New Vanguard Bear Article.

minstral

5 minutes ago, coopscracker said:

Let me just put it out there so there is no confusion down the line.

See the guy who stands at speakers corner ranting and raving about some shit that only he gives a fuck about, the guy that everyone walks past thinking "fuck being that guy"

Well thats you....to me.

hopefully i can find a way to mute you

Hover over his name, wait for his avatar, then select ignore user.

Not rocket science.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You do know they just announced the largest oil finds in the North Sea - seems oil hasn’t run out. But oils is only part of the argument.

i note your non answer to my question - why the fight to keep us? 

200,000 bpd to 2050. Biggish, but nothing to base your economy on.

In 2016 the exchequer reported a net loss in revenue from the UKCS due to the oil price plummeting and oil companies offsetting their losses with tax rebates. They also get rebates from the costs associated with decommissioning depleted fields.

The exchequer expects revenue of only 4.5 billion over the next five years due to oil company losses/write offs.

Any upsurge in production will be offset with tax breaks due for previous years in loss and as decommissioning of depleted assets ramps up pace. 

Now this is certainly no windfall and nothing to build a future on. Plus Saudi only need to turn up that very big valve of theirs a further quarter of an inch and the price again goes tits up as the market gets flooded with oil. It's a high risk volatile business sector where the rewards are great for the successful and bankruptcy awaits the naive.

The development costs of the new BP oil find will be offset with tax breaks for years, plus they also use the money raised from production to decommission to secure further tax breaks, which result in the exchequer getting exactly the centre of a doughnut in return. Oil companies don't need EBT's to avoid tax. It's either their rules or governments can fuck off and die.

23 minutes ago, coopscracker said:

Let me just put it out there so there is no confusion down the line.

See the guy who stands at speakers corner ranting and raving about some shit that only he gives a fuck about, the guy that everyone walks past thinking "fuck being that guy"

Well thats you....to me.

hopefully i can find a way to mute you

I think you'll find more people will think that of you than K.A.I.

25 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Summed up perfectly.

Can you just imagine the wee Sturgeon with the weight of a miniscule economy of Scotland behind her,  trying to negotiate a deal with the big boys? Shredded! She'd probably end up mortgaging the whole of Scotland as a peace offering and tell us she got a great deal.

The  North Sea as you know is now polluted with these small independents. These guys took on mature assets from the big boys which are polluted with inherent risk and decommissioning costs. Getting the economics right for them equals one mistake and their dead. Break even costs sit at around $50 per barrel and because of this they need assurances on long term oil pricing, which as we know, any cunt upsets Saudi and the games a bogey and suicides in the executive suite.

When the oil price plummets, the big boys just ease down in the production keep it ticking over, as they offset their losses via their global assets, plus get a rebate from the exchequer. The small independent needs cash flow, so they can either keep theirs full on, but will eventually go bust as they would be running at a 50% loss on product, or they mothball and await the increase, laying off every cunt in the process.

This SNPira notion on oil is nothing but pure fantasy that the gullibles lap up.

21 minutes ago, coopscracker said:

its all the response it warranted tbh.

Ok by me.Will concentrate on debating with the adults that can string sentences together and argue their case.You go back to your child like responses.For a guy that supposedly is here to present facts to show up other people’s failings you do a damn fine job of showing yourself up.I don’t agree with a lot of things BP9 believes but at least I have always been able to debate points with him.You on the other hand just seem Hell bent on winding others up no matter what by acting like you are superior in some way with your condescending replies.Will therefore treat your posts from now on with the contempt they deserve.

12 hours ago, coopscracker said:

It's almost as if you don't know Wales an NI also use the Barnet formula. But it surely can't be the case that someone with such a strong opinion doesn't understand the subject at hand.. 

You obviously don't do add or subtract, far less simple economics.

FYE 2017 Scotland returned a deficit of 8.3% of GDP, equalling £13.3 billion.

The UK as a whole returned a deficit of 2.3% of GDP.

Scotland's budget deficits have exceeded  7%  of GDP every year since 2009.

The EU criteria is 3%.

Now it's not hard to work out as to whom is underperforming! 

Westminster underwrites our deficits. In an independent Scotland, we would be unable to service he deficit due to it's high proportion of GDP. The country runs at a massive net loss and even if we managed to secure a loan from Wonga, we could never service it and we end up Greece mark 2.

Now none of this is too hard for your average moron to understand, but I suppose that is why there are those that vote SNPira!

1 hour ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Ok by me.Will concentrate on debating with the adults that can string sentences together and argue their case.You go back to your child like responses.For a guy that supposedly is here to present facts to show up other people’s failings you do a damn fine job of showing yourself up.I don’t agree with a lot of things BP9 believes but at least I have always been able to debate points with him.You on the other hand just seem Hell bent on winding others up no matter what by acting like you are superior in some way with your condescending replies.Will therefore treat your posts from now on with the contempt they deserve.

Ironic that you cant....

