***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think it got cynical at times when the players cottoned on to what was happening. Numerous times some things that should have been booked haven't. I don't mind a bit of argy bargy, but some of the stuff they've not been booking has been obvious, cynical breaking up of play.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that, however, weighing the cynical fouls versus the constant stopping of the game with multiple bookings and players missing games, I think the balance has been about right, though it will never be perfect. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

They never gave a goal kick, gave offside, VAR would have made goal stand...

Also that was a stonewall penalty on Lovren, something England have benefited from all tournament, so biased in the studio.

Ah, cool only seen the replay there. My post didn't quite make sense either!

Yeah he wasn't offside but was unsure why they didn't get a corner.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Also that was a stonewall penalty on Lovren, something England have benefited from all tournament, so biased in the studio.

That was worse than the ones on Kane in the first game they were raging about 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wouldn't disagree with most of that, however, weighing the cynical fouls versus the constant stopping of the game with multiple bookings and players missing games, I think the balance has been about right, though it will never be perfect. 

Personally, i think it's gone too far and it's for the players to keep themselves on the pitch by not being cynical, and the refs to ref the game.

As I say, physicality, no problem, even to the point of giving bad tackles the benefit of the doubt. It's just the cynicism. That really affects games.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Never a penalty for Lovren. VAR agreed too. England have had 2 stonewallers turned down this tournament. Lovrens a greeting faced shite.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Never a penalty for Lovren. VAR agreed too. England have had 2 stonewallers turned down this tournament. Lovrens a greeting faced shite.

England got a penalty for the same thing earlier in the tournament 

Archived