Nations League

Siam69

International breaks are boring as fuck, even with my wee country doing relatively well.

This is what @Terry Hurlock Loyal has mentioned a few times.

England in the top group, we're in group B with the Republic :bangbang: and Wales

Scotland in group C

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41580638

The draw in January, first games September next year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I've read that article about 4 times, and still have no fucking idea what's going on...

I think, and I mean only think, in groups B,C&D, the top team gets 'promoted' to the higher group, bottom goes down. though not sure where with D.

The top 4 teams in group A get automatic entry to the Euro finals.

Fuck knows what this means for the 'proper' Euro qualifying.

3 hours ago, Siam69 said:

I think, and I mean only think, in groups B,C&D, the top team gets 'promoted' to the higher group, bottom goes down. though not sure where with D.

The top 4 teams in group A get automatic entry to the Euro finals.

Fuck knows what this means for the 'proper' Euro qualifying.

The 4 top teams in league A playoff to see who is the best. I also think that playoff winner gets onr spot at euros as the other 3 leagues each get one winner in euros. That's what I took it as. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Says one of the bottom sixteen rated nations guaranteed a place at Euros? what a load of shite want to watch the best players and best teams not fucking Latvia Malta or some other absolute shite,what a farce.

Seems ridiculous. The lowest ranked of the third tier nations will be gutted they aren't in the lowest division. The lower the division you're in the easier the chance you have of winning it.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Seems ridiculous. The lowest ranked of the third tier nations will be gutted they aren't in the lowest division. The lower the division you're in the easier the chance you have of winning it.

It's a farce mate surely a fairer way would've been the overall winner of each section gets a place,but that would other lesser probably undeserving nations getting there though,the whole set ups a joke probably thought up to try and drum up some interest in dying international football.

It's quite simple format, I actually think it is a good idea, friendlies at club and national levels are a waste of time mostly. So at least this brings in a competitive element to the calendar. I found this infographic explains the format better then the above article.

Oops, wrong post and I can't wipe it from my post!!! Probably makes just as much sense really!

2406558_w1.jpg

2406556_w1.jpg

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

The 4 top teams in league A playoff to see who is the best. I also think that playoff winner gets onr spot at euros as the other 3 leagues each get one winner in euros. That's what I took it as. 

Sounds even worse than what i thought.

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's quite simple format, I actually think it is a good idea, friendlies at club and national levels are a waste of time mostly. So at least this brings in a competitive element to the calendar. I found this infographic explains the format better then the above article.

Oops, wrong post and I can't wipe it from my post!!! Probably makes just as much sense really!

2406558_w1.jpg

2406556_w1.jpg

:lol:

THIS IS CENTRAL CONTROL

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

When they released the format a month or so ago they had that graphic and an explanation and I read it about 6 times and still couldn't work it out.

Reminds me of when you look at Scottish football fixtures from the 60s and they have decided to have a 'Supplementary League Cup' :lol: 

Or if someone asks about the SPL split:duh:

Im not sure they have thought this through - who wants to go and see scotland play Hungary, Romania,  Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Albania, Norway, Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Cyprus, Estonia or Lithuania.

Glamour internationals are what internationals are all about. This is not glamorous - at all

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Im not sure they have thought this through - who wants to go and see scotland play Hungary, Romania,  Slovenia, Greece, Serbia, Albania, Norway, Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Cyprus, Estonia or Lithuania.

Glamour internationals are what internationals are all about. This is not glamorous - at all

Still better than friendlies, which it is supposed to replace. 

Im looking forward to this as it gives countries like the Faroes more evenly matched teams to play against.