Rangers players to show support to Josh Windass on Saturday

Lloyd

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thing as we have a lot of gay fans probably. I know of two lesbians who both support us and hold season tickets. You can bet they've been discriminated against before, so the club showing they're on their side and welcome is a good thing and I really can't see why negatives are being found here. 

Like most other things in life, if it doesn't directly affect my life then I just don't care enough to get all offended, unlike some people in this thread. Ironically the people getting offended by the club supporting gay people are the same people who use the terms "handwringers" and "easily offended brigade" ..

ps yeh this can b used as my cumin out post x

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

This is a good thing as we have a lot of gay fans probably. I know of two lesbians who both support us and hold season tickets. You can bet they've been discriminated against before, so the club showing they're on their side and welcome is a good thing and I really can't see why negatives are being found here. 

Like most other things in life, if it doesn't directly affect my life then I just don't care enough to get all offended, unlike some people in this thread. Ironically the people getting offended by the club supporting gay people are the same people who use the terms "handwringers" and "easily offended brigade" ..

ps yeh this can b used as my cumin out post x

What absolute pish - no-one is offended by it. 

Plenty don't think it's suitable and don't think our club should be used as a driver for it - massive difference. 

13 minutes ago, OhW said:

Don't think lesbians have too much discrimination to face in football. I would think women's football should show support for straight women if anything.

It won't be allowed to be called woman's football soon watch this imagine the scenes when somecunt who plays for say Falkirk, decides he identifies with being a female and he's struggled his whole life or some shit ... goes into womans football and tears it up to fuck .. will the do-gooders especially in woman's football change their tune? 

Ironically, some of the people on this thread are probably the reason why the club feels the need to support these initiatives. Like wee cartoon characters from a bygone age.

Before kick off at the next home game we should all be made to turn to the person on our left and give them a hug.

Just now, FSM said:

Ironically, some of the people on this thread are probably the reason why the club feels the need to support these initiatives. Like wee cartoon characters from a bygone age.

Before kick off at the next home game we should all be made to turn to the person on our left and give them a hug.

It'll come as no surprise to anyone that I do that already. 

I do despair of this world. The internet was fantastic but unfortunately it's lead to a strange phenomenon rather like the herding instinct.  Some clown suggests something and there's a headlong rush to join whatever is perceived as the trendy trend.  If nothing else you need to join to avoid being accused of giving offence. 

When all this PC shite started years ago never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come to this.  What puzzles me is what prompts people to push all this crap and what kind of lives they lead?

And what's so terrible about offending someone anyway?  Nothing, but in this era of entitlement that's heresy.  You've got to hope that these tender young things never have to stand up and be counted

As for this rainbow laces nonsense it wouldn't be so bad if the people pushing it, and the mindless followers really meant it.

People can do whatever they want with each other, doesn't bother me at all, but does the world really have to know about it?   God knows what today's kids will turn out like.

13 minutes ago, roger9650 said:

People can do whatever they want with each other, doesn't bother me at all, but does the world really have to know about it?   God knows what today's kids will turn out like.

There is still a large part of society who don't think this way though, and do get really bothered by it, to the point of violence in some cases. It's not about promoting homosexuality as something you should have a dabble at, it's about changing people's attitudes towards homosexuality, and also teaching people (predominately young people) who might be struggling with their sexuality that they don't need to be ashamed about it or worry that they'll be persecuted by coming out. Not sure what your bizarre comment about today's kids is all about, do you think all this societal tolerance might turn them gay?

1 hour ago, roger9650 said:

I do despair of this world. The internet was fantastic but unfortunately it's lead to a strange phenomenon rather like the herding instinct.  Some clown suggests something and there's a headlong rush to join whatever is perceived as the trendy trend.  If nothing else you need to join to avoid being accused of giving offence. 

When all this PC shite started years ago never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come to this.  What puzzles me is what prompts people to push all this crap and what kind of lives they lead?

And what's so terrible about offending someone anyway?  Nothing, but in this era of entitlement that's heresy.  You've got to hope that these tender young things never have to stand up and be counted

As for this rainbow laces nonsense it wouldn't be so bad if the people pushing it, and the mindless followers really meant it.

If someone is a cunt and black it's wrong to call them a black cunt cos it's racist but they are black and a cunt so it's the truth. Always tell the truth I was told when growing up .

10 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

The gun on the pitch didn't happen on Armed Forces day and no one was 'bouncing' around the pitch. It was a small band on playing.

They’ve had them paraded about the pitch at half time then they were bouncing about infront of the UB - granted this was a good few years ago as I no longer stay at my seat at half time so couldn’t tell you what happens now.

Also forgot them abseiling off the roof with the match ball, just think shit like this is way over the top and cringey as fuck.

Was the gun Rememberance Day a few years ago? If so I was mistaken.

Admin can we delete this thread?

The reason I ask is that we have one or two fag-hags that's popped up in the thread (which is to be expected, granted) but the last thing we need is outsiders looking in and thinking there's a common consensus among the Rangers support that homosexuality and laces promoting it is acceptable at the club.

nice 1 boys