Messi might miss world cup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Definitely something wrong with the qualifying system that you get 3 qualifiers and 1 in the playoffs from a 6 team group?

Should put them in with the South Americans not great when Chile go out and shite like Panama qualify,should be an Americas qualify group 

15 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

44th  hat trick , aye he's shite for the national team.

Will be a long time if ever that the world sees a player like this again, easily the greatest of all time.

Certainly one of the best in last 25 years .

The world cup will be a better place with him .

He is class , deadly and although he gives beggars lip service . An unbelievably amazing footballer in all departments

My support will always be for the great whites .  However it would be churlish to say he wasn't a genius in football terms

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Certainly one of the best in last 25 years .

The world cup will be a better place with him .

He is class , deadly and although he gives beggars lip service . An unbelievably amazing footballer in all departments

My support will always be for the great whites .  However it would be churlish to say he wasn't a genius in football terms

One of the best in last 25 years.

You are at the windup eejay , the closest anyone has got to him is Pele and Maradona. He has eclipsed them and any records they held years ago. In the last 25 years no one in the game has come close to these two never mind Messi.

9 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

One of the best in last 25 years.

You are at the windup eejay , the closest anyone has got to him is Pele and Maradona. He has eclipsed them and any records they held years ago. In the last 25 years no one in the game has come close to these two never mind Messi.

I can get what your saying mate but I'm a big fan of Madrid 

I was there when they last beat Barca .What a night 

It's hard to argue with anyone over who the best is mate .Ronaldo has done just as much .Pele was before my time although a 1000 goals surely says something 

Messi is genius on a football pitch .No doubts but he is human .Seen him have stinkers like the best of them .Just not that many ?   

Never miss Barca games and been to many and i have never see him having a stinker , sure he has quieter games at times but even they games he has 3/4 pieces of magic most players only do on playstation.

Tore Madrid a new one many many times over the years too.

Pele never played at the top level , Messi has been since he was 17

42 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Does playing in four World Cups , including two winning finals (one involving arguably the best international side of all time ) not count ?  I'll agree that a lot of Pele's football and goals came at a lower level than Messi ,who is the best footballer in modern times , but to say he never played at the top level undermines any argument you make .

55 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Does playing in four World Cups , including two winning finals (one involving arguably the best international side of all time ) not count ?  I'll agree that a lot of Pele's football and goals came at a lower level than Messi ,who is the best footballer in modern times , but to say he never played at the top level undermines any argument you make .

In League football he never played against anywhere near the level Messi has.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Never miss Barca games and been to many and i have never see him having a stinker , sure he has quieter games at times but even they games he has 3/4 pieces of magic most players only do on playstation.

Tore Madrid a new one many many times over the years too.

Hes had stinkers. Remember last years first leg against PSG, Rabiot never gave him a kick. The only night ive saw him in the flesh was at ibrox and he didn't do much, remember that? The night he took the huff and accused of us of anti football. His bad games are extremely few and far between but hes had them.

Messi is the finest I have seen, Maradona and Pele of a level. I would never be so arrogant to suggest he is better than; Puskas, Di Stefano etc because I never saw them play. Even Pele was at the late stages of his career. There are others that were epic, cruyff, Zidane, etc but never had the impact on me that the first three have had on me. 

Of the most recent generations both Ronaldo's were/are brilliant with the original the best.

On 10/12/2017 at 21:05, sassaaaa said:

In League football he never played against anywhere near the level Messi has.

just a wee thing to remember re pele (santos for 18 years) and other great players like zico (most career with flamengo) , garincha (whole career in brazil) etc

The Intercontinental Cup was an association football club competition contested annually from 1960 to 2004 between the winners of the European Cup and the South American Copa Libertadores. (before club world cup) - Argentinian clubs won the most cups, with nine trophies among them; Italian clubs won the second most (seven), and Brazilian teams are third with six victories. The most successful confederation is CONMEBOL, teams representing the confederation have won the competition 22 times and been runners-up 21 times. Teams representing the European football confederation UEFA have won the competition 21 times and been runners-up 22 times

Up to the mid 90's the south americans won roughly 20 out of the first 30.  About this time you started to get an influx of south americans coming to europe (not that many before) which weakened their own leagues, allowing the european teams to catch up and eventually overtake.

Point being, to say Pele etc. never played against anyone anywhere near the level Messi has is not really true. 

And one more thing a lot of people forget - football has changed so much to the point you can barely touch anyone now it's a red card.  Maradona etc were kicked to fuck every game and took it - don't know if messi, ronaldo etc would be able to.

Maradona the GOAT for me

2 hours ago, moody blue 1972 said:

just a wee thing to remember re pele (santos for 18 years) and other great players like zico (most career with flamengo) , garincha (whole career in brazil) etc

The Intercontinental Cup was an association football club competition contested annually from 1960 to 2004 between the winners of the European Cup and the South American Copa Libertadores. (before club world cup) - Argentinian clubs won the most cups, with nine trophies among them; Italian clubs won the second most (seven), and Brazilian teams are third with six victories. The most successful confederation is CONMEBOL, teams representing the confederation have won the competition 22 times and been runners-up 21 times. Teams representing the European football confederation UEFA have won the competition 21 times and been runners-up 22 times

Up to the mid 90's the south americans won roughly 20 out of the first 30.  About this time you started to get an influx of south americans coming to europe (not that many before) which weakened their own leagues, allowing the european teams to catch up and eventually overtake.

Point being, to say Pele etc. never played against anyone anywhere near the level Messi has is not really true. 

And one more thing a lot of people forget - football has changed so much to the point you can barely touch anyone now it's a red card.  Maradona etc were kicked to fuck every game and took it - don't know if messi, ronaldo etc would be able to.

Maradona the GOAT for me

You obviously dont watch Messi much , he gets booted all over the place every match, difference is he doesnt roll over 20 times every time it happens the way Maradona did. He passed all Maradonas records years ago , he also done it all without drugs.

3 hours ago, moody blue 1972 said:

Maradona the GOAT for me

So that’s what GOATs username is all about.