Hummel

jjbscotty12

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Supermarkets are also someone who would be a good partner on that side of thing. They have the entire supply network if you can get production sorted. It's a bit tacky but they have far greater footfall than high street sports retail and have all made big pushes into online recently.

Was ashley no involved with Tesco and Debenhams :hmmm:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Call me a cynic...BUT an orange kit won't happen. Definitely sounds like a nice wee positive line to put out there after getting slaughtered from everybody for a couple of days. But nah...couldn't be.

It's worth announcing it even if they do scrap the idea just to see Scotland going in to complete meltdown.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It's worth announcing it even if they do scrap the idea just to see Scotland going in to complete meltdown.

I doubt anything close to that will happen. If they do announce it and don't do it all it would do is give fans another reason to moan about broken promises rather than matter to anybody else.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not quite 15-million upfront, or even 4-million a year but still decent money - for us, where we are at, brand awareness, toxicity, success on the pitch - all the factors.

Regarding the distributer question, call me stupid, but don't we need one? how can we do it ourselves? we don't have trucks, warehouses, logistics teams, transport offices? is it worth spending several millions setting all that up (and in an unworkable timeframe) just to save maybe 15% of kit sales (at a guess?)

I agree mate, I’ve said for long enough 3+ mill a year was what I thought we could get. 

Agan yes we need all that and Sports Direct are the obvious choice, but again we swing back to the utter shit the SOS and King were screaming about. So suddenly we will have Sports Direct going from devil incarnate to a useful business partner. 

Just more of the usual flip flop from the usual cunts. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I doubt anything close to that will happen. If they do announce it and don't do it all it would do is give fans another reason to moan about broken promises rather than matter to anybody else.

Even just the rumours will probably cause Graham Spiers to have a stroke.

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Sure he did / is . still think with his shops and dealings with other stores , we're gonna end up back in bed with him  

This also wouldn't surprise me. I remember reading something about Kitbag or Fanatics (maybe) or whoever it is that runs Man United's online store doing something with us which would be an interesting one

11 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Sure he did / is . still think with his shops and dealings with other stores , we're gonna end up back in bed with him  

Thats right, he bought Agent Provocateur as well, i forgot about that. 

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye as you could store the stock in a leased warehouse or something and ship out from there but you'd be missing a massive hole in the retail market meaning you still wouldn't have our strips to buy in high street stores. It would be a big chance missed now we have our retail deal back.

Maybe the club will go with SD's rival JDSports

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-3977756/JD-Sports-UK-s-biggest-sporting-goods-retailer-112m-Sports-acquisition.html

Archived