Major investment?

kris1984

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

KingKirk might say he did :lol:

I get what you are saying it’s about as left field as Pedro was on the whim of (presumably) one person on the board which is hardly something to feel comfortable about.

He’ll undoubtedly have learned quite a bit off of managers he worked under but can that translate into his own management? I guess we’ll be the ones finding out first hand.

I started off very much against it then leaned towards it just for almost every possible reason other than his management skills because I simply don’t know how good or bad they are. The way he talks about setting his teams up and some of the articles i’ve read on his tactical approach during some of Liverpool U18s European games leads me to believe he’s not a Plan A only, tippy taps type manager.

Gerrard will have to have a good season next year, 5 years will never happen as I suspect you well know. The knee jerk loyal will want him out and others saying told you so if he doesn’t win the first 3 games just as people will get carried away if we do win the first 3 with the 55 train patter.

I see pros and cons for this appointment and while it wouldn’t have been who I would have selected it’s not as demoralising as a mcinnes like appointment..

Some fair points in there. 

But in honesty I think many have bought into the hype, got excited because others are, want to be positive due to so much recent failure. I get all that as much as it's wrong. 

Think back to why you were against him initially and, being a pragmatic sort, I'm still there.

I get the positives like profile etc, but it's a manager we're recruiting not a brand ambassador. That's why I think KK and Blue Avenger are in some sort of bizarre orgasmic frenzy - given Gerrard is a manager in waiting first and foremost.

My big issue is his ability to spot talent, attract talent, manage budget, build squad, be tactically adept, garner winning attitude, game manage, and win. Just be a successful manager really. And I don't really give a fuck if he sells strips but can't deliver on those as that's his job not merchandise revenue or website hits. Though some think that's what it's all about and the management side is some sort of add on.

But as you say, at least it's not Mcinnes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Pies are gone in 2 bites. 

To be fair a nice noodle bar wouldn't be too bad an idea ?

Went to Wembley for the Olympic football & they had a noodle bar there.

Took a long time to get served in a short queue & missed part of the 2nd match!

Nice idea but it’s a ‘no’ from me - takes ours all their time to dish out a few Scotch pies!

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some fair points in there. 

But in honesty I think many have bought into the hype, got excited because others are, want to be positive due to so much recent failure. I get all that as much as it's wrong. 

Think back to why you were against him initially and, being a pragmatic sort, I'm still there.

I get the positives like profile etc, but it's a manager we're recruiting not a brand ambassador. That's why I think KK and Blue Avenger are in some sort of bizarre orgasmic frenzy - given Gerrard is a manager in waiting first and foremost.

My big issue is his ability to spot talent, attract talent, manage budget, build squad, be tactically adept, garner winning attitude, game manage, and win. Just be a successful manager really. And I don't really give a fuck if he sells strips but can't deliver on those as that's his job not merchandise revenue or website hits. Though some think that's what it's all about and the management side is some sort of add on.

But as you say, at least it's not Mcinnes.

That will be Mark Allen's job but I think with Gerrards name it will automatically attract talent.

Your right about the tactical awareness tho but hopefully with playing at such a high level and being with the u18s it's something he has picked up. The one thing I wouldn't be worried about is a winning attitude, I would assume he will want guys who will run through brick walls for him the same way he was willing to.do while playing. 

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Went to Wembley for the Olympic football & they had a noodle bar there.

Took a long time to get served in a short queue & missed part of the 2nd match!

Nice idea but it’s a ‘no’ from me - takes ours all their time to dish out a few Scotch pies!

Plus there’s a lot of foreign cunts that can’t understand English too good working the Ibrox stalls 

26 minutes ago, james_85 said:

That will be Mark Allen's job but I think with Gerrards name it will automatically attract talent.

Your right about the tactical awareness tho but hopefully with playing at such a high level and being with the u18s it's something he has picked up. The one thing I wouldn't be worried about is a winning attitude, I would assume he will want guys who will run through brick walls for him the same way he was willing to.do while playing. 

I think Allen might go tbh.

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Plus there’s a lot of foreign cunts that can’t understand English too good working the Ibrox stalls 

Not to mention the sneer you get off the 16 yo lassie serving you, as she wings a welded to the bottom pie, and a Bovril hotter than the sun at you. 

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not to mention the sneer you get off the 16 yo lassie serving you, as she wings a welded to the bottom pie, and a Bovril hotter than the sun at you. 

Wee fucking bastards 

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It sure was, can't believe they done away with it - it was selling out constantly. Maybe they could bring it back, Sevco Pakora has a catchy ring to it?

Sevkora ??

52 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That too!

And the ceremonial transfer of the Irn Bru from one plastic container to another plastic container!

If we wanted to make a missile out of it, we’d just take a roll of sellotape and fix the lid on!

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I liked the pizza they had 

slightly off topic

Do chippies in Scotland still sell deep fried pizzas?  I tried explaining that to a number of people across the globe and all thought I was lying.  A lump of dough, with a spread of pizza sauce covered in some processed cheese, cooked deep fried fat, FFS only in Scotland.  

58 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

slightly off topic

Do chippies in Scotland still sell deep fried pizzas?  I tried explaining that to a number of people across the globe and all thought I was lying.  A lump of dough, with a spread of pizza sauce covered in some processed cheese, cooked deep fried fat, FFS only in Scotland.  

Yes. You also get salt n chilli deep fried pizza now 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

slightly off topic

They sure do my favourite meal soggy with vinegar it’s 2am and I want one now thanks 

Archived