Bates Wage?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

I dont give a fuck dont post on my topics then if they are so beneath you.  I could type proper if i wanted but its a football forum, not an English essay. 

You do give a fuck or you would have just ignored the post you replied too :dance:

2 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Yes I am. 

Billythebear. I think your mistaken about me. I just like the Queen's English to be used appropriately.  Surely your in agreement with that. 

I may be a prick. But I'm the RM prick. So I'm you're prick too. 

We got off on the wrong footing. Can we go back and start again. I'm willing if your too.....

Not sure if this still applies but Rangers made a big mistake with John Fleck and I remember reading (many years ago now) that the club didn't want to make that same mistake moving forward.  Fleck had a big reputation and started breaking in to the first-team so the club offered him a new contract, which he initially rejected, and improved terms were offered.  Fleck never lived up to the initial hype and it was hard to justify the wages he was on during the years that followed.  The club didn't want to offer first-team wages to youth prospects again.  Bates has shown early promise and the club have responded by offering him improved terms that seems reasonable enough.  

34 minutes ago, pcbear said:

He is out shining much more seasoned pros and doing a grand job as a steady Eddie rock solid defender who is going to get better, he is worth a decent wage.

Hes an old school no nonsense stopper, the modern game needs a bit more than that and hes still some development to go. hes a raw player who's just broke into the side, rather than throw a big contract at him and risk billy big baws syndrome setting in lets do it the Protestant way where reward is given through hard work and improvement

£2500 p/w seems like a perfectly reasonable offer. Assuming it settles out at say £3k a week (over £150k a year) that's a great wage for a 21 year old who has only played a handful of games for us (and not that many more for lower league teams prior to signing for us). 

Can't compare him to the likes of Alves who has 90 odd caps for Portugal and who should be our absolute best CB.

Don't see a problem with that kind of wage being offered.

Some other players getting paid more than they deserve should be a lesson not to continue down that path rather than add more to it.

If we go giving him in line with players we moan about being overpaid we'll soon be moaning about him being overpaid too.

I hope he signs a new contract ,he has come on greatly this season and looks like he has been working hard to improve his game. I also think whoever spotted him while playing at Raith Rovers and rated him did a great job. I am sure I remember someone on here a good while back saying that he was not rated that highly by Raith Rovers 

31 minutes ago, Amato said:

£2500 p/w seems like a perfectly reasonable offer. Assuming it settles out at say £3k a week (over £150k a year) that's a great wage for a 21 year old who has only played a handful of games for us (and not that many more for lower league teams prior to signing for us). 

Can't compare him to the likes of Alves who has 90 odd caps for Portugal and who should be our absolute best CB.

A handful of games? He’s played more games than Alves this season and has taken his place in the team.

What Alves should be and what he is are two completely different things. We need to stop clinging on to all the caps he’s won as justification for how pish he is.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

A handful of games? He’s played more games than Alves this season and has taken his place in the team.

What Alves should be and what he is are two completely different things. We need to stop clinging on to all the caps he’s won as justification for how pish he is.

So we offer him a shit ton of money because we're overpaying Alves? He has only played a handful of games.

My point re Alves was that when he signed he was a renowned, experienced international. You can see why he was given the contract he was, though he hasn't lived up to expectations. Shouldn't be offering ridiculous money to the likes of Bates on the back of that.

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Tierney was on 4K per week until his new contract signed Oct last year. (his uncle is a customer of mine).

Bates is now a first team regular and has to be worth 5k a week.

And whilst on or before earning 4K pw represented scotland youths, had over 70 domestic appearances for the scum, played european including CL football, then a month after signing new contract captained his country.

Yet Bates despite not being comparable in terms of level of achievements should be on 25% more than Tierney was whilst he was genuinely establishing and proving himself.

Why so?

2 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Right, but we’re talking about now. He’s done nowhere near enough for nowhere near long enough to warrant anything other than a modest bump. 

Adding an extra two thirds on to your wages every week is more than a modest bump.

He’s done well this season, but I’m in total agreement with you. The offer on the table is good for where he’s at at the moment.

It’s funny how people talk about how we’ve paid over the odds for players for years and now there is faux outrage that we aren’t giving a guy who might not even be first choice next season a massive wage rise.

18 minutes ago, Amato said:

So we offer him a shit ton of money because we're overpaying Alves? He has only played a handful of games.

My point re Alves was that when he signed he was a renowned, experienced international. You can see why he was given the contract he was, though he hasn't lived up to expectations. Shouldn't be offering ridiculous money to the likes of Bates on the back of that.

Who said offer him a shit tonne offer him 3-4K with incentives that would get it increased if he meets certain targets ffs.

no one at all is saying give Bates Alves’ contract

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Adding an extra two thirds on to your wages every week is more than a modest bump.

He’s done well this season, but I’m total agreement with you. The offer on the table is good for where he’s at at the moment.

It’s funny how people talk about how we’ve paid over the odds for players for years and now there is faux outrage that we aren’t giving a guy who might not even be first choice next season a massive wage rise.

Not being funny but there seems to be a lot of guess-work in that.

How do you know what he is on and what offer is on the table?