better than average.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd agree with him being ok for a lesser team. I've just never seen anything from him to suggest he's capable of making it here. Even when he's went out on loan he's never appeared to be anything better than average.

So why would the guy who knows him best have him on the bench? Surely those should be options to turn to that offer something. If not, why bother.  And if not, is there nothing better in the club that then should be in the squad or on a bench.

We've got a hell of a lot of teams at Rangers at youth / development levels to have not a single forward that offers more than one that can't be relied upon when we're two and three one down at home to st Johnstone.

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Got to take his chance when he's on and he doesnt. He's not playing because he's not good enough, and any cunt who's not good enough to get into this shite team shouldn't be at the club.