Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

That philosophy could see folk sleeping in hostels pal. Spending more could buy you a Herrera or a Pena.

However keeping young talented 21 year old strikers (possibly the best potential for years) who could earn you £20m in the champions league could see you earning much more in the long run.

We won't qualify for the Champions League unless we win our domestic league first.  Even with Morelos we're not even close to challenging celtic this season.  We need more quality throughout the team and £11m would certainly do that.  We could pick up Cummings in the summer on a permanent and unearth a number of other young talented players to bring in.  I like the signings Mark Allen has made so far and would trust him to get us quality in the door.  

He's our best player and has given us a great deal of urgency and commitment on the pitch. Love the wee man and his style of play. Want him to stay for at least another couple of years but can't  blame him if he wants to go and earn some big money now .... sign an improved offer from Rangers or accept a possible 3 or 4 times bigger wage elsewhere. Its up to him.

I hope he stays

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

If we're not finishing 1st it hurts. I've been in pain since the last time we won it and will be until we win it again.

As for this 2nd place fight that so many are fond of. Stick it up your arse. 

Aye let’s spend another year behind Aberdeen can’t wait for that.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It was in a tweet a few pages back.  How reliable it is I don't know but some seem to think the guy is ITK.

To me it doesn’t read like that’s our asking price but just the current bid. Might be misreading it though. 

7 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

If we're not finishing 1st it hurts. I've been in pain since the last time we won it and will be until we win it again.

As for this 2nd place fight that so many are fond of. Stick it up your arse. 

I'm sure you gave yourself 10 staunch points and a nice pat on the back for this one mate. Good for you. 

But the reality is finishing behind Aberdeen again, irrespective of how we compare to celtic is nothing short of scandalous. With our current squad we should be able to finish second, preventing the 11 point gap from widening  and challenge for the Scottish. That's out the window without Morelos. Cashing in on him 4 months early without an option to replace him does far less for our chances at challenging for the title next season than a proper, strong and perhaps emphatic finish to this season does. 

Archived