Ross McCrorie

Robmc1

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

@Elfideldo @The Dude @K.A.I

Was McCrorie a stand-out in the unders? I don't recall hearing his name as often as the likes of Ferguson, Fleck and more recently Gilmour but I really think the boy is a fantastic prospect. At centre back he looked promising but the last 3 games have convinced me he really could be top class for us in the future in the defensive midfield area. Do you know why he hasn't had the same kind of press as a youngster as the three players I've mentioned?

He certainly impressed me last season. Especially since he played a big chunk of it at right-back to accommodate Bates. 

Defenders (central defenders in particular) don’t get the hype they would if they were a centre forward. He’s only really moved into midfield sometimes since he’s been out on loan afaik. 

Ive not been surprised at all with how well Ross has taken to first-team football and tbh, there were a few who I didn’t think were a million miles away from him either (Barjonas, Aidan Wilson, Rudden, Atakayi at the end of the season) 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He certainly impressed me last season. Especially since he played a big chunk of it at right-back to accommodate Bates. 

Defenders (central defenders in particular) don’t get the hype they would if they were a centre forward. He’s only really moved into midfield sometimes since he’s been out on loan afaik. 

Ive not been surprised at all with how well Ross has taken to first-team football and tbh, there were a few who I didn’t think were a million miles away from him either (Barjonas, Aidan Wilson, Rudden, Atakayi at the end of the season) 

Talent-wise watching them at their level I'd agree but that's simplistic - it's a mentality thing to be able to step up. 

Atakayi is an amazing player at that level, he's literally like a Pietr Huistra in his prime for us but you just know minute he is put into first team he'd get raped and never to be seen again.

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Barjonas looks good and possibly Aidan Wilson but have seen Rudden a few times and don't think he looks that great. Atakayi could do it but physically has a bit to go 

I like Rudden, he needs to find some kind of consistency though to kick on. 

Atakayi jas all the technical attributes but is just naturally wee. 

Aidan has come on a ridiculous amount in the last 18 months. Totally different player to the one I first watched 

38 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

@Elfideldo @The Dude @K.A.I

Was McCrorie a stand-out in the unders? I don't recall hearing his name as often as the likes of Ferguson, Fleck and more recently Gilmour but I really think the boy is a fantastic prospect. At centre back he looked promising but the last 3 games have convinced me he really could be top class for us in the future in the defensive midfield area. Do you know why he hasn't had the same kind of press as a youngster as the three players I've mentioned?

I know @Elfideldomentioned him in glowing terms a few times

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Talent-wise watching them at their level I'd agree but that's simplistic - it's a mentality thing to be able to step up. 

Atakayi is an amazing player at that level, he's literally like a Trevor Steven in his prime for us but you just know minute he is put into first team he'd get raped and never to be seen again.

Aye, you should see he post I’ve just responded too. I’ve just said similar about Atakayi. He’s got all the ability, he’s just wee and needs to figure out how he’s going to deal with getting booted fuck out of.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, you should see he post I’ve just responded too. I’ve just said similar about Atakayi. He’s got all the ability, he’s just wee and needs to figure out how he’s going to deal with getting booted fuck out of.

Nice wee kid too was in Lisbon airport and he was showing pictures of his dog his Mum bought him all chuffed .. down to earth kid

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From his pics he looks pretty muscular?   As for dealing with getting booted he should have a chat with the Wee Wullies, Henderson and Johnston.  The latter knew how to deal with thuggery :whistle:

Nice wee kid too was in Lisbon airport and he was showing pictures of his dog his Mum bought him all chuffed .. down to earth kid

Aye, I’ve only spoke to him once or twice but seemed to a nice wee lad. Never realised how he ended up in Finland until someone mentioned it recently to me. It’s actually something I’ve commented on to Mulholland and Murty before the way that they always seem to be well behaved publicly and are always generally polite and everything. Some of the other groups I’ve seen from clubs have acted like a group of entitled wee dicks. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

From his pics he looks pretty muscular?   As for dealing with getting booted he should have a chat with the Wee Wullies, Henderson and Johnston.  The latter knew how to deal with thuggery :whistle:

Aye he seems to be a well-built laddie but he’s short and despite being muscular he’s not particularly big - if that makes sense? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye, I’ve only spoke to him once or twice but seemed to a nice wee lad. Never realised how he ended up in Finland until someone mentioned it recently to me. It’s actually something I’ve commented on to Mulholland and Murty before the way that they always seem to be well behaved publicly and are always generally polite and everything. Some of the other groups I’ve seen from clubs have acted like a group of entitled wee dicks. 

