Mind the gap?

scotty1976

2 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Fantastic transfer window for the club & we can take things on going forward. Exciting times at Rangers, Ibrox getting attention it deserves, investment on the horizon & under Mark Allens guidance, targets for next season are mouthwatering 
Onwards & upwards for our club ?⚪️?

Did u copy and paste that :matron:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a good transfer window for us. 

We needed fresh blood to continue to improve. We've had numerous injuries to our top players, and when they're all back to full fitness our manager will have a job picking the team.

We may be too far behind to challenge this season, but finishing 2nd shows improvement.

Next season we go for 55!

I think the team has significantly improved since September/October time. The gap between us and them at that point isn't anything like as obvious now.

Will be interesting to compare points gained from now until the end of the season - think it'll be difficult to catch them but very hopeful we reduce the deficit.

Has been a good window for us, pleased with how things are looking and the news from 4lads sounds very promising.

Money doesn't always mean success .. look at our spending at times and we lost .

Its how you spend it and with the off exception that mob have bought nothing . Ntcham is dross . All defenders are pish . Eduard is bog average .. Sinclair looks like a 1 season wonder .. dembele and Gordon are their best and cheapest ..

We're behind them financially but as first 11's go I don' see much difference I'd even say we have the edge in areas .

Tav before lustig 

Goss before Lego 

Dorrans before Armstrong 

Morellos before sinclair 

Candeias before Forest 

If we grow in confidence and get a good run going. Beat them next month I feel.anything is possible this season

8 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

So.....we're skint. They're miles ahead. The financial gap blah blah blah.

A loan signing of a Chelsea potential and (maybe) the goalkeeper and centre half from the team with the 4th worst goal difference in the SPFL.

Whereas we've done ok. Murphy, Cummings, Martin are all good signings. All appear loan to permanent. John has proven himself to be s good capture. And as a 'skint' club we've turned down a decent offer for Morelos.

So - tell me about the gap? 

Maybe wishful but....The current celtic signing policy reminds me of the McLeish years. And remember what that was the start of.

Fuck that lot nobody cares 

no wait.... 

8 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

A loan signing of a Chelsea potential and (maybe) the goalkeeper and centre half from the team with the 4th worst goal difference in the SPFL.

Whereas we've done ok. Murphy, Cummings, Martin are all good signings. All appear loan to permanent. John has proven himself to be s good capture. And as a 'skint' club we've turned down a decent offer for Morelos.

Maybe wishful but....The current celtic signing policy reminds me of the McLeish years. And remember what that was the start of.

The gap is they are still 14 points clear and have only lost once this season in the league. And have won the league cup. But the players we have brought in are really good. Hopefully we can go on a winning running and try close the gap and hopefully win the Scottish cup 

seen the table? https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/table/

i don't think it's as big as they like to make it out to be. we could've been at 1st place if we didn't lose against low table teams. but we've still a way to go. right now we're only as good as aberdeen if not slightly better. once we close the gap a bit more we'll see how they spend their money. we're not skint but we will need investment or consistent good european runs if we want to truly beat them and do well in the champions league.

9 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

Gap you say????

Aye about 40 million a season in revenue. 

I think we need to be a bit more realistic here, they dont really need to spend that much if any tbh. 

We all want to stick it right up them but that will take a little time so lets stop putting stupid pressure on Murty and the lads and let him go about his business and claw back some of those points which I feel we can.........silly comments like what gap etc only makes us look and sound delusional, they are x amount of points ahead of us so lets wait until we are within touching distance before we can properlly give them some.

We would have been in a much better postion if we hadn't chucked it against some bottom 6 clubs but an encouraging transfer window nonetheless. We have to keep the momentum going and win every game up till the next tim game.

They are over-rated and no where near as good as the Scottish media makes them out to be. Champions league has showed that and we could have easily beat them at New Year.

They are not planning for the long term - they are planning for the short term. One league at a time, doing what is necessary to get the CL and then hoping they get to the group stage - so they didnt really need to spend this winter. However Brenda wont be happy - managers want to strengthen, and the team that doesn't strengthen stagnates.

£25Million in the banks sounds a lot (their last accounts showed this) - but it's one failure to reach the CL group stage and that's gone. Are they in a better position than us? yes  - but I think its a tenuous position with their wage bill. A poor performance in the CL qualifiers and some astute signings from us is all it takes.

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The stuff on here will have the beggars chuckling their heads off

Not really. If its 9 points or less going into Ibrox puts the pressure on. If we could win that then its 6 and who knows.

They're still favourites I know but get a bit of belief back and can be done.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Not really. If its 9 points or less going into Ibrox puts the pressure on. If we could win that then its 6 and who knows.

They're still favourites I know but get a bit of belief back and can be done.

I just love your enthusiasm mate 

In my heart .I believe you 

In my head .It's a long shot at best 

3 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Don't want to burst the bravado bubble but the gap is where they can get the the likes of P Roberts on loan and the kid from Chelsea. They can get a Dembele and have an EPL manager whereas we have our youth team coach.

Unfortunately that's the gap.

We need to walk before we can run 

Do many sprinting off into the fairytale sunset 

57 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

They are not planning for the long term - they are planning for the short term. One league at a time, doing what is necessary to get the CL and then hoping they get to the group stage - so they didnt really need to spend this winter. However Brenda wont be happy - managers want to strengthen, and the team that doesn't strengthen stagnates.

£25Million in the banks sounds a lot (their last accounts showed this) - but it's one failure to reach the CL group stage and that's gone. Are they in a better position than us? yes  - but I think its a tenuous position with their wage bill. A poor performance in the CL qualifiers and some astute signings from us is all it takes.

In a way they are planning for the long term by not spending wildly for the champions league but at the same time failure to qualify twice or maybe even once would require selling some of their players. Its best just to ignore them and look to pick up maximum points against the other 10 teams so that it comes down the old firm games. I am not going to compare squads but the last old firm games shows that with passion it makes it anyones game.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Nail on the head, they could be so much further ahead but their true lack of vision will only serve us well.

People say we are 3 or 4 or 5 years behind but I dont buy that. Sure they are better but we are one transfer window behind and a manager who instills belief thats all it will take....Murty can be that man, making great strides atm.

17 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

It is a long shot but with tricky European games coming up for them we can close the gap.

the trouble is we are reliant on other teams taking something off them in the league. no matter how shite the scum are playing, they will 99 times out of 100 get a result as these clubs just roll over and take it. 

it's a mentality issue with the scottish clubs, they are already beaten before even turning up. can't see it changing any time soon, just hope the wheels come off over the summer with an early CL knockout and an unsettled brenda who is already showing a few signs of cracking.... subtle signs, but they're there for sure