Tom Miller interview - The Rangers Observer

Lloyd

44 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Wee Tam is a legend. Christ knows why such  a good Rangers man gets so much grief on here. 

Exactly, don't know what his commentary is like cause I'm at the games but we are the worst fans in the world at slagging one of our own. Who cares if he's hopeless at commentating its fkn trivial!,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an overseas fan I watch every game with Tom Miller and his patter is brutal. It wouldn’t be bad if it was only once in a while but it’s the same cliches every game. I cannae listen in silence but it’s tempting. 

Seems like a great guy though. Just needs to make way for a better commentator 

10 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Exactly, don't know what his commentary is like cause I'm at the games but we are the worst fans in the world at slagging one of our own. Who cares if he's hopeless at commentating its fkn trivial!,

Not really if you have to pay for it. The club wants to make money out of this so they should improve the service.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

You know what his politics are, he likes stuff on Twitter then unlikes it soon after, his politics are fine IMO he's just an utter shitebag

Been at a couple of things he's done and it's schoolboy stuff, so is the commentary gig right enough, it's powder puff, probably just another pal of somebody at the time and he's made a nice wee niche for himself, a legend to some and a leg end to others! 

image.jpeg.74d732a37548c8a5e3bcd7d25f55c08e.jpeg

5 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Thanks.

Very succinctly put by myself I must say.

Have to call a spade a spade.

What if you used that spade for 20 years and it never let you down; its a belter of a spade. Legendary infact.

Then one day you decide to use it as a mode of transport, and its absolutely useless. Does that mean its now a shitey spade, or are you just a fucking idiot for trying it in the first place? 

6 minutes ago, WWTC said:

What if you used that spade for 20 years and it never let you down; its a belter of a spade. Legendary infact.

Then one day you decide to use it as a mode of transport, and its absolutely useless. Does that mean its now a shitey spade, or are just a fucking idiot for trying it in the first place? 

Pogo stick or pneumatic drill would be better for your purposes than a spade mate.

3 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Pogo stick or pneumatic drill would be better for your purposes than a spade mate.

They'd both make pretty poor spades mate. 

Still borrowing your bucket on a regular basis though, so cheers for that ? 

6 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Tbh, I think his commentary is good and pretty funny. Some folk will get upset with anything and anyone connected with Rangers. Big part of our problem , constantly attacking our own.

Fuck sake. Bet you like Mrs Browns Boys as well. 

I think he's a good guy and a good Bear at heart, in fact there's no doubt about it - he is.

But aye, his patter is absolutely honking ... honestly when I've got a link to a game on RTV I honestly turn the sound down and stick music on instead .. was twice as bad when Lovenkrands was doing the co-commentary - Lovenkrands sounded like one of they Glaswegian Pakistani's with the mixed nay vay type accent.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think he's a good guy and a good Bear at heart, in fact there's no doubt about it - he is.

But aye, his patter is absolutely honking ... honestly when I've got a link to a game on RTV I honestly turn the sound down and stick music on instead .. was twice as bad when Lovenkrands was doing the co-commentary - Lovenkrands sounded like one of they Glaswegian Pakistani's with the mixed nay vay type accent.

Durrant did co-commentary with him for a game earlier this season. Fuck me it was awful. I lost count of the number of times Durrant said “Now”. 

Me and my boy like him, he might be cringeworthy at times but we get a good laugh out him.

In fact this could be one of the things i miss about the lower leagues, watching games on RTV, because now most away games are on the Sky/BT and we are at every home game.

20 hours ago, Young Bob said:

His burds called Patricia. Wonder what school she went to?

Is that really the best contribution you can make? Thinking back many years - about five girls at my school with that name, and not one RC. 

Plenty bams and keyboard nutjobs on here. With all that is presently wrong with our great club - the very best you can come up with is.............

"The tv commentator's girlfriend is called Patricia"........

Ya tosspot

14 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Is that really the best contribution you can make? Thinking back many years - about five girls at my school with that name, and not one RC. 

Plenty bams and keyboard nutjobs on here. With all that is presently wrong with our great club - the very best you can come up with is.............

"The tv commentator's girlfriend is called Patricia"........

Ya tosspot

If you cant answer the question giez peace.

I have made a few other comments that he is a shite commentator. Care to comment on those?