Space after comma or full stop.....

2 hours ago, coopscracker said:

The first Minister at the time tried to mediate between our club and HMRC. If he was a rabid Rangers hating nationalist he wold have sat back and done fuck all dont ya think

So mediation. Not backing, help or support. Thought as much.

From a Times article at the time.....

Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond believes the survival of Rangers is crucial for rivals celtic and the rest of Scottish football to prosper.

Salmond was responding to the financial crisis engulfing the Scottish champions after they went into administration on Tuesday.

The Ibrox club were forced to call in administrators Duff and Phelps over an unpaid tax bill of £9million, accrued since Craig Whyte's takeover in May.

Salmond told Sir David Frost, in an interview to be broadcast on Frost over the World on Al Jazeera English: "Obviously HMRC have got to pursue, in the public interest, taxation.

"Equally, they've got to have cognisance of the fact that we're talking about a huge institution, part of the fabric of the Scottish nation, as well as Scottish football, and everybody realises that.

"The most die-hard celtic supporter understands that celtic can't prosper unless Rangers are there.

"The rest of the clubs understand that as well. Therefore you have to have cognisance of these things when you're pursuing public policy.

"We've certainly been arguing to HMRC on one hand, and indeed to Rangers, to for goodness sake get a settlement, get a settlement and a structure over time whereby Rangers can continue because Rangers must continue for the future of Scottish football and for the fabric of the country."

So thinking as much about the scum and HMRC revenue as us.

Not one SNP has fought our corner. Like salmond did with hearts recently coincidently.. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You obviously don't do add or subtract, far less simple economics.

FYE 2017 Scotland returned a deficit of 8.3% of GDP, equalling £13.3 billion.

The UK as a whole returned a deficit of 2.3% of GDP.

Scotland's budget deficits have exceeded  7%  of GDP every year since 2009.

The EU criteria is 3%.

Now it's not hard to work out as to whom is underperforming! 

Westminster underwrites our deficits. In an independent Scotland, we would be unable to service he deficit due to it's high proportion of GDP. The country runs at a massive net loss and even if we managed to secure a loan from Wonga, we could never service it and we end up Greece mark 2.

Now none of this is too hard for your average moron to understand, but I suppose that is why there are those that vote SNPira!

All of those figures you have quoted include money which is spent on behalf of Scotland by the UK Government and includes non-identifiable spending and debt repayments (UK Government borrowed debt)

Let me put it in a way in which the average moron can understand.

You get your wages and your wife gets hers, everything goes into a joint account... Your wife spends like fuck so your cash helps pay her debt, she also withdraws money that you have no visibility of, she assures you she is spending that cash on "joint things" middle of the month there is fuck all cash left in the bank so your wife borrows more......... Is it right to say that YOU are skint? That YOU dont earn enough to cover your lifestyle...only a fuckwit would put up with living like that.

unless she gives a killer blowjob

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So mediation. Not backing, help or support. Thought as much.

From a Times article at the time.....

Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond believes the survival of Rangers is crucial for rivals celtic and the rest of Scottish football to prosper.

Salmond was responding to the financial crisis engulfing the Scottish champions after they went into administration on Tuesday.

The Ibrox club were forced to call in administrators Duff and Phelps over an unpaid tax bill of £9million, accrued since Craig Whyte's takeover in May.

Salmond told Sir David Frost, in an interview to be broadcast on Frost over the World on Al Jazeera English: "Obviously HMRC have got to pursue, in the public interest, taxation.

"Equally, they've got to have cognisance of the fact that we're talking about a huge institution, part of the fabric of the Scottish nation, as well as Scottish football, and everybody realises that.

"The most die-hard celtic supporter understands that celtic can't prosper unless Rangers are there.

"The rest of the clubs understand that as well. Therefore you have to have cognisance of these things when you're pursuing public policy.

"We've certainly been arguing to HMRC on one hand, and indeed to Rangers, to for goodness sake get a settlement, get a settlement and a structure over time whereby Rangers can continue because Rangers must continue for the future of Scottish football and for the fabric of the country."

So thinking as much about the scum and HMRC revenue as us.

Not one SNP has fought our corner. Like salmond did with hearts recently coincidently.. 

Sounds to me that he wanted our club to continue, there is no doubt he wanted to help.

tell me something, we are the establishment club, our supporters openly idolise the monarchy, we are by all accounts the queens club.

I dont see you bleating about not getting help from them... They stayed silent, didnt try to mediate.  It would have taken no more than a quiet word from any of them to put it to bed.

So the question is, why the hate for Salmond for trying to help but complete silence about the others doing bog all?  (Genuine Question)

17 minutes ago, coopscracker said:

Sounds to me that he wanted our club to continue, there is no doubt he wanted to help.

tell me something, we are the establishment club, our supporters openly idolise the monarchy, we are by all accounts the queens club.

I dont see you bleating about not getting help from them... They stayed silent, didnt try to mediate.  It would have taken no more than a quiet word from any of them to put it to bed.