That's one thing Craig, Billy Kirkwood and co don't stand for - they ask the boys on these Euro aways to go over and shake our hands and say thanks for coming.

It's nice, but I don't want anyone to do anything they don't want to - thankfully they all seem happy to.

I was wanting to go to Munich to watch them on the 20th Jan the day before Fraserburgh away in the cup - was fine getting out but trying to get a flight back even through all the usual channels like Dublin, London and Amsterdam was impossible so Brighton vs Chelsea that day instead ... give some gay bars a turn :lol: 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye he seems to be a well-built laddie but he’s short and despite being muscular he’s not particularly big - if that makes sense? 

Well, like Morelos, we got him from Finland so perhaps he'll fill out to be another wee buffalo 

That's one thing Craig, Billy Kirkwood and co don't stand for - they ask the boys on these Euro aways to go over and shake our hands and say thanks for coming.

It's nice, but I don't want anyone to do anything they don't want to - thankfully they all seem happy to.

I was wanting to go to Munich to watch them on the 20th Jan the day before Fraserburgh away in the cup - was fine getting out but trying to get a flight back even through all the usual channels like Dublin, London and Amsterdam was impossible so Brighton vs Chelsea that day instead ... give some gay bars a turn :lol: 

They seem genuinely thankful that folk come and watch them. I had a moment last season at a game at Forthbank quite late in the year when - because I was the only person in the stand on the far side of the ground - I was walking round the pitch and Myles Beerman was pointed me out to one of the other boys and folks them who I am. 

This new job has limited how much I’m getting to games just now but it was mental how much they loved getting some  coverage from somewhere. The parents too. I got to know quite a few of the mums and dads by going to games and doing the Battle Fever stuff because we were the only way they had to keep track on their sons games. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Well, like Morelos, we got him from Finland so perhaps he'll fill out to be another wee buffalo 

If have no issues with that. Don’t know how much you’ve seen of him but he’s fucking rapid! If we can polish off the rough edges, there’s a right good player there. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They seem genuinely thankful that folk come and watch them. I had a moment last season at a game at Forthbank quite late in the year when - because I was the only person in the stand on the far side of the ground - I was walking round the pitch and Myles Beerman was pointed me out to one of the other boys and folks them who I am. 

This new job has limited how much I’m getting to games just now but it was mental how much they loved getting some  coverage from somewhere. The parents too. I got to know quite a few of the mums and dads by going to games and doing the Battle Fever stuff because we were the only way they had to keep track on their sons games. 

Tom Lang's Dad used to come up from England and watch him a lot and Andrew Dallas, his Dad is the Stadium manager at Hampden, massive blue nose and is always at Auchenhowie watching him.

Tom Lang's Dad used to come up from England and watch him a lot and Andrew Dallas, his Dad is the Stadium manager at Hampden, massive blue nose and is always at Auchenhowie watching him.

Aye, Jordan Gibson’s dad and Aidan Wilson’s mum kept up with us on twitter, same with Billy Gilmour’s maw. I’d always see Robby and Ross’ mum at games. Is the fella from Falkirk getting out to many of the games? Robert i think it is? Older bloke, fucking kept bumping into him not he way to games last season. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I like Rudden, he needs to find some kind of consistency though to kick on. 

Atakayi jas all the technical attributes but is just naturally wee. 

Aidan has come on a ridiculous amount in the last 18 months. Totally different player to the one I first watched 

Be good to see them come through.Any news on Liam Burt 

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Be good to see them come through.Any news on Liam Burt 

Afaik he’s getting close. He’s another that’ll probably be on the first team squad before too long. If Jack Thomson can keep himself fit then he’s another. I know folk thought/think it’s me just getting a bit carried away but I genuinely think there a real good group of players there with plenty who could play a role in the first team at some point in the future: 

Robby McCrorie, Aidan Wilson, Myles Beerman, Jack Thomson. Jamie Barjonas, Liam Burt, Zak Rudden, Jordan Houston, Ross Lyon, Andy Dallas, Serge Atakayi, Dapo Mebude, Lewis Mayo,

and that's Just off the top of my head and not having seen that much of them this season.