David Murray

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is responsible for this and should never darken our doors again . Never ran it as a proper business or put proper infrastructure in place, slept while our opponents started to run Scottish football and media . Ran the club like he was a gambler throwing dice , hoping to get lucky. Then disappeared when the going got tough . Sir Duped aye right . Hope never to hear of him again

2 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

Was great in the short term but I'd swap it all for financial stability and to have avoided all the lower league shite and the past 6 years :(

It’s the next 6 years that worry me.....,

4 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

He is responsible for this and should never darken our doors again . Never ran it as a proper business or put proper infrastructure in place, slept while our opponents started to run Scottish football and media . Ran the club like he was a gambler throwing dice , hoping to get lucky. Then disappeared when the going got tough . Sir Duped aye right . Hope never to hear of him again

Until his head is hanging from  noose somewhere God willing 

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

About 80-90% of where we are is directly his fault. 

Interesting that we used to be competitive on the same level of debt that we’re carrying at the moment.

The EBT issue screwed us, preventing a sensible sale.

Obviously seemed like a good idea at the time - who foresaw them changing the rules?

Or the arse falling out of the steel market?

Perfect storm for our enemies.

On 19 November 2017 at 00:13, onefootwillie said:

there's just so many questions I'd like to ask SDM.

About HBOS. About HMRC. About EBT's. About Craig Whyte. About MIH. Many more.....

But I don't think we'll ever get the answers to these sort of questions.At least not in the immediate future

What I do think though is that when MIH ran into difficulties yahoos in positions of influence took it upon themselves to conduct a campaign to financially destroy Rangers. And we're talking politicians who orchestrated all of this. I've been told all the names. 

I suspect SDM knows this & who these individuals are. Whether he ever divulges this information is another matter

Gave us some great teams and managers in my youth but don't really give a shit about him to be honest, the fact the tax laws changed was not his doing but not going over that again. He can do whatever he does now.

Dinky is the one I am more worried about.

I'm no fan of David Murray, but he was forced to sell the club to Whyte, by Lloyd's bank, who took over the BoS, to get their hands on the £millions before the tax man.

I thank him for 9IAR, but can't forgive him for the mess he made afterwards.

Maybe if the BoS didn't go under, we'd have been alright, they were a Rangers friendly bank, at the time.

Maybe if Whyte had paid the PAYE, & NI contributions, for the year, the taxman might have done a deal regarding EBT's.

we had money in the bank when we won 9 in a row. The shit hit the fan from 2000 onwards, accelerated when we gave in and sided with the diddy ten over TV rights then fell off a cliff when Bain was allowed free reign, ably backed by Paul Murray and Bainites throughout the upper management of the club. These self same folk who now wander the corridors of Argyle house freely.....

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

The day he sold us to a fucking chancer for a quid without doing due diligence is the day he became one of the biggest scumbags in our history. 

Pish. 

The day he signed mo Johnston was the day he became the biggest scumbag in our history.

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

we had money in the bank when we won 9 in a row. The shit hit the fan from 2000 onwards, accelerated when we gave in and sided with the diddy ten over TV rights then fell off a cliff when Bain was allowed free reign, ably backed by Paul Murray and Bainites throughout the upper management of the club. These self same folk who now wander the corridors of Argyle house freely.....

We've got the same board that don't know how to run the club without £millions to play with.

We've had a chequebook manager, Dick Advocat, we've now got a chequebook board, without the chequebook. 

Their answer to every little problem, in the past, was to throw money at it, we don't have the money now, so they're clueless as what to do.

PS I don't like criticising our board, but the buck must stop somewhere. Ffs we can't even scrape 3 wins in a row. ??

7 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We've got the same board that don't know how to run the club without £millions to play with.

We've had a chequebook manager, Dick Advocat, we've now got a chequebook board, without the chequebook. 

Their answer to every little problem, in the past, was to throw money at it, we don't have the money now, so they're clueless as what to do.

PS I don't like criticising our board, but the buck must stop somewhere. Ffs we can't even scrape 3 wins in a row. ??

The board deserve criticism, it's been an omnishambles since April 2016.

They simply have to make the right managerial appointment and start turning the corner.

-----------

You are right in that we often seemed to throw money at problems.

It was short sighted strategic management that wasn't sustainable in the longrun. 

That's some.scattergun that. SDM has caused a lot of heartache to Rangers fans in the last decade or so but he didn't cause morelos to head over an open goal or any of what happened yesterday.

He's not caused any of the mental block that seems to hit this side when they play at ibrox (1 home league win all season) yet win every away game bar thistle.

He's caused a lot but yesterday ain't his fault.

Like ally and his team previous aye boards can be awful, charlatans, allowing caretaker managers to stay a lot longer than anyone wants (McDowell and murty) but on the footballing field it is purely a players and managerial problem.

To me yesterday was GMs lack of tactical nous that cost him. When it went 1 0 he didn't really know what to do. He didn't particularly have a strong bench and we all roundabout me at the game said that the 1st 11 was basically the team that was to.get the 3 points and the bench was that bad he was hoping we'd already be a couple of goals up before needing it.

The board and or lack of.funds debate is a good debate to have but the last two managers have blown any budget they've had on absolute shit. It's their job to identify to the budget. They haven't and have failed us. The budget on offer here is still such that we should be able to ride on the taigs coattails. I genuinely believe that the money spent in the summer had it been done so by a competent manager would be enough to really give the taigs a problem  (others don't but I respect that)

All in all though SDM didn't cause yesterday and on here it seems to be everyone is in the firing line.

Said it in the match thread we were shite but had enough chances to win 3 or 4 games.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That's some.scattergun that. SDM has caused a lot of heartache to Rangers fans in the last decade or so but he didn't cause morelos to head over an open goal or any of what happened yesterday.

He's not caused any of the mental block that seems to hit this side when they play at ibrox (1 home league win all season) yet win every away game bar thistle.

He's caused a lot but yesterday ain't his fault.

Like ally and his team previous aye boards can be awful, charlatans, allowing caretaker managers to stay a lot longer than anyone wants (McDowell and murty) but on the footballing field it is purely a players and managerial problem.

To me yesterday was GMs lack of tactical nous that cost him. When it went 1 0 he didn't really know what to do. He didn't particularly have a strong bench and we all roundabout me at the game said that the 1st 11 was basically the team that was to.get the 3 points and the bench was that bad he was hoping we'd already be a couple of goals up before needing it.

The board and or lack of.funds debate is a good debate to have but the last two managers have blown any budget they've had on absolute shit. It's their job to identify to the budget. They haven't and have failed us. The budget on offer here is still such that we should be able to ride on the taigs coattails. I genuinely believe that the money spent in the summer had it been done so by a competent manager would be enough to really give the taigs a problem  (others don't but I respect that)

All in all though SDM didn't cause yesterday and on here it seems to be everyone is in the firing line.

Said it in the match thread we were shite but had enough chances to win 3 or 4 games.

Hello brother