So the question is, why the hate for Salmond for trying to help but complete silence about the others doing bog all?  (Genuine Question)

Comedy gold. The Queen should have mediated between Rangers and HMRC ??????

It's his ministerial duty to help Scottish football and clubs. Just that he really helps some, but allegedly mediates (is that the same as fighting our corner? ) in our situation.

14 minutes ago, coopscracker said:

All of those figures you have quoted include money which is spent on behalf of Scotland by the UK Government and includes non-identifiable spending and debt repayments (UK Government borrowed debt)

Let me put it in a way in which the average moron can understand.

You get your wages and your wife gets hers, everything goes into a joint account... Your wife spends like fuck so your cash helps pay her debt, she also withdraws money that you have no visibility of, she assures you she is spending that cash on "joint things" middle of the month there is fuck all cash left in the bank so your wife borrows more......... Is it right to say that YOU are skint? That YOU dont earn enough to cover your lifestyle...only a fuckwit would put up with living like that.

unless she gives a killer blowjob

OMG. What utter tripe.

The debt is split proportionately, as it should be, but being a beggar nationalist, you probably don't do paying back what is owed. THAT borrowed debt, becomes ours on any indy. We spent it and we don't get to walk away from it.

Now here is some homework  to exercise your one brain cell. Work out all the wealth that Scotland creates and even factor in Barnet, then deduct what it costs to keep this shithole afloat on current infrastructure and overhead. ALL the figure are publicly available. Now tell me exactly what the figure in red is. I'll give you a clue. It's a big one!

Of course none of it takes into account all the additional revenue needed to fund new government departments, civil servants, new quangos, consular services all over the planet and so on.

However, fear not. Taxation at 80p in the pound might just about cover it, IF we have any jobs left after an indy. 

Sadly logic and nationalists in the same sentence are just a contraction in terms, far less simple economics.

Enjoy your kilt in your bubble.

:mutley:

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Comedy gold. The Queen should have mediated between Rangers and HMRC ??????

It's his ministerial duty to help Scottish football and clubs. Just that he really helps some, but allegedly mediates (is that the same as fighting our corner? ) in our situation.

not going to answer the question?

Just now, coopscracker said:

not going to answer the question?

Point me in the direction of where I hate salmond and I will.

What others doing bog all? The Queen? ? What party was in charge during our troubles, who should have been most influential, the Greens? No one helped us, but the SNP hate us and everything we are about. Hence the multitude of quotes against us.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

OMG. What utter tripe.

The debt is split proportionately, as it should be, but being a beggar nationalist, you probably don't do paying back what is owed. THAT borrowed debt, becomes ours on any indy. We spent it and we don't get to walk away from it.

Now here is some homework  to exercise your one brain cell. Work out all the wealth that Scotland creates and even factor in Barnet, then deduct what it costs to keep this shithole afloat on current infrastructure and overhead. ALL the figure are publicly available. Now tell me exactly what the figure in red is. I'll give you a clue. It's a big one!

Of course none of it takes into account all the additional revenue needed to fund new government departments, civil servants, new quangos, consular services all over the planet and so on.

However, fear not. Taxation at 80p in the pound might just about cover it, IF we have any jobs left after an indy. 

Sadly logic and nationalists in the same sentence are just a contraction in terms, far less simple economics.

Enjoy your kilt in your bubble.

:mutley:

"THAT borrowed debt, becomes ours on any indy"

All of it or just a proportional share?, per capita share? Could you point me to where you are getting that info from, seems to me that it would be a negotiation but you seem to have other info so will be happy for you to point me to it....

"Now here is some homework  to exercise your one brain cell. Work out all the wealth that Scotland creates and even factor in Barnet, then deduct what it costs to keep this shithole afloat on current infrastructure and overhead. ALL the figure are publicly available"

Did you miss the part about "non-identifiable spending", here is a task for you Einstein..  Go and identify the "non-identifiable spending"... Will wait for your reply.  When you are at it find a breakdown of what is "spent on behalf of Scotland"...will wait your reply. 

"Of course none of it takes into account all the additional revenue needed to fund new government departments, civil servants, new quangos, consular services all over the planet and so on."

Seems that you are assuming the liability for shared debt but dont assume our share of joint assets....what a strange position to take.

"Sadly logic and nationalists in the same sentence are just a contraction in terms, far less simple economics."

1) Go and identify the "non-identifiable spending"

2) find a breakdown of what is "spent on behalf of Scotland"

3) point me to your source for the allocation of debt in the event of Scottish independence.

If you are able to provide these things and ultimately give credibility to your position then hats of to you....wont hold my breath though.

14 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

The wicked witch has taught you well in avoiding uncomfortable questions. I'll leave it at that before you start saying.... there's more work to be done..or Tory austerity...or its Westminster or Stronger for Scotland  !! 

:lol: so you want to pick a specific point in time but ignore other years :lol::lol: