Mind the gap?

scotty1976

So.....we're skint. They're miles ahead. The financial gap blah blah blah.

A loan signing of a Chelsea potential and (maybe) the goalkeeper and centre half from the team with the 4th worst goal difference in the SPFL.

Whereas we've done ok. Murphy, Cummings, Martin are all good signings. All appear loan to permanent. John has proven himself to be s good capture. And as a 'skint' club we've turned down a decent offer for Morelos.

So - tell me about the gap? 

Maybe wishful but....The current celtic signing policy reminds me of the McLeish years. And remember what that was the start of.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to go unbeaten till the end of the season. All wins with no more than a few draws, that's the kind of form that will really get us excited again.

If that doesn't happen and it's WWWDWDLLDWWL form then put on your hazmat suit before you login. It'll be nuclear meltdown territory.

To be honest, they dont need to spend at the minute.

They have the league this year wrapped up.

I expect that Rogers will be away down south in the summer and they will be looking to bring a new manager in. Makes sense for them to hold off and back a new manager with funds.

If we can get our summer recruitment right, then we should be in a position to possibly mount a challenge next year.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I expect that Rogers will be away down south in the summer and they will be looking to bring a new manager in. Makes sense for them to hold off and back a new manager with funds.

Good point. There's always the chance of another Diela or however it was spelled.

I'm not talking so much about the gap in the league. Unfortunately I reckon we can forget it this year.

What I'm getting at is this so called significant financial gap. We're skint. They're coining in millions. But it doesn't look that way. Obviously the money is being squirrelled away in dubious Lithuanian banks...

1 minute ago, scotty1976 said:

I'm not talking so much about the gap in the league. Unfortunately I reckon we can forget it this year.

What I'm getting at is this so called significant financial gap. We're skint. They're coining in millions. But it doesn't look that way. Obviously the money is being squirrelled away in dubious Lithuanian banks...

Their owner Dermot (fucking hate that name) was implicated in dodgy tax dealings recently so the ugly Irish fucker will have all sorts going on that hoovers most of their cash up.

Fantastic transfer window for the club & we can take things on going forward. Exciting times at Rangers, Ibrox getting attention it deserves, investment on the horizon & under Mark Allens guidance, targets for next season are mouthwatering 
Onwards & upwards for our club ?⚪️?

9 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I firmly believe we will win the league

We will

8 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I've said similar recently and got told to calm the fuck doon:isay:

I run this town

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

If we get to within 9 points of them before the next old firm game then we'll win the league.

I agree

Watch us get beat off Hibs now

The tranny shagger defo gave them bounce on his arrival, but the wheels now appear to be coming off the wagon and reverting to the Ronnie bhoy days. There is something decidedly shite in their play, but they remain the luckiest bastard team on the planet in sneaking goals.

They do have plenty of cash, but I think liewell remains to have the biscuit tin mentality and to pump up his bonus.

They've had a clear run for five years and tbh haven't progressed much. On their day they've several decent players, but imo, we are now in a position to take them and seriously close that gap. Defensively I say we are now better than them. We now have good midfield options. We need Cummings up to speed and Morelos on form, but we also need goals from other players.

I also pray those cunts implode and the impossible dream happens this season, because I feel they are now at their weakest and before liewell is forced to spend serious money for next season when we run them very close this one.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, they dont need to spend at the minute.

They have the league this year wrapped up.

If we can get our summer recruitment right, then we should be in a position to possibly mount a challenge next year.

They don’t have anything of the sort mate, we keep winning and they will feel the pressure especially if they get the same kind of injury list we have had 

Always thought that Desmond character was building a 'war chest' for when we came back.

Seems he wasn't and still isn't. Fuck knows what that mob are doing with the money they've had.

We're not really that far off them, and let's not forget that BR is a failed no-mark in England as well.

2 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

Fair play for your positive outlook on